Wait. So why is the Xbox One the same price as a Playstation 4?

#41dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 5:07:29 AM
phineasfool posted...
The PS2 and the original Xbox were both $300, yet the Xbox was more powerful and had a built in hard drive while with the PS2 you had to buy a memory card for $20-$30. We're you complaining about that back then?

The PS2 didn't need to lower its price in order to stay competitive, and therein lies the difference.
#42phineasfoolPosted 7/16/2014 5:15:10 AM
dnmt posted...
phineasfool posted...
The PS2 and the original Xbox were both $300, yet the Xbox was more powerful and had a built in hard drive while with the PS2 you had to buy a memory card for $20-$30. We're you complaining about that back then?

The PS2 didn't need to lower its price in order to stay competitive, and therein lies the difference.

That has nothing to do with what the TC posted. He asked why the PS4 and Xbox One were the same price when the Xbox One is weaker. By the same token he should have asked why the PS2 was the same price as the original Xbox since the PS2 was weaker, plus you had to buy a memory card for basic functionality on it. You did have to buy the remote for the Xbox if you wanted to play DVDs, but that wasn't needed for basic functionality of the system.

I'm not arguing over whether it needed to be cheaper to be competitive or which had better games. I'm just talking purely power wise, which is all the TC asked at the beginning.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#43Exodus_PrimePosted 7/16/2014 5:15:47 AM
How many time has this topic been made before? 10? 15? 25? But why oh why is Xbone same price as PS4 if it's super mega deluxe more powerful than bone

Tc just because I find your topic and all your posts garbage doesn't mean I don't respect you.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#44blacktoothgrin2Posted 7/16/2014 5:16:03 AM
If youre in canada xbox one is cheaper $399.99
Ps4 went up to $449.99
#45DarthVashtiPosted 7/16/2014 5:16:44 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
And before anyone says otherwise, 1080p and 720p make a HUGE difference.

Not really seeing as neither actually makes a game fun to play or a terrible game.
---
XBL: blueknight1st
#46quincy2000aPosted 7/16/2014 5:18:28 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
quincy2000a posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
One is not 'much more powerful' than the other.

Just sayin'...

your unsubstantiated statement would be better with some actual numbers--because without verified numbers to back up your statement, it carries the same amount of weight as someone who writes "the PS4 is much more powerful than the X1."

The numbers are out there for people to look up. I'm not going to do the legwork for people who really think two largely comparable consoles are... not largely comparable. They either have some bias or are slow. If I said a gaming PC was not much more powerful than a Wii U, I might feel compelled to back that one up.

Okay...I heard the PS4 is 30-50% more powerful than the X1--which, if true, is a substantial difference.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#47dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 5:19:55 AM
DarthVashti posted...

Not really seeing as neither actually makes a game fun to play or a terrible game.

Dude, it's 125% more pixels. Any game is objectively better for being higher res or with a better framerate.
#48dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 5:20:40 AM
quincy2000a posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
quincy2000a posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
One is not 'much more powerful' than the other.

Just sayin'...

your unsubstantiated statement would be better with some actual numbers--because without verified numbers to back up your statement, it carries the same amount of weight as someone who writes "the PS4 is much more powerful than the X1."

The numbers are out there for people to look up. I'm not going to do the legwork for people who really think two largely comparable consoles are... not largely comparable. They either have some bias or are slow. If I said a gaming PC was not much more powerful than a Wii U, I might feel compelled to back that one up.

Okay...I heard the PS4 is 30-50% more powerful than the X1--which, if true, is a substantial difference.

It's true and the differences in power are apparent in most multiplatform games already.
#49DarthVashtiPosted 7/16/2014 5:25:09 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
DarthVashti posted...

Dude, it's 125% more pixels. Any game is objectively better for being higher res or with a better framerate.

Oh my god, more pixels!

It doesn't make the game more fun though. All it does is make the game prettier. A pretty game isn't automatically more fun.

Saying prettier is better is like saying hot chicks are better at sex. I have been with plenty of hot chicks that were real boring lays.
---
XBL: blueknight1st
#50dnmtPosted 7/16/2014 5:26:27 AM(edited)
DarthVashti posted...
dnmt posted...
DarthVashti posted...

Oh my god, more pixels!

It doesn't make the game more fun though. All it does is make the game prettier. A pretty game isn't automatically more fun.

Saying prettier is better is like saying hot chicks are better at sex. I have been with plenty of hot chicks that were real boring lays.

It does. And res actually has a tangible effect on gameplay as well in games like BF4 where you can spot enemies in the distance much more easily.