Are the "Next Gen" consoles just a stop gap Generation?

#1known2FAILPosted 7/16/2014 5:13:57 AM
With the emergence of 4K technology and the "Next Gen" consoles performing at lower standards than expected will the "Next Gen" consoles last only 5 years or so before the REAL Next Gen appears when the 4K inevitably takes off?
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#2known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 9:26:59 AM
So no one has an opinion on this?
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me
#3Crystyn_7BPosted 7/16/2014 9:33:15 AM
I guess your name speaks leagues.
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/16/2014 9:39:20 AM
What a stupid thought. The same could be said about your 4k generation and the inevitable leap foward that will be made after that gen. It can be said about literally every generation. No, it's not a stop gap.... It's just the new generation, just like there was a past and will be a future.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#5iamdanthamanPosted 7/16/2014 9:40:39 AM
Neither console last gen hit 720p consistently, neither console this gen hits 1080p consistently. Why would you assume that they will cut this gen short and come out with new consoles that will hit 4k consistently.

Most likely, these current consoles will last about 7 years, Nintendo will come out with a new console with a random gimmicky attachment that is a little more powerful than the PS4 and X1, and MS and Sony will come out with new consoles that finally hit 1080p and 60fps consistently,

and people will complain thusly: "This is 2020, we should be able to expect 4k and 120fps"

to which another poster will respond: "I game on a 42-inch TV, you can't even tell the difference on anything smaller than 60-inches",

then another will chime in with "You should be able to tell the difference if there is nothing wrong with your eyes."

And another: "PC gamers have been gaming in 4k resolutions for 10 years already, why can't these consoles get their act together"
---
All your base are belong to us
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/16/2014 10:33:27 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Neither console last gen hit 720p consistently, neither console this gen hits 1080p consistently. Why would you assume that they will cut this gen short and come out with new consoles that will hit 4k consistently.

Most likely, these current consoles will last about 7 years, Nintendo will come out with a new console with a random gimmicky attachment that is a little more powerful than the PS4 and X1, and MS and Sony will come out with new consoles that finally hit 1080p and 60fps consistently,

and people will complain thusly: "This is 2020, we should be able to expect 4k and 120fps"

to which another poster will respond: "I game on a 42-inch TV, you can't even tell the difference on anything smaller than 60-inches",

then another will chime in with "You should be able to tell the difference if there is nothing wrong with your eyes."

And another: "PC gamers have been gaming in 4k resolutions for 10 years already, why can't these consoles get their act together"

I want to have your babies.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#7FinzFan4lifePosted 7/16/2014 10:37:18 AM
iamdanthaman posted...

This this this
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#8known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 10:45:31 AM
Umm.... No need to kill me for this....
---
#9Wii_TruthPosted 7/16/2014 11:06:29 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
iamdanthaman posted...

I want to have your babies.

Was it the incessant whining, or the cheap stabs at Nintendo that got you in the mood?
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#10userfrigginamePosted 7/16/2014 11:10:35 AM
Dude... relax and just enjoy this gen. Technology's always improving. When we reach next gen, there's gonna be some other ppl talking about the next next gen, and it'll never end. Stop worrying about what's coming up next, and just friggin enjoy what you have now.