Are the "Next Gen" consoles just a stop gap Generation?

#11Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/16/2014 11:23:58 AM
Wii_Truth posted...
Was it the incessant whining, or the cheap stabs at Nintendo that got you in the mood?

Incessant whining is a turn off for me... This is why I don't want to have your babies.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#12dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/16/2014 11:44:22 AM
terrible topic is terrible
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#13mrpicPosted 7/16/2014 11:59:41 AM
im beggining to think more and more that this generation will be extremely short

resolution debate kinect add to that the majority of games are being released as pay to win and such, soon people will just stop buying them and microsoft/sony will be trying to find a fresh way to get people interested in gaming again.
#14dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/16/2014 12:08:17 PM
mrpic posted...
im beggining to think more and more that this generation will be extremely short

resolution debate kinect add to that the majority of games are being released as pay to win and such, soon people will just stop buying them and microsoft/sony will be trying to find a fresh way to get people interested in gaming again.

Let me use some evidence to back up my argument against everything you just typed out:

No.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#15LanternOfAshPosted 7/16/2014 12:12:06 PM
No, it's not a stop gap. It's just crappy hardware.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#16f0rgePosted 7/16/2014 12:29:12 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Neither console last gen hit 720p consistently, neither console this gen hits 1080p consistently. Why would you assume that they will cut this gen short and come out with new consoles that will hit 4k consistently.

Most likely, these current consoles will last about 7 years, Nintendo will come out with a new console with a random gimmicky attachment that is a little more powerful than the PS4 and X1, and MS and Sony will come out with new consoles that finally hit 1080p and 60fps consistently,

and people will complain thusly: "This is 2020, we should be able to expect 4k and 120fps"

to which another poster will respond: "I game on a 42-inch TV, you can't even tell the difference on anything smaller than 60-inches",

then another will chime in with "You should be able to tell the difference if there is nothing wrong with your eyes."

And another: "PC gamers have been gaming in 4k resolutions for 10 years already, why can't these consoles get their act together"

Hahaha this guy knows the future!!!
#17f0rgePosted 7/16/2014 12:32:19 PM
Everyone makes the same incorrect assumption, that this generation is already 100% optimized.

To anyone who thinks that, I'll tell you to go play TES:Oblivion and then TES:Skyrim on 360. You wouldn't even believe those games are playing on the same console.
#18Bobsy84Posted 7/16/2014 12:37:49 PM
I dont consider it a stop gap but really cant see it going on for as long as the 360 ps4 gen.
As long as i get a minimum of 4 years out of this gen ill consider it well worth the money
#19djrudenPosted 7/16/2014 12:39:31 PM
I played NES for years even tho TV's were capable of better output. Same with SNES, and N64/PS1.

TV tech is always ahead of the gaming systems.
#20known2FAIL(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 3:49:34 PM
Bobsy84 posted...
I dont consider it a stop gap but really cant see it going on for as long as the 360 ps4 gen.
As long as i get a minimum of 4 years out of this gen ill consider it well worth the money

This is what I'm meaning here. Also there seems to be an assumption that I just grab next gen everything and throw out my old gen games never using them again. That's not true at all. I still have my n64. I would still have my SNES and Sega if they didn't break after massive wear and tear. Resolutions hardly matter to me as well. If they did I would have a PS4. I'm just glancing in the future taking an educated guess, a poor one apparently, based on what our Technology is now and what our expected future Tech to be.
---
Guess what... I like Micheal Bay movies. Am I crazy? Nope. I'm a guy that likes movies that entertain me and don't judge movies under a microscope. Sue me