Do you find it difficult to play multiple games at a time?

#1BadLuckIncPosted 7/16/2014 9:34:15 AM
I'm in the middle of playing the whole Assassins Creed series from the original up to the latest in preparation for Unity (I never played any of them and own them all now with Black Flag being for Xbox One) while going for all single player achievements.

I also have others I would love to complete for achievements and overall completion for Ryse, Outlast, Forza 5, MGS Ground Zero's, CoD Ghosts, Titanfall, PvZ: GW and some other X360 games scattered here and there. these are just ones I can remember lol.

Now this year has LOADS of games I want to purchase and play (We all know how craZY October looks :) ), but trying to find time to complete the Assassins Creed series in order of release, plus my existing Xbox One games and all these new ones coming out has my mind doing cartwheels.

How do you guys go about playing more than one game if you haven't finished others you want to? Do you just stick with one game and play it till it's beaten whether it be for achievements or just to finish it in general and that's that. Or do you constantly swap between online games and single player games, sometimes playing 4+ different games in one long drawn out gaming session?
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add me~
Xbox Live: Bad Luck Ink | Twitch: badluckink
#2Crystyn_7BPosted 7/16/2014 9:35:31 AM
No, I usually do but I sometimes get tired of them and switch it up, Diablo 3 is my podcast game.
#3Rizzman111Posted 7/16/2014 9:35:49 AM
I just go one at a time especially with RPGs. Otherwise I take breaks to play GTA Online and Payday 2 with friends
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.
#4BadLuckInc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 9:49:33 AM
Yeah dang my OCD habits with achievements, or I'd probably finish games a lot sooner lol :) I hate having half finished games sitting around :( I like to try to stick with one if possible, but sometimes you just need to change it up.
---
#5strawberry11Posted 7/16/2014 10:05:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6nothingbeastPosted 7/16/2014 10:17:04 AM
I don't find it difficult. I just don't like doing that.

I like focusing on a single title at any time. Basically I'll buy a game, devote 100% of my time to it until I'm done with it, and then move on to another title. I generally don't have a backlog because I only buy games one at a time.

Not only does it let me enjoy the game I have without the "PLAY ME, I'M NEW" distraction, but it keeps my gaming budget in check as well. Usually a game will get a price drop or two while I'm busy with another title.

For instance, I'm just now getting around to Lollipop Chainsaw, and I got it for $17. I wanted it when it first came out, but was already busy with other titles.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 7/16/2014 10:28:34 AM(edited)
It depends on the games for me.

I can juggle a bunch of games around if I don't feel the need to invest myself fully in that game. Playing a quick spurt of Outlast and then shooting faces in Sniper Elite 3 is fine with me. Or doing a level in Guacamelee and then jumping on Steam to play The Forest is cool too. I dont mind multitasking a bunch of games and usually find myself doing that a lot.

There are exceptions though. One in particular that I am playing now is Divinity: Original Sin. Games like that, which suck me in, get my full attention. Not sure how many people here have played Divinity, but there is just so much to invest in that if I played a bunch of other games and came back to it, I would feel rusty and lost. No quest markers, tons of branching dialogue to remember, etc etc. It's one of those games that is best played when you can devote your time to just that.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#8Wizzl241Posted 7/16/2014 11:21:01 AM
I am always juggling games. I can't sit diwn and play the same (single-player) game for a long time. I need variety, I usually play two or three different games each session. It might make my completion of games slower but it's just how I roll. I have so many games spread among PS4, One, 360, Vita, 3DS, it's pretty crazy. I even have Gamecube and PS2 games I need to finish.
---
I like video games.
PSN Vita: Wizzl241 XBL: WlZZL
#9shoji_joPosted 7/16/2014 11:30:42 AM
I'm so glad that there are no new games I want for a few months, as I'm struggling to get through the backlog.

I'm currently between Assassins Creed Black Flag, Guacamelee, Project X Zone and Pokemon Y. The DS games I can play when not near a console so that's ok.
To add to these I have Zombi U, Resident Evil Revelations, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, The Walking Dead Season 2, MGS Ground Zeroes and maybe some PS plus games.

I keep finding myself playing Titanfall or NBA2k14, which really aren't getting me anywhere!
#10BadLuckInc(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 9:54:51 AM
shoji_jo posted...
I'm so glad that there are no new games I want for a few months, as I'm struggling to get through the backlog.

I'm currently between Assassins Creed Black Flag, Guacamelee, Project X Zone and Pokemon Y. The DS games I can play when not near a console so that's ok.
To add to these I have Zombi U, Resident Evil Revelations, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, The Walking Dead Season 2, MGS Ground Zeroes and maybe some PS plus games.

I keep finding myself playing Titanfall or NBA2k14, which really aren't getting me anywhere!

Yeah the online games are great fun, but never help you advance in other games lol.
---