Witcher gameplay exposes trolls. They form opinions based on spin provided by DF

#61method115Posted 7/16/2014 2:51:52 PM
Your asking people to noticed differences on compressed youtube videos. That's very hard and you'll noticed very little difference like that. Plug both systems into my 42" 1080p TV that's less then 5" from my couch and you will noticed the difference and that's all I care about. I don't care about some stupid compressed video. If Digital Foundry says theres an issue it's because there is because they're vewiing the videos face to face with no compression.

At the end of the day no matter how little the difference is why would I want to pay more for a weaker hardware? The hardware is weaker period and if you think things are going to become closer as this gen gets deeper and games become more demanding well then good luck with that theory.

I'll take my chances with the proven console and I could care less about exclusives because neither side has anything that matters to me. Every single game I care about is being released on both systems so I'll take the one that has had more success running games in higher resolution/ frame rate.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#62RuinerEraserPosted 7/16/2014 3:10:07 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...

To be honest, I misread sales numbers for the games yes. I saw what place they were selling in now and took this info as what place they were in for total sales. This is why I deleted this post. The info was wrong. I'll own it.

However, NHL14, on the other hand, has far less sales than mlb the show so his opinion still hold very little water.(this time I made sure lol)

If we are basing this on sales, nhl games are far more niche than mlb games

He still loses. Thanks for playing?

You should probably just stop, you're embarassing yourself. Yes yes, you win little guy. *pats head*

Are you kidding captain hockey game?
Didn't expect to see you speak up again after the dribble that poured out of your face earlier (just one page prior) about sports popularity/baseball popularity in poor countries (including America some how), and how The only sports game you play appears to be quite niche in comparison to an mlb game.

Either way, fun to see you here, looking forward to more of your opinions. :)

What are you talking about? All I said was the number one reason football is the most popular sport in the world is because it's ease of acess to poor countries, you only need 1 ball to play. No equipment. This was in reference to you saying that the MLB is popular and for some reason that automatically makes it a good video game.

NHL 14 outsold MLB the show, can you please give me references to suggest the contrary? Remember NHL 14 is on two consoles, where as the Show is on one console becuase baseball is a niche video game market that nobody really plays.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#63zephirrainesPosted 7/16/2014 3:46:27 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
Going to tweak some info here. I don't care who "wins", just as long as the information is accurate.
I'm going to skip over pure Exclusives, as they are pointless (or else why add in Titanfall?)

FIRST PERSON SHOOTER
XBOX - Titanfall,
PLAYSTATION- Killzone, Blacklight: Retribution,
Note: I'm not sure if XB1 had a beta test with Destiny yet
SHARED -Battlefield 4, Wolfenstine, CoD Ghosts

WINNER: Honestly, the "Winner" in categories is opinion based, unless no entry available

RACING
Xbox- FORZA 5
PLAYSTATION: N/A (I'm suprised to not see a Grand Tursimo)
Shared - Trials Fusion, Need for Speed: Rivals

ACTION
XBOX- RYSE, Another World, Zombie Driver
PLAYSTATION: Dynasty Warriors 8, Bound by Flame, Transistor, Mercenary Kings, Entwined, Titan Attacks, Infamous, Guacamelee
SHARED - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Lego The Hobbit, The LEGO Movie Videogame, Spider-Man 2, Murdered, Metal Gear Solid, Watch Dogs, Strider
Note: "Dead Rising is survival horror, sooo....

Survival Horror:
XBOX- DEAD RISING 3
PLAYSTATION: Daylight, Outlast

THIRD PERSON SHOOTER:
XBOX: PVZ GARDEN WARFARE:
PLAYSTATION: N/A
SHARED - Transformers (See note)
Note: Numerous XB1 and PS4 games are labeled differently based on the wikis. IE: Transformers is a Third Person on the PS4 stuff, but Action on XB1

FIGHTING:
XBOX: KILLER INSTINCT, Fighter Within
PLAYSTATION: Injustice
SHARED - EA Sports UFC

RPGS
XBOX - N/A
PS4 - FF14, DCUO
SHARED - Child of Light,
Note: Multiple RPGs fall under the Action like Transistor as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

List was slapped together my manually skimming the pages. Both consoles have an incredible amount of games ready to roll out, so by all means, check out the lists and see what's coming up.
I'm sure I have a few errors, and I'm positive some of you will pick apart the alterations to the lists I put in there, but it's all right there for you guys to see, so feel free to gander at it, and make your own decisions.

We're still not far enough into this generation to really see the games rolling out, so it would be nice if this whole console war deal would end already, as it's getting old fast.

So basically ps4 is just indies and last gen ports? No wonder its targeting casuals and the wii market.
#64Cowboy0660Posted 7/16/2014 4:25:05 PM(edited)
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...

Since nhl 14 is only tracked for the first to weeks before both systems fall of to numbers not shown(while mlb

To be honest, I misread sales numbers for the games yes. I saw what place they were selling in now and took this info as what place they were in for total sales. This is why I deleted this post. The info was wrong. I'll own it.

However, NHL14, on the other hand, has far less sales than mlb the show so his opinion still hold very little water.(this time I made sure lol)

You should probably just stop, you're embarassing yourself. Yes yes, you win little guy. *pats head*

Didn't expect to see you speak up again after the dribble that poured out of your face earlier (just one page prior) about sports popularity/baseball popularity in poor countries (including America some how), and how The only sports game you play appears to be quite niche in comparison to an mlb game.

What are you talking about? All I said was the number one reason football is the most popular sport in the world is because it's ease of acess to poor countries, you only need 1 ball to play. No equipment. This was in reference to you saying that the MLB is popular and for some reason that automatically makes it a good video game.

NHL 14 outsold MLB the show, can you please give me references to suggest the contrary? Remember NHL 14 is on two consoles, where as the Show is on one console becuase baseball is a niche video game market that nobody really plays.

Really? According to charts I have seen in the first 2 weeks of sales across ps3/360 nhl14 had about 175k in sales.

MLB the show in there first 2 weeks ps3/ps4 had about 358k in sales.

That's if you want to do across all systems and I didn't even include vita.

If you want to do individual sales per system ps3 mlb the show beat out ps3 and xbox360 nhl 14 in sales in the first 2 weeks
Nhl14-ps3 81k. Xbox 360 93k

Mlb the show 14 ps3-113k

The reason I chose only the first 2 weeks is because after the first 2 weeks both versions of nhl14 fell off the charts low enough to be undisclosed, while mlb 14 ranked high enough in sales (for both systems individually) to disclose info for the first 4 weeks of sales.

You can cherry pick all systems vs only one system in game sales but I think you are still wrong man.
Where did you get your info that nhl 14 sold better?

Have fun playing your niche hockey game Capetian hockey.

Also, my reference about baseball as a good sport does nothing to prove it is a good video game sure, just like your comments about the popularity of soccer as a sport have nothing to do with how good it is as a video game.

Do you know what does prove MLB the show it is a good game though? Year after year of excellent reviews, that's what.
Try getting your thoughts in order.
#65KaijinSurohmPosted 7/16/2014 4:12:03 PM
zephirraines posted...

So basically ps4 is just indies and last gen ports? No wonder its targeting casuals and the wii market.

^ Missed the point entirely.
---
http://s27.postimg.org/kj94tqjtf/1483220_718769974810683_97803309_n.jpg
The 10 commandments of Logic
#66SolisPosted 7/16/2014 4:48:12 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
large hyperbole

This perfectly describes the topic creator's opening post (and all of his subsequent posts). Meanwhile, people that care about the quality of their gaming experience will continue to read Digital Foundry's excellent comparison articles.

Oh and to point out another fraudulent claim by the topic creator:

LEGEND_725 posted...
People couldn't even tell killzone wasn't 1080p until they were told.

Explain why these people were complaining about the blurriness in multiplayer back before the native resolution as revealed:

https://killzone.uservoice.com/forums/228623-feature-additions-and-ideas/suggestions/5089127-reduce-the-blur-in-multiplayer
"There's too much blur when playing multiplayer maps."
"the blur bothers me quite a bit"
"I agree with that . Too blur"
"Got to admit, the blurring left me feeling really disappointed"
"Too much motion blur, give me nausea and eyestrain too."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717455&page=5
"the graphics are really bugging me: The blurry FXAA, the super blurry sides..."
"I cannot stand how blurry the multiplayer looks."
"It's just jarring since the IQ in SP is so much better."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/killzone-shadowfall-multiplayer-footage-6mins-vide-29440365/
"Really disliking the blurry motion"

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/killzone-shadow-fall-review/1900-605/
"the multiplayer also has an odd motion blur effect that makes the game look overly blurry"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67730894
"This explains why it looks like crap now and is all blurry."
"It has an odd jaggy, flickering thing going on when the cam moves and pans around. "

Seems like plenty of people noticed the multiplayer had a lower native resolution than the singleplayer.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#67leatheljPosted 7/16/2014 5:11:00 PM
Well even if that list is kinda true which it is your gonna get flamed hard tc I'm sure you know tho. Any way a advantage some would say is ps4 has more freeium games and indie games also ps+ does give kinda better games that's all I could think of but I do agree xb1 has the better AAA exclusives now and after watching e3 it seems they will have better ones in the future.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#68RuinerEraserPosted 7/16/2014 5:17:21 PM
Cowboy0660 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
Cowboy0660 posted...

Since nhl 14 is only tracked for the first to weeks before both systems fall of to numbers not shown(while mlb

Really? According to charts I have seen in the first 2 weeks of sales across ps3/360 nhl14 had about 175k in sales.

MLB the show in there first 2 weeks ps3/ps4 had about 358k in sales.

That's if you want to do across all systems and I didn't even include vita.

If you want to do individual sales per system ps3 mlb the show beat out ps3 and xbox360 nhl 14 in sales in the first 2 weeks
Nhl14-ps3 81k. Xbox 360 93k

Mlb the show 14 ps3-113k

The reason I chose only the first 2 weeks is because after the first 2 weeks both versions of nhl14 fell off the charts low enough to be undisclosed, while mlb 14 ranked high enough in sales (for both systems individually) to disclose info for the first 4 weeks of sales.

You can cherry pick all systems vs only one system in game sales but I think you are still wrong man.
Where did you get your info that nhl 14 sold better?

Have fun playing your niche hockey game Capetian hockey.

Also, my reference about baseball as a good sport does nothing to prove it is a good video game sure, just like your comments about the popularity of soccer as a sport have nothing to do with how good it is as a video game.

Do you know what does prove MLB the show it is a good game though? Year after year of excellent reviews, that's what.
Try getting your thoughts in order.

I'm asking for links for total sales, then I'll provide mine. You're just saying words.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#69Jedi454Posted 7/16/2014 5:23:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70ish0turfac3Posted 7/16/2014 6:43:33 PM
Wrong. Pc wins. Gtfo.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
3DS Code: 1719-3540-9027 Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (feel free to add me)