Who here games on PC, Xbox One, and at LEAST one other current-gen platform?

#1SigmaLongshotPosted 7/16/2014 10:58:49 AM
...because I keep hearing "hardcore", "casual", "master race", and so on, but has anyone ever simply been proud to be labelled a... "true gamer"?

The distinction is this - regardless of platform, format or file-type, you see quality and enjoyment in games from all avenues, every cul-de-sac of the gaming world, even if you have a bias or a preference elsewhere.

For example, this generation, though my PC isn't a beast, I'm a sucker for a good Steam sale. I bought my Xbox One for Dead Rising, Halo and Killer Instinct, own a Wii U because I initially wanted to play Pikmin and Mario Kart but also for Smash Bros. I got a 3DSXL and love Professor Layton and Pokemon. I own a PSVita and was utterly intoxicated by Tearaway. I also can't get enough of Jetpack Joyride on my Windows Phone.

Who here is proud to be a true gamer, dedicated solely, only to gaming, in it's purest, simplest, and most free of forms?

---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#2DarthUchiha91Posted 7/16/2014 11:07:15 AM
I'm proud to be a gamer.

I don't know about this 'true gamer' nonsense.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#3SampsonMPosted 7/16/2014 11:07:46 AM
I have a gaming PC, an Xbox One and a Wii U. I'm going to get a PS4 next year, probably.

I also have a six-figure job.

Most people can't afford multiple consoles, and don't blame them for being fanboys.
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#4RuinerEraserPosted 7/16/2014 11:08:05 AM
Even if I had all the money in the world, I probably would'nt own all of that bs because there just is'nt enough time in the day to play that many games. Call me a casual or whatever, I like the few select games I play and that's about it.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#5_MrENigma_Posted 7/16/2014 11:10:00 AM
I have a pretty good PC but don't game on it. But I still have an OG Xbox, 3 Xbox 360's (Don't ask), An Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, 3DSXL, PS Vita, Dreamcast. I will be getting a PS4 when something that interests me comes out. And I've been gaming for over 30 years beginning with the Sinclair ZX Specrum. True enough gamer for ya?
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/16/2014 3:56:49 PM(edited)
Really the only console that would be considered next generation would be the PS4 and that barely qualifies but yes, I have X1, PS4 and PC.

PC >>> PS4 >>>>>>>>>>X1
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/16/2014 3:58:51 PM(edited)
SampsonM posted...
I have a gaming PC, an Xbox One and a Wii U. I'm going to get a PS4 next year, probably.

I also have a six-figure job.

Most people can't afford multiple consoles, and don't blame them for being fanboys.

Not sure what part of the world you live in, but a 6 figure job isn't needed to own all next generation consoles and a gaming PC it's just called money management at least in `Murica or whatever you people on the net wanna call it now a days.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#8BoxTheMuppetPosted 7/16/2014 4:16:01 PM
I'm ashamed to be a gamer. Whenever I drag myself to a midnight release, and see the basement dwellers that share my hobby, I die a little inside.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#9ltrain414Posted 7/16/2014 5:02:01 PM
Dudebros,

I game on the PC, PS4, Xbone, X360, PS3, Vita, IOS, Android.

Not to mention all the other old systems who are in the retirement home! This is HARDCORE
#10desert_santaPosted 7/16/2014 5:09:00 PM(edited)
Ps4
X1
Wii u
Vita
3ds

Those five on a regular basis. Once in a while I go back to the 360, ouya and ps3. Once a year I buy a game for the PC.

Only go back to other systems if I want to replay an old game.

Edit:

Have yet to try gaming on mobile or tablet.