Microsoft fires 18 000 employees.

#21Crystyn_7BPosted 7/17/2014 7:17:09 AM
brownmyster posted...
Hudson_RL posted...
Didn't they acquire 30K employes through the acquisition of Nokia? So they still have thousands more employees than they originally had. People are jumping to conclusions.

This. I made a topic about this but of course no trolls to be found in that topic. Ms isn't failing. They acquire Nokia for what 7 billion? More than what sony made in profit last year. The xbox isn't doom. Love how when ps4 goes into 1st place cause of hype. All the sudden xbox is doomed and Nintendo is doomed threads start popping up.

To be fair there are more than enough Sony is doomed topics and comments.

Oh and they acquired Nokia for 6 times as much as Sony lost last year.
#22SigmaLongshotPosted 7/17/2014 7:19:37 AM
Pretty despicable that some people are using people getting layoffs as anti-Microsoft fanboy fuel.

That's really the nadir of humanity right there.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#23MrSpaM111Posted 7/17/2014 7:24:57 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Pretty despicable that some people are using people getting layoffs as anti-Microsoft fanboy fuel.

Say that to the xbox fanatics who claimed the Playstation was doomed because 3 people at naughty dog quit their jobs.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#24nableetPosted 7/17/2014 7:25:47 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

Yup, as I have said in pretty much every thread directed at Sony going bankrupt and people being fired, it is terrible that people revel in this kind of stuff.

Bit of plastic > Peoples lives.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#25LooksLikeRainPosted 7/17/2014 7:30:54 AM
Well this is to be expected after acquiring 30k new employees and having overlapping jobs as a result. Sure it sucks people are going to lose their jobs, but that's the way it works. You can't expect a company to keep redundant employees because they feel bad. Also, I'm sure everyone laid off will be compensated with a severance.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#26CMX5Posted 7/17/2014 7:31:04 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
This really sucks I feel bad for those who lost their jobs I hope they all find jobs quickly.

This.
---
PSN/XBL-CMX5
Batman:Arkham Knight. Destiny. Alien:Isolation. CoD:A.W. Far Cry 4. BFH. BATTLEFRONT. Mortal Kombat X. Halo:MCC. Crackdown 3. The hype is crazy.
#27kingofjamaicaPosted 7/17/2014 7:36:17 AM
Sweet jesus that's a lot of people losing their jobs at one time. That's even worse than IBM layoff sprees...
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#28TBONE_OGPosted 7/17/2014 8:24:29 AM
Once again, I'm not suprised that most users here don't READ the article.

18, 000 people did not lose their jobs today:

The first step to building the right organization for our ambitions is to realign our workforce. With this in mind, we will begin to reduce the size of our overall workforce by up to 18,000 jobs in the next year. Of that total, our work toward synergies and strategic alignment on Nokia Devices and Services is expected to account for about 12,500 jobs, comprising both professional and factory workers. We are moving now to start reducing the first 13,000 positions, and the vast majority of employees whose jobs will be eliminated will be notified over the next six months. Itís important to note that while we are eliminating roles in some areas, we are adding roles in certain other strategic areas. My promise to you is that we will go through this process in the most thoughtful and transparent way possible. We will offer severance to all employees impacted by these changes, as well as job transition help in many locations, and everyone can expect to be treated with the respect they deserve for their contributions to this company.

So it's true that 18,000 jobs will be lost eventually, but not all at one time in some lump sum. It'll be over a span of a year. And MS will be "adding roles" as well... you know... jobs?

The worst hit group was Nokia.

Glad I could help....
---
Always O.G.
#29TheBonfiniPosted 7/17/2014 8:27:09 AM
Damn now Sony Ponies will reference this anytime a bot mentions their layoffs.
---
Friendly advice taken.
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#30cheezedadadaPosted 7/17/2014 10:36:36 AM
Might as well have all of these topics on the first page. I want to read all 15 of them together.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.