Microsoft fires 18 000 employees.

#31FinzFan4lifePosted 7/18/2014 9:27:40 AM
although a layoff is still being fired there is still a difference between the two, they got laid off meaning the companies do not need those positions and can not hire people to fit the positions they let go, if they fired them they could, also in a good amount of cases if qualified are first runners up in new positions.

This was mostly from the Nokia buyout which was bought for patents, cause Nokia was no threat to anyone
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#32FinzFan4lifePosted 7/18/2014 9:28:22 AM
cheezedadada posted...
Might as well have all of these topics on the first page. I want to read all 15 of them together.

might as well create a sub-board for these
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#33CyborgTwentyPosted 7/19/2014 1:36:30 AM
18000 is nothing.
#34Maverick_ReznorPosted 7/19/2014 2:22:42 AM
brownmyster posted...
Hudson_RL posted...
Didn't they acquire 30K employes through the acquisition of Nokia? So they still have thousands more employees than they originally had. People are jumping to conclusions.

This. I made a topic about this but of course no trolls to be found in that topic. Ms isn't failing. They acquire Nokia for what 7 billion? More than what sony made in profit last year. The xbox isn't doom. Love how when ps4 goes into 1st place cause of hype. All the sudden xbox is doomed and Nintendo is doomed threads start popping up.

they could have made a dollar and it would have been more than what Sony made.
---
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy 6, Wonderful 101, and Titanfall
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
#35sn3akywafflesPosted 7/19/2014 7:47:24 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Damn now Sony Ponies will reference this anytime a bot mentions their layoffs.

they still reference the "investors want to sell xbox" crap even though its been disproven for months
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#36EllesarienPosted 7/19/2014 7:51:24 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Careful friend, negative facts about microsoft are considered trolling 'round these parts.

Careful friend...Posting the same article for the 670th time in two days is considered "discussion" by "people" like this.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#37EllesarienPosted 7/19/2014 7:54:18 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Pretty despicable that some people are using people getting layoffs as anti-Microsoft fanboy fuel.

That's really the nadir of humanity right there.

Say that to the xbox fanatics who claimed the Playstation was doomed because 3 people at naughty dog quit their jobs.

What's it like to live your life by a premise akin to a 7 year old yelling to Mommy that "Johnny hit me first?" Is the utter lameness of it comforting? Do you find the childishness of it makes you more a man?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#38TwinmoldPosted 7/19/2014 8:02:21 AM
It's funny because most of the people laid off will have a great job on their resumes, and if positions are open will have an easier time of getting said positions.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf