News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#11Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/17/2014 10:34:34 PM
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.
#12pnut3844Posted 7/17/2014 10:36:24 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...

No they didn't. They simply gave whiny gamers an option. Just like with the 360. Many options with that system.
#13TheGam3925Posted 7/17/2014 10:36:31 PM

But MS said Kinect was Integral just a few months ago.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#14Miiri0Posted 7/17/2014 10:37:13 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
They basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

*180s dance* in tribute s to xbone.
#15Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/17/2014 10:38:45 PM
pnut3844 posted...

No they didn't. They simply gave whiny gamers an option. Just like with the 360. Many options with that system.

that's fine if you want to believe that.
#16lunaticcorePosted 7/17/2014 10:42:26 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Halo TV series was a horrible idea.

The Halo Tv series is still happening.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#17LapanuiPosted 7/17/2014 10:55:10 PM
TheGam3925 posted...

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#18SoulTrapperPosted 7/17/2014 11:02:41 PM(edited)
pnut3844 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
They basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

The kinect gets such a bad rep. Am I the only one who sees the massive potential this peripheral has if utilized correctly? I seriously hope devs will delve into it soon.

That's the problem with the kinect: "It has potential" is what people have been saying ever since the first one got released.
And yet pretty much all there is, are dancing and waggling games.

"It has potential" has become an excuse for the kinect 2.0 at this point as well.
Because even though it's been out for almost a year and it was a forced buy for 6 months, almost no devs are working on kinect titles.

Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.

Nothing changed there: PS3 online is still free.

Big difference with saying somethig is integral to the console and will never be sold without it and removing it 6 months later.
#19pnut3844Posted 7/17/2014 11:03:18 PM
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

This is all speculation. There is no proof that MS abandoned the kinect. In fact I believe the opposite. If I can see the major potential for this piece of hardware, I'm sure the people that created it can. They need to market it different though. They need to get a couple of big dev companies to really dive into it and show people what it's capable of. Those that say it's useless either don't have the money for the bundle or are just hating on MS. Anyone with halfway decent knowledge of tech can see what it can bring to the table.
#20TheGam3925Posted 7/17/2014 11:04:21 PM(edited)
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Ah, things change, I see. Like how locking away every single feature behind a paywall is fine until MS got curb stomped by the competition
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.