News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#21Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 12:06:30 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.

But MS said Kinect was Integral just a few months ago.

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.

This is all speculation. There is no proof that MS abandoned the kinect. In fact I believe the opposite. If I can see the major potential for this piece of hardware, I'm sure the people that created it can. They need to market it different though. They need to get a couple of big dev companies to really dive into it and show people what it's capable of. Those that say it's useless either don't have the money for the bundle or are just hating on MS. Anyone with halfway decent knowledge of tech can see what it can bring to the table.

that's fine. keep waiting for that awesome kinect game.
#22pnut3844Posted 7/18/2014 12:07:37 AM
Yes but almost a year into the system and how many games are out? A handful in comparison. Devs haven't even maxed the basic system out with games yet, do you really think they are focused on peripherals? Give it time, and (hopefully) we will see the smart devs really utilize it. MS did their job, they gave the devs the tools to work with. It's not their fault if the devs are too stupid to use it.
#23pnut3844Posted 7/18/2014 12:08:39 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.

But MS said Kinect was Integral just a few months ago.

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.

This is all speculation. There is no proof that MS abandoned the kinect. In fact I believe the opposite. If I can see the major potential for this piece of hardware, I'm sure the people that created it can. They need to market it different though. They need to get a couple of big dev companies to really dive into it and show people what it's capable of. Those that say it's useless either don't have the money for the bundle or are just hating on MS. Anyone with halfway decent knowledge of tech can see what it can bring to the table.

that's fine. keep waiting for that awesome kinect game.

Always that one negative hater...and I assume you have something much better and much more ground breaking in the works? No?
#24Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 12:12:53 AM
yea, just like those awesome games that came out for the kinect 1.0 right? devs had time with that. and now since it's not 100% attach rate devs are going to waste time and money on the kinect 2.0 so that you can be happy.
#25pnut3844Posted 7/18/2014 12:16:34 AM
yea, just like those awesome games that came out for the kinect 1.0 right? devs had time with that. and now since it's not 100% attach rate devs are going to waste time and money on the kinect 2.0 so that you can be happy.

You're leaving out one major detail, kinect 1.0 sucked. 2.0 is an amazing leap forward. Just because something isn't attached to them all doesn't mean anything. Case in point: original 360s with a 20gb HD. Did that stop devs from requiring a second disc downloaded with an average 6-8gb? Nope. And since external hd is supported, but not required as you put it, they can do it.
#26Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 12:34:26 AM
you're reaching there comparing storage capacity to a tech.
#27RagnarokxvPosted 7/18/2014 12:41:54 AM
Face it, the XBONE has failed. At least the entire strategy Microsoft had for the system has failed, from its inception, its design, its features, its marketing, their entire vision. The console you have in your possession is no longer a XBONE. Perhaps with these decisions it now has a better chance at success, at least that is their dying wish. If the console manages to succeed, then good for them, good for their customers. Understand though that the console is a XBONE in name only.

I believe Microsoft jumped the gun by ditching Kinect. They should have given it more time. How are the consumers supposed to have any faith in this product and Microsoft when they have proven time and time again that their vision was completely flawed from the very beginning?

The difference between Nintendo and Microsoft in this situation is that Nintendo stuck to their plan, even in the face of total failure. Now Nintendo is gaining ground rapidly and Microsoft's Xbox brand is fading.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#28LapanuiPosted 7/18/2014 12:42:12 AM
Wasn't backwards compatibility also an integral part of the PS3 for over a year? Why did they get rid of it? They are now charging people for games they most likely already own.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#29TheGam3925Posted 7/18/2014 1:05:20 AM(edited)
Lapanui posted
Wasn't backwards compatibility also an integral part of the PS3 for over a year? Why did they get rid of it? They are now charging people for games they most likely already own.

First, who said it was Integral? Second, less than one percent of the entire north American PS2 library is available digitally on the PlayStation store, so most people can't re-buy all of their PS2 games digitally even if they wanted to.

But nice try though lol.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#30SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 1:05:38 AM
Lapanui posted...

Backwards compatibility is not an added on peripheral "integral to the system".
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but you're failing pretty badly regardless.