News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#31pnut3844Posted 7/18/2014 1:08:22 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Face it, the XBONE has failed. At least the entire strategy Microsoft had for the system has failed, from its inception, its design, its features, its marketing, their entire vision. The console you have in your possession is no longer a XBONE. Perhaps with these decisions it now has a better chance at success, at least that is their dying wish. If the console manages to succeed, then good for them, good for their customers. Understand though that the console is a XBONE in name only.

I believe Microsoft jumped the gun by ditching Kinect. They should have given it more time. How are the consumers supposed to have any faith in this product and Microsoft when they have proven time and time again that their vision was completely flawed from the very beginning?

The difference between Nintendo and Microsoft in this situation is that Nintendo stuck to their plan, even in the face of total failure. Now Nintendo is gaining ground rapidly and Microsoft's Xbox brand is fading.

It failed? That's your opinion. Xbone is still under a year old its much too early to make that determination. Just bc they released a kinectless version everyone is saying "oh they are throwing in the towel, they messed up etc etc." They are giving OPTIONS, like a good company should. People complained and they give them what they want and now they still complain. From what I see xbone is doing just fine. The fact is, you stating it "failed" is just a butthurt fanboy rant tbh.
#32Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 1:21:11 AM(edited)
pnut3844 posted...
Yes but almost a year into the system and how many games are out? A handful in comparison. Devs haven't even maxed the basic system out with games yet, do you really think they are focused on peripherals? Give it time, and (hopefully) we will see the smart devs really utilize it. MS did their job, they gave the devs the tools to work with. It's not their fault if the devs are too stupid to use it.

it is not up to a 3rd party developer to initially show what it can do. MS had time. they knew it was going to be a 100% attach rate (at that time). they knew that they kinect was 'integral' for the system. Look what they put out: fighters within and sports. if you a first party is not going to show what can be done then why the hell should a 3rd party pick up the slack. look at when the wii was released. nintendo went in hard with their wii remote and it worked. it wasnt 3rd party, it was nintendo and 3rd party followed cause they had a high attach rate. and now since MS is basically dropping it by having a Kinect-less version (because basically they dont know what to do with it. no games from MS is showing what it can do. no games on the horizon from them. 2014 e3 didnt show squat. remember they had time when they were developing the x1. they knew it was going to be 'integral' to the system and have a 100% attach rate when it came out) you think 3rd party are going to pick up their slack and really use it (wasting resource and time) when the competition has a higher attach rate and the 1st party not even doing anything with it?
#33IzanamlPosted 7/18/2014 1:16:21 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
yea, just like those awesome games that came out for the kinect 1.0 right? devs had time with that. and now since it's not 100% attach rate devs are going to waste time and money on the kinect 2.0 so that you can be happy.

You're leaving out one major detail, kinect 1.0 sucked. 2.0 is an amazing leap forward.

Indeed. And the moon is made of cheese.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer..." - Arcana IV The Emperor
#34SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 1:17:51 AM(edited)
pnut3844 posted...
Ragnarokxv posted...
Face it, the XBONE has failed. At least the entire strategy Microsoft had for the system has failed, from its inception, its design, its features, its marketing, their entire vision. The console you have in your possession is no longer a XBONE. Perhaps with these decisions it now has a better chance at success, at least that is their dying wish. If the console manages to succeed, then good for them, good for their customers. Understand though that the console is a XBONE in name only.

I believe Microsoft jumped the gun by ditching Kinect. They should have given it more time. How are the consumers supposed to have any faith in this product and Microsoft when they have proven time and time again that their vision was completely flawed from the very beginning?

The difference between Nintendo and Microsoft in this situation is that Nintendo stuck to their plan, even in the face of total failure. Now Nintendo is gaining ground rapidly and Microsoft's Xbox brand is fading.

It failed? That's your opinion. Xbone is still under a year old its much too early to make that determination. Just bc they released a kinectless version everyone is saying "oh they are throwing in the towel, they messed up etc etc." They are giving OPTIONS, like a good company should. People complained and they give them what they want and now they still complain. From what I see xbone is doing just fine. The fact is, you stating it "failed" is just a butthurt fanboy rant tbh.

It's doing worse sales wise than it's predecessor, the 360 did.
It's doing worse sales wise than it's closest competitor, the PS4 is doing.
They removed kinect, something they said was an "integral part of the system" and which was supposed to be a major source of income for them through NuAds.
They're closing down the Xbox Entertainment studio.

All of these things indicate that it's not doing "just fine".

What makes you think they are doing "just fine"?
#35slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 1:32:09 AM
and why do any of those points that you just listed mean that they aren't? (aside from the first one. which you don't actually know due to no sales figures having been released)
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#36SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 1:37:26 AM
slowdog76 posted...
and why do any of those points that you just listed mean that they aren't? (aside from the first one. which you don't actually know due to no sales figures having been released)

The first one is a simple fact, even going by number shipped, it's doing worse.

I'm sure in some bizzaro universe removing one of the main sources of income and a part which they said was integral to the console or closing down what was supposed to become one of the pillars of the console (remember, it's all about TVTVTV!) is a good sign.

But in reality, it's not.

Again, what signs are there that it's doing "just fine"?

Because these certainly don't indicate that it is.

They removed kinect, something they said was an "integral part of the system" and which was supposed to be a major source of income for them through NuAds.
#37Pixx0Posted 7/18/2014 1:45:07 AM
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.

But MS said Kinect was Integral just a few months ago.

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.

You mean more people got lobotomized. I'm for one glad I managed to escape then. On which planet do you need to pay for playing online?
Oh wait...I forgot...consoles ...
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#38Sevi_neyPosted 7/18/2014 1:48:58 AM
Television Sports Watercooler is Supertoy #1
---
Be careful when you fight monsters, lest you become one.
http://i.imgur.com/dew7OVr.jpg
#39slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 1:59:29 AM(edited)

sigh.....

right ok then

1) you still have no proof. you are completely speculating. 360 sales at the end of the 1st year sat at just over 5 million. show me that the xb1 has sold less than that. if we're going off numbers shipped, then 5 million was reported as shipped back in april. but still, you have no sales data and you are still just speculating.

2) since when does selling less than a competitor = struggling?

3) potential customers say that want a kinectless xbox. they make it happen. what they said in the past is irrelevent. potential customers asked for a purchase option. they provided it. sales have increased as a result.

4) how does the eventual closing of a studio designed to create and acquire tv content for purchase and broadcast on a range of products solely effect a gaming division?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#40NeoMonkPosted 7/18/2014 1:57:18 AM
I guess we're going back to nonstop bad news for xbox one after another...
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums