News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#41dnmtPosted 7/18/2014 12:59:01 AM
NeoMonk posted...
I guess we're going back to nonstop bad news for xbox one after another...

Pretty sure the bad news never stopped. Just a trainwreck all around ever since that May 2013 reveal.
#42Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 1:00:31 AM
next stop sunset overdrive! repeat same scenario as today.
#43FalxXDPosted 7/18/2014 1:27:04 AM
BWAHAHA!!!
---
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.
#44LapanuiPosted 7/18/2014 1:32:05 AM
I'm not just talking about the PS2 library, the PS1 library as well. It was integral to the system, it made the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games work. They got rid of it completely and started putting games on the PSN store.

By your logic, the Kinect isn't actually an integral part of the X1 because I can still use my X1 without it. The proved it wasn't integral because they made in optional.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#45pnut3844Posted 7/18/2014 1:57:53 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Lapanui posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.

But MS said Kinect was Integral just a few months ago.

Things change, just like how people thought paying for online was dumb and a rip off, but now it's fine if it's on the PS4.

You mean more people got lobotomized. I'm for one glad I managed to escape then. On which planet do you need to pay for playing online?
Oh wait...I forgot...consoles ...

Yes bc games like WoW and Aion don't charge a monthly fee. It's nothing new, it started on pc
#46ReloadPsiPosted 7/18/2014 2:57:15 AM
pnut3844 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
They basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

The kinect gets such a bad rep. Am I the only one who sees the massive potential this peripheral has if utilized correctly? I seriously hope devs will delve into it soon.

Darling, most people get bored of motion controls after five minutes. We want to sit on our asses and play video games. If we want exercise there's this thing everyone's been doing for years called putting on some appropriate shoes and going for a run, and that's infinitely cheaper than a Kinect. If it ain't broke, don't break it and force it on people, you know?
---
Kids, there's nothing wrong with admitting something you like isn't good. It's called manning up and being able to admit you don't always have the best taste.
#47SyserinPosted 7/18/2014 4:14:50 AM
pnut3844 posted...

No they didn't. They simply gave whiny gamers an option. Just like with the 360. Many options with that system.

Lol seriously? Sorry to drag you out of your own world but them giving "whiny gamers" an option is essentially them abandoning it. Them releasing a Kinectless bundle all but destroyed hopes of developers making anything for it as developers are going to cater to where a majority is for more money. Sorry but the second they announced a Kinectless bundle, they threw it under the bus.

And just like with the 360 the Kinect is probably going to have practically no games that require it outside a majority of Indies.
#48Darkshadow6400Posted 7/18/2014 4:25:42 AM
Syserin posted...
pnut3844 posted...

No they didn't. They simply gave whiny gamers an option. Just like with the 360. Many options with that system.

Lol seriously? Sorry to drag you out of your own world but them giving "whiny gamers" an option is essentially them abandoning it. Them releasing a Kinectless bundle all but destroyed hopes of developers making anything for it as developers are going to cater to where a majority is for more money. Sorry but the second they announced a Kinectless bundle, they threw it under the bus.

And just like with the 360 the Kinect is probably going to have practically no games that require it outside a majority of Indies.

Since they only just released the kinectless bundle, pretty sure the majority is those with kinect
---
There are things worth fighting for. And then there is optional DLC in a video game...
#49Payne318Posted 7/18/2014 4:46:41 AM(edited)
Honestly, I think them closing the media division (or whatever it is) is a good idea. It will have them focus more on the game division, which is what we bought it for. I honestly could not care either way, all 3 major companies are struggling in some way (sony overall as a company is not doing so well, except in the VG and tv department), nintendo speaks for itself and now this with the merger with Nokia and MS. I was fortunate enough to buy the XB-One for $350 with Kinect through my BF co-worker (who was moving to Africa or something) and I am more than satisfied with my purchase. All in all they are getting rid of potential dead weight, an that is good thing.
---
"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos"-Stephen Sondheim
#50SohogojoPosted 7/18/2014 4:49:39 AM(edited)
Don't all console makers go through this stage? Not trying to start anything or comment on how bad/good the XBOne is or may/may not be doing. But every time a console company takes the step of "telling" gamers what they want there is backlash.

Sega did it and eventually dropped out of hardware. Nintendo has done it and been hurt, then recovered. Sony did it in trying to make the PS3 an "all-in-one" entertainment center originally with a high price, and only just pulled ahead in global sales.

Now Microsoft has done it, with a combination of unpopular moves and plans. At this point it just seems like something every company has to go through at least once, whether or not it can be reversed or they learned from it is yet to be seen.

(I realize the factors are more complex/numerous in each case, but I am just trying to be fair).
---
"The greater the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - Captain James Tiberius Kirk