News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#61theestriker23Posted 7/20/2014 12:41:34 PM
Sigh...
Who cares? I still have a backlog of like 173 games between my ps3 and Xbox 360.
I still got plenty of play time till the new gen becomes relevant to me.
#62Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/20/2014 12:53:31 PM
theestriker23 posted...
Sigh...
Who cares? I still have a backlog of like 173 games between my ps3 and Xbox 360.
I still got plenty of play time till the new gen becomes relevant to me.

why post then?
#63embrandedonePosted 7/20/2014 6:22:31 PM
The great experiment has failed.
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#64quincy2000aPosted 7/20/2014 8:14:16 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2014/07/20/microsoft-layoffs-also-impact-thousands-of-contractors/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#65Miiri0Posted 7/21/2014 1:43:19 AM
I think investors will soon push microsoft to sell xbox. It seem that they will never recover the investment they made on xbox.
#66ExtremelyFatGuyPosted 7/21/2014 4:51:44 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
They basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

Sigh. Why are gamers SO narrow minded? Anything new is just torn apart. What is the point of a new console if is only has better graphics? That's so pointless. At this point, we will never succeed in moving gaming past being for "young males". Which is so disappointing. Kinect had so much potential and not just for "waving your arms around." It is intended as an enhancement to the experience. Not the only experience.
#67TheGam3925Posted 7/23/2014 10:32:54 PM
I was shocked when I heard the news. I still can't believe it.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#68Laylow12Posted 7/24/2014 3:32:06 AM
Well it's clear they're winding down operations to prepare for....something. Could be selling the brand. Could be dedicating resources to Next -Next gen. Either way it's clear that they're pulling back resources and dedicating the company to successful divisions.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#69method115Posted 7/24/2014 5:13:26 AM
pnut3844 posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
They basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

The kinect gets such a bad rep. Am I the only one who sees the massive potential this peripheral has if utilized correctly? I seriously hope devs will delve into it soon.

Everybody sees the potential. The problem is that's all we've ever seen with the kinect is the potential we've never actually seen that potential come to fruition.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#70method115Posted 7/24/2014 5:14:38 AM
ExtremelyFatGuy posted...
HiddenRoar posted...

Sigh. Why are gamers SO narrow minded? Anything new is just torn apart. What is the point of a new console if is only has better graphics? That's so pointless. At this point, we will never succeed in moving gaming past being for "young males". Which is so disappointing. Kinect had so much potential and not just for "waving your arms around." It is intended as an enhancement to the experience. Not the only experience.

Why hasn't it suddenly become "hip" to not care about graphics anymore? I'll I really care about is my games looking as real as possible if the gameplay stays the same I'm ok with that.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115