News: '' Microsoft to Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios "

#71BigBOO2UPosted 7/24/2014 7:01:56 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Well it's clear they're winding down operations to prepare for....something. Could be selling the brand. Could be dedicating resources to Next -Next gen. Either way it's clear that they're pulling back resources and dedicating the company to successful divisions. .

I pretty much agree.

It's not "doom and gloom, chicken little" stuff when the writing on the wall is so obvious. When it comes to video games, I feel certain Microsoft is going to go the way of Sega. Games yes, consoles no. And they are not shy about showing their hand either.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#72DojoMaxPosted 7/24/2014 7:27:59 PM
So many clowns in this one topic.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#73BigBOO2UPosted 7/25/2014 2:45:45 PM
DojoMax posted...

Would this be the same clowns who predicted that come Summer 2014 the PS4 would be outselling the Xbox One 2 to 1? That Titanfall would fail and not turn out to be a system seller? That Microsoft would "unpack" the Kinect from the console and offer a model at the same price point as Sony's console by the start of E3?

Those clowns? Who know how to read the tea leaves of industry and business? Funny ha-ha, no?
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#74MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/25/2014 3:09:11 PM
OMG!

Microsoft is a trillion dollar industry! They have enough money to kill Sony, TC. Go troll somewhere else!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#75crucialPosted 7/25/2014 3:49:10 PM
I predict Sony will go bankrupt,I think even though the PS4 is doing great the other things like Vita,TV stuff,VR,PS Now will end up losing them so much money that the profits from PS4 won't matter,and end up with just the Playstation division,I also am hearing there movie studio is about to go under,they all ready cancelled Spidey 3 and 4 and many other movies,they are losing much more money then they can make,it's a never ending cycle of losing money that they can not afford to lose which they are,it's going to take 3 PS4's to save them.
#76Laylow12Posted 7/25/2014 4:08:09 PM
BigBOO2U posted...
DojoMax posted...

Would this be the same clowns who predicted that come Summer 2014 the PS4 would be outselling the Xbox One 2 to 1? That Titanfall would fail and not turn out to be a system seller? That Microsoft would "unpack" the Kinect from the console and offer a model at the same price point as Sony's console by the start of E3?

Those clowns? Who know how to read the tea leaves of industry and business? Funny ha-ha, no?

Yeah those "clowns" sure know their stuff and the defenders have been wrong Every Single Time.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#77squon8888Posted 7/25/2014 6:44:21 PM
Buying an XB1 right now is a huge risk. The xb1 is a huge liability with a questionable future
#78game freakozoidPosted 7/25/2014 10:54:32 PM
Lapanui posted...
I'm not just talking about the PS2 library, the PS1 library as well. It was integral to the system, it made the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games work. They got rid of it completely and started putting games on the PSN store.

By your logic, the Kinect isn't actually an integral part of the X1 because I can still use my X1 without it. The proved it wasn't integral because they made in optional.

What PS3's can't play PS1 games? And I'd argue your last sentence is basically proving his point.
#79game freakozoidPosted 7/25/2014 11:00:08 PM
Darkshadow6400 posted...
Syserin posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
MS abandoned the kinect. the sooner you realize that the better.

No they didn't. They simply gave whiny gamers an option. Just like with the 360. Many options with that system.

Lol seriously? Sorry to drag you out of your own world but them giving "whiny gamers" an option is essentially them abandoning it. Them releasing a Kinectless bundle all but destroyed hopes of developers making anything for it as developers are going to cater to where a majority is for more money. Sorry but the second they announced a Kinectless bundle, they threw it under the bus.

And just like with the 360 the Kinect is probably going to have practically no games that require it outside a majority of Indies.

Since they only just released the kinectless bundle, pretty sure the majority is those with kinect

While the majority at this point have a kinect, it is still a fraction of the people that own the console and thus have a regular button controller. That means if you develop a game that requires Kinect, there is going to be a group of people that can't buy it compared to if you use the button layout where you can then reach a theoretical 100% of the people that own said console. This coupled with the fact that PS4 is doing a lot better than One and PS4 almost exclusively uses a button controller and you see that it's just not worth it to develop motion control games. As of current sales, the percent of people that own a next gen console that is capable of motion control is less than 50% and that number will only shrink as that years go on. The fraction of people that own a button controller will stay at 100% or very extremely near it. Which would you say is the most financially smart one to develop for?
#80game freakozoidPosted 7/25/2014 11:01:56 PM
I also am hearing there movie studio is about to go under,they all ready cancelled Spidey 3 and 4 and many other movies,

Umm...no they didn't. They pushed it back a bit to make room for such things as their Sinister Six spin off and also the Uncharted movie but the spiderman movies haven't been cancelled.