Microsoft to Lay Off 18,000 Employees

#11TBONE_OGPosted 7/17/2014 4:42:48 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
skermac posted...
gamecube101 posted...
The layoffs came from the recent acquisition of Nokia (overlapping jobs) and the shut down of their television shows studio. They currently still have more people employed now then they did 3 weeks ago, even with these layoffs.

Ah, so it's not slow X1 sales, that's good to know.

If you were to even read the article YOU linked you would know that. Jesus H. Christ.

This. Shame on you skermac. I think you might return to my ignore list. I knew cleaning that thing up was a bad idea...
---
Always O.G.
#12L4YER_CAKEPosted 7/17/2014 4:57:15 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Yep...and you thought they were pathetic right? And now....you are them. Grats.

I beg of you to explain to me whatever backwards ass logic got you to the conclusion that "I am them." Not once have I made a topic this month or any month about sales figures, or any "bad news." Doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore it when this board takes umbrage at something they've recently done and sometimes still do.

So please Elli, back up your incredibly condescending and misguided comment.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#13SomnusNemorisPosted 7/17/2014 5:03:18 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Yep...and you thought they were pathetic right? And now....you are them. Grats.

Says the guy who trolled and defending "sales trolls" on the PS3 board all last gen. The same guy who would be the first in the NPD threads, who would laugh along with TBC, Schphinkter, RAZurrected and all the usual trolls, and never once condemned them like he likes to do to the PS4 fans, as if his past pathetic behaviour has been forgotten.
---
PSN/GT/Steam/GoG - AstuteClass
http://i.imgur.com/n86BZOR.png
#14skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 5:17:27 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
skermac posted...
gamecube101 posted...
The layoffs came from the recent acquisition of Nokia (overlapping jobs) and the shut down of their television shows studio. They currently still have more people employed now then they did 3 weeks ago, even with these layoffs.

Ah, so it's not slow X1 sales, that's good to know.

If you were to even read the article YOU linked you would know that. Jesus H. Christ.

I didn't have time to read the whole article and didn't see other topics about it. My bad, sorry guys!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#15L4YER_CAKEPosted 7/17/2014 6:07:54 PM
Given the amount of time you waste on this site, I'm gonna say yeah, you did have time to read the article. You were just SO excited to post on the layoffs at MS you couldn't be bothered to get the facts.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#16The_Man_On_FirePosted 7/17/2014 6:10:05 PM
good

now if only Sony can get their shills off this board
#17renskyfirePosted 7/17/2014 6:12:17 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Thank god, the 37th topic about this today. I was worried there wasn't gonna be another.

Right? This is getting idiotic. The xbox camp is just too classy for these type of shenanigans. I remember back when Sony had some layoffs and sold some buildings there was only one topic, and everyone thanked the TC for sharing such pertinent news, then we all had a tea party and spoke of days past.

Nobody spammed that supposed bad news multiple times and tried to bring a sense of doom and gloom to the ps4 board. We all just lamented those who are no longer employed and had a prayer circle for their families.

When XBox fanboys do it, it should be condemned, when Sony fanboys do it, they point to XBox fanboys doing something in the past which makes it okay. Sony fanboy logic, been active since the trolls infested the board since 2013.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#18Br1ck_Reb0rnPosted 7/18/2014 11:45:21 AM
^^^^ "...Sony fanboy logic..."

Yeah man, because what passes for logic in these parts is oh so much better. Christs sake its fine to have an allegiance you know, if you're stupid. But pointing out the fallacy in Pony logic on this board is like pulling the pin out of a grenade and throwing the pin at the Sony camp.
---
Xbox One - The next generation starts this november.