Microsoft To Shut Down Xbox Entertainment Studios?

#21emptytunacan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 8:06:58 PM
CKnight posted...

I don't know. Seems stupid to get an overpriced Smart tv or a cheap box instead of an X1.

For about half the price of a Smart tv and a bit more than a Roku you can get a, Xbox One with all the entertainment features and a gaming console.

What I was trying to say is that if you are paying the extra to get a game console it is because you want games. If you just want streaming TV there are cheaper alternatives. So M$ dumping money into their own channels is just a waste. Who even cares about that? Apparently M$ realizes this now as well; hence closing that division.
---
PS Vita reviews of whatever I've played recently http://www.mojoe.mobi/game_reviews
#22fan360Posted 7/17/2014 8:07:12 PM
I hate to admit.
Microsoft is cutting loss right now.

Xbox One is the last console from Microsoft.
#23Megamushroom666Posted 7/17/2014 10:26:54 PM
Careful, game studios might be getting the axe next.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#24Miiri0Posted 7/17/2014 10:33:51 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
emptytunacan posted...
Did they even make games? Or is this just that B.S. Netflix competitor that M$ thought they were going to create?

The latter. Which is a shame because they basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

Well to be fair 180s is always the first thing u need to expect from Microsoft regarding xbone. It feel so normal now.
#25KaijinSurohmPosted 7/18/2014 7:06:10 AM(edited)
Sadly for half the people here, who jumped at my comment, I was not aware that the "Xbox Entertainment Studios" was just the TV division of the Xbox. It was an honest mistake that I made. The GI article made is seem like the entire of Xbox was getting canned.

So really, those saying "F2PS4" and freaking out, grow up. Guys like:
Goregasm17 posted...

Guys, just let the F2PS4 trolls spread their false rumor to keep internet lurkers ignorant and buy their poor mans console.

With comments like that, its no wonder our console development, and distaste for gaming is in such a sad state. One day, people like Goregasm17, will learn the difference between misinformed, and a troll.

Keep that neckbeard strong.
---
http://s27.postimg.org/kj94tqjtf/1483220_718769974810683_97803309_n.jpg
The 10 commandments of Logic
#26rEaPeR_2k4Posted 7/20/2014 12:13:09 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
emptytunacan posted...
Did they even make games? Or is this just that B.S. Netflix competitor that M$ thought they were going to create?

The latter. Which is a shame because they basically 180' from an all-in-one console back to an upgraded 360. Especially now since the increase in sales thanks to kinectless models highlight how unnecessary the kinect is in regards to gaming.

So you just copy and paste this in every thread. Not only are you a bad troll. You are a lazibad troll
---
"Stealing cable is a victimless crime...Like punching someone in the dark." GT:bEg 4 m3Rcy
www.twitch.tv/beg_4_m3rcy
#27embrandedonePosted 7/22/2014 8:55:07 AM
Rareware is next. Write it down.
---
PS4 - #thethirstisreal
#28GuyFawkes5Posted 7/22/2014 9:03:45 AM
pnut3844 posted...
I've never even heard of the division but from the way they describe what it is, most gamers including myself could care less.

It's actually "couldn't care less".
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#29ExempliGratiaPosted 7/22/2014 9:04:44 AM
embrandedone posted...
Rareware is next. Write it down.

It.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#30quincy2000aPosted 7/22/2014 12:28:49 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/howardhomonoff/2014/07/22/microsoft-shutters-xbox-entertainment-studios-and-shows-why-content-is-so-hard/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."