Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales.

#1SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 7/17/2014 6:16:32 PM
It is one thing to have debates on which console is better at this or that, it is another to completely slander a company because of arrogance and ignorance. The Sony fanboys are actually affecting the competitions sales by word of mouth alone.

Most casual gamers get their info about which console to choose thru friends, internet articles and reviews. Just a simple search of XBOX One will contain numerous negative articles, reviews and forum posts, most of which are pure fanboy garbage.

I challenge anyone here to go to a major retail store and ask the clerk in the games section which console you should get. If they outright say one or the other without asking you questions about your gaming habits, past consoles, multiplayer preferences or anything that should be considered when deciding on a purchase, you just spoke to a fanboy. And that same person has pushed sales at his or her store one way or the other on pure bias.

When I worked in the game section of a Toy's "R" Us the year XBOX and Gamecube came out, I had my preferences of course, but when someone asked me which console "they" should get I asked them some questions to help narrow the decision down in the most unbiased way I could. I was really excited for the XBOX when it first came out, but that didn't stop me from selling tons of PS2's and Gamecubes.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#2Laylow12Posted 7/17/2014 6:18:26 PM
Or Microsoft did this too themselves and deserve it.....?!?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3aj4x94Posted 7/17/2014 6:22:44 PM
Bow down before the one you serve. You're gonna get what you deserve.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Dark Souls 2, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#4SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 6:35:42 PM
Laylow12 posted...

I can agree that MS shot themselves in the foot at the start, but it's hard to see how the 180's they did to rectify poor decisions can be seen as bad, which a lot of people seem to think. If they had kept the DRM and always online it would have been hard for me to stay with the XBOX brand, but they "fixed" all of this and showed their customers that they still want their support/money. Yes, I said money, because all companies work for the same goal.

They have continued to show their customers that they want their continued support by updating and adding a lot of features that customer have suggested on a monthly basis.

And before someone says it, I'm not here to talk bad about the competition, I may not own a PS4, but if someone asked me which console they should get, I would go thru the same routine as I always have, which is give the pro's and con's of all available options and also ask that person about their specific game preferences. Just today I had a friend ask me which he should get and one big thing that made me say PS4 was the fact that he is a big MLB fan, and MLB The Show is hands down the best baseball game available, not to mention the only one worth mentioning at the moment. He has also been a Sony guy for the most part, which made my suggestion that much easier.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#5aheroafakePosted 7/17/2014 7:23:20 PM
I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't at first until I actually read your original post, TC. But when I actually thought about it, it made perfect sense. Yes, Microsoft brought this upon themselves and they deserved the criticism and bashing. But Microsoft has done a decent job of trying to turn this whole thing around and it sucks that people are still holding this against them. Microsoft deserved all of this hate but not anymore. People need to give them a chance.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#695_EclipsePosted 7/17/2014 7:26:34 PM
I agree. If there wasn't fanboys the XBO would have dramatically less sales. Since there isn't really any legit reason to buy an XBO over a PS4 right now.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#7Tajaz2426Posted 7/17/2014 7:31:28 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
Laylow12 posted...

I can agree that MS shot themselves in the foot at the start, but it's hard to see how the 180's they did to rectify poor decisions can be seen as bad, which a lot of people seem to think. If they had kept the DRM and always online it would have been hard for me to stay with the XBOX brand, but they "fixed" all of this and showed their customers that they still want their support/money. Yes, I said money, because all companies work for the same goal.

They have continued to show their customers that they want their continued support by updating and adding a lot of features that customer have suggested on a monthly basis.

And before someone says it, I'm not here to talk bad about the competition, I may not own a PS4, but if someone asked me which console they should get, I would go thru the same routine as I always have, which is give the pro's and con's of all available options and also ask that person about their specific game preferences. Just today I had a friend ask me which he should get and one big thing that made me say PS4 was the fact that he is a big MLB fan, and MLB The Show is hands down the best baseball game available, not to mention the only one worth mentioning at the moment. He has also been a Sony guy for the most part, which made my suggestion that much easier.

It could just simply be the X1 is nothing of what was revealed not too long ago. Over time consoles change, but it isn't even the same thing is was at release 8 months ago.

People may have a hard time deciding on it until it has a concrete identity. It was released as being gaming and giving a little
Power for the media aspects, kinect aspects, it has just happened that they are completely revamping the X1.

They know have no Kinect SKU, no XBOX programming or original content. These things matter when some people are purchasing. Now that the X1 is only for video games per say, they see a console that is weaker and cost the same as its competition.

The sales will get a good install base and grow once it has a better more firm identity. I will be getting one myself when Halo 5 hits and my son loves his.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#8Kabuto_YPosted 7/17/2014 7:42:58 PM
The problem is that first of all, they didn't do the 180s because they realized it was a bad idea. They did the 180s because they realized they couldn't get away with it. And it's not just DRM. It's the DRM, followed by always on connect, followed by graphical parity (the cloud will save us), followed by dropping kinect altogether. Each one of these examples reeks of a situation where Microsoft thought consumers were stupid, then realized that we aren't dumb enough to buy their crap.

Hell, Sony's come out now and said that they made no changes to their actual plans for the console, but made huge changes to their E3 presentation specifically because of how Microsoft was. And they're still riding on that success. Microsoft claims it offers "value", but when their "value" doesn't sell, they have to continuously cut back on the only things that made them unique (for better or worse). Sony presented us with real value, and is still riding that wave all the way to the bank.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#9Bryant187Posted 7/17/2014 7:52:15 PM
aheroafake posted...
I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't at first until I actually read your original post, TC. But when I actually thought about it, it made perfect sense. Yes, Microsoft brought this upon themselves and they deserved the criticism and bashing. But Microsoft has done a decent job of trying to turn this whole thing around and it sucks that people are still holding this against them. Microsoft deserved all of this hate but not anymore. People need to give them a chance.

Exactly, I forgave Sony after the PS3 release and the Dreaded Network Hacking Month(or 2). I also forgave MS for their E3 2013 stunt. I guess some people just hold grudges to long.
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#10EnclavePosted 7/17/2014 7:55:24 PM
aheroafake posted...

Why do people have to give them a chance though when they have the option to buy the competitions console, the same competition that didn't need to do a bunch of 180s.

I know the reason I bought a launch PS4 was largely due to what Microsoft tried to do. Them having done all those 180s simply means I'll eventually buy the console, definitely not my first choice and it really was all Microsofts fault.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.