Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales.

#11Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/17/2014 7:55:48 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...

but when someone asked me which console "they" should get I asked them some questions to help narrow the decision down in the most unbiased way I could.

And maybe that's why the ps4 is selling more?

95% of the same games-check
better looking game-check
same price-check

if a person comes up and ask you which system has better games you'd answer they have roughly the same game. then if they ask you which has better graphics, you'd be lying to them if you said the x1. face it, unless you're into gears/halo/forza the ps4 is the better deal (they wouldnt be asking that anyways if they were a fan of those series).
#12ShELbY_GT500Posted 7/17/2014 7:59:53 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
I agree. If there wasn't fanboys the XBO would have dramatically less sales. Since there isn't really any legit reason to buy an XBO over a PS4 right now.

I'd offer you a flame shield and eat pop corn from the side lines but f*** it, I'll stand by your side...
#13Tajaz2426Posted 7/17/2014 8:03:16 PM(edited)
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
I agree. If there wasn't fanboys the XBO would have dramatically less sales. Since there isn't really any legit reason to buy an XBO over a PS4 right now.

I'd offer you a flame shield and eat pop corn from the side lines but f*** it, I'll stand by your side...

I see a need for litter patrol here, gonna get mighty dangerous. Someone has to volunteer for litter duty, might as well be this guy.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#14SubSeenixPosted 7/17/2014 8:07:06 PM
50% less power in hardware
50% less quality in games
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

All at the same price as the PS4

This is what effects sales
PS4 is the superior product
#15Garage_ManPosted 7/17/2014 8:30:01 PM
Bryant187 posted...
aheroafake posted...
I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't at first until I actually read your original post, TC. But when I actually thought about it, it made perfect sense. Yes, Microsoft brought this upon themselves and they deserved the criticism and bashing. But Microsoft has done a decent job of trying to turn this whole thing around and it sucks that people are still holding this against them. Microsoft deserved all of this hate but not anymore. People need to give them a chance.

Exactly, I forgave Sony after the PS3 release and the Dreaded Network Hacking Month(or 2). I also forgave MS for their E3 2013 stunt. I guess some people just hold grudges to long.

The hacking thing literally makes no sense. Would you rather they keep it open and allow more things to be stolen?

Tell me, what would YOU do as the owner in the same situation?
#16SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 3:59:53 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...

but when someone asked me which console "they" should get I asked them some questions to help narrow the decision down in the most unbiased way I could.

And maybe that's why the ps4 is selling more?

95% of the same games-check
better looking game-check
same price-check

if a person comes up and ask you which system has better games you'd answer they have roughly the same game. then if they ask you which has better graphics, you'd be lying to them if you said the x1. face it, unless you're into gears/halo/forza the ps4 is the better deal (they wouldnt be asking that anyways if they were a fan of those series).

I agree with you on all of your points, but I find it funny you left out online performance considering XBOX does have a pretty good edge there. Another pro for the One would be the constant updates and additions. To prove I'm no fanboy I'd add that PS4 has a much better deal with their PS+ than games with gold has.

Besides what we know, and by we I mean hardcore gamers, my topic mainly focuses on the casual crowd which makes up the majority of sales in the end.

The casuals are the guys at work that only buy a few games a year, and ask YOU the hardcore "game guy" what you think is better and worse. If your opinion is skewed for reasons that wouldn't normally be of interest to the casual guy, he might end up picking up a different console than if he would have spoke to someone less biased and more open minded.

If you hadn't given every casual friend the update on what went down at E3 2013, or yahoo.news or Fox News didn't spread the "dread" about DRM and always on, those casuals would only know what was going on NOW with the One, which is completely different than what was announced E3 2013.

Of course a lot of the issues come down to MS making some terrible decisions in the beginning. But as I've said, they want our money the same as Sony, so they had to fix things to stay in the game.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#17dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/18/2014 4:02:35 PM
TC does speak the truth. An employee at my local Gamestop says she's talked a ton of people into buying a Playstation 4 when they came in to buy an Xbox One.
---
BOlieve! http://i.imgur.com/ABd2uA1.gif
"You may not like him, Minister. But you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style."
#18SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:05:55 PM
SubSeenix posted...
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#19dnmtPosted 7/18/2014 4:12:52 PM
SubSeenix posted...

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.

If MS didn't enter the console market online multiplayer would still be free. I'd drop PS+ with all it offers in exchange for that.
#20Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 4:14:31 PM
SubSeenix posted...

and live being better than psn is purely opinion. that's why i didnt include it in my post. specs is not an opinion.