Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales.

#21SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:15:06 PM
Enclave posted...
aheroafake posted...
I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't at first until I actually read your original post, TC. But when I actually thought about it, it made perfect sense. Yes, Microsoft brought this upon themselves and they deserved the criticism and bashing. But Microsoft has done a decent job of trying to turn this whole thing around and it sucks that people are still holding this against them. Microsoft deserved all of this hate but not anymore. People need to give them a chance.

Why do people have to give them a chance though when they have the option to buy the competitions console, the same competition that didn't need to do a bunch of 180s.

I know the reason I bought a launch PS4 was largely due to what Microsoft tried to do. Them having done all those 180s simply means I'll eventually buy the console, definitely not my first choice and it really was all Microsofts fault.

Sony may not have done a bunch of 180's, but don't think for a minute that any decision they make is not made because of MS being competition. Just the same, if MS had no competition DRM and always online would definitely be a reality today. Where do you think PS+ came from, if Sony had no competition do you really think Sony would give things away for free?
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#22SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:21:54 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
SubSeenix posted...
50% less power in hardware
50% less quality in games
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

All at the same price as the PS4

This is what effects sales
PS4 is the superior product

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.

and live being better than psn is purely opinion. that's why i didnt include it in my post. specs is not an opinion.

So the Azure cloud and MS's XBOX Live infrastructure don't have specs that can be compared to Sony's? MS has more servers spread more evenly throughout the world than Sony, which helps with latency which is pretty important in online multiplayer, that is not opinion.

I've been pretty damn unbiased here accepting reasonable rebuttals, it annoys me that you guys can't do the same.
---
"Be water my friend"
#23Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 4:26:29 PM(edited)
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
SubSeenix posted...
50% less power in hardware
50% less quality in games
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

All at the same price as the PS4

This is what effects sales
PS4 is the superior product

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.

and live being better than psn is purely opinion. that's why i didnt include it in my post. specs is not an opinion.

So the Azure cloud and MS's XBOX Live infrastructure don't have specs that can be compared to Sony's? MS has more servers spread more evenly throughout the world than Sony, which helps with latency which is pretty important in online multiplayer, that is not opinion.

I've been pretty damn unbiased here accepting reasonable rebuttals, it annoys me that you guys can't do the same.

ps+ offers different games from gold live unlike retailers where it'll most likely be the same games. live is still 'working on' cross-play (they werent before until their asses were handed to them) whereas for psn it's there. prices are different. that's why i say it's opinion on which is better/worse.
#24SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:49:16 PM(edited)
Features for an online service are different than online performance. Getting better free games doesn't help my online matches play smoother.

When I talk about better online, I'm strictly speaking of performance, which is paramount if your an online gamer.
---
"Be water my friend"
#25aheroafakePosted 7/19/2014 8:27:05 AM
Enclave posted...
aheroafake posted...
I think you're absolutely correct. I didn't at first until I actually read your original post, TC. But when I actually thought about it, it made perfect sense. Yes, Microsoft brought this upon themselves and they deserved the criticism and bashing. But Microsoft has done a decent job of trying to turn this whole thing around and it sucks that people are still holding this against them. Microsoft deserved all of this hate but not anymore. People need to give them a chance.

Why do people have to give them a chance though when they have the option to buy the competitions console, the same competition that didn't need to do a bunch of 180s.

I know the reason I bought a launch PS4 was largely due to what Microsoft tried to do. Them having done all those 180s simply means I'll eventually buy the console, definitely not my first choice and it really was all Microsofts fault.

The games and Xbox Live are some of the reasons people should buy an Xbox One. There's also an option to buy both consoles. I don't see the problem with that. And yes, I already know it was Microsoft's fault. I mentioned that already. When all of the hated policies Microsoft announced to be a part of Xbox One at its reveal made me cancel my reservation for it and then I used that money to put the PS4 on reservation. After Microsoft decided not to go through with the new policies everyone didn't like, I canceled my PS4 reservation and put the Xbox One on reserve. I'm a hardcore Xbox fan, I've been an Xbox gamer since the original was launched. I've also owned the PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and Wii. Out of all those consoles, guess which one I played the most? The Xbox and Xbox 360. So since I didn't really even use the other systems much, I just decided to sell them. All they were doing was collecting dust. Don't get me wrong, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and Wii had great games but I just never played them much. I know all of this sounds redundant but that's because I haven't slept yet. So if there is anything in my post or posts that makes no sense or whatever, sleep deprivation is the reason why.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#26IceHuskyPosted 7/19/2014 8:29:12 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
I agree. If there wasn't fanboys the XBO would have dramatically less sales. Since there isn't really any legit reason to buy an XBO over a PS4 right now.

Shut up, PS4 fanboy!
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#27Donuts_R_GoodPosted 7/19/2014 8:44:35 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
I agree. If there wasn't fanboys the XBO would have dramatically less sales. Since there isn't really any legit reason to buy an XBO over a PS4 right now.

Exclusives? People prefer the Xbox ecosystem? People have friends on Xbox One?

Yup. No reason to get one whatsoever.
---
HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY!
#28PorungaPosted 7/19/2014 11:41:37 AM
Bryant187 posted...
aheroafake posted...

Exactly, I forgave Sony after the PS3 release and the Dreaded Network Hacking Month(or 2). I also forgave MS for their E3 2013 stunt. I guess some people just hold grudges to long.

The thing about that is, there really wasn't much to forgive Sony about. PS3s release had a very high price, but due to extremely expensive hardware.. not because they were actively trying to screw customers over unlike microsoft. And their network breach... they were the victim of a crime. Why do they need forgiveness for being the victim of a crime? They didn't exactly leave the door open. Originally people were saying that the security was substandard and customer information was in clear text, but during the investigation they found that the security was not substandard, and info was not in clear text. So, again.. why forgiveness for the hack?
#29iamdanthamanPosted 7/19/2014 1:01:18 PM
False. Fanboys affect sales, they do not effect sales.
---
All your base are belong to us
#30EstocassassinPosted 7/19/2014 1:03:43 PM
Nope they affect sales but fanboys have an effect on sales.