Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales.

#41SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 3:58:12 PM
CharadeSmith posted...
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...

I challenge anyone here to go to a major retail store and ask the clerk in the games section which console you should get. If they outright say one or the other without asking you questions about your gaming habits, past consoles, multiplayer preferences or anything that should be considered when deciding on a purchase, you just spoke to a fanboy.

Not really. They're more likely to recommend the One because it's the one that needs sales to be pushed and that's what stores are interested in; no need to recommend ps4 cause those already fly off the shelves. Recommending Wii U would (sadly) be a bad idea as they'd be laughed at by too many gamers.

Corporate influence adds to the problem. Whether recommendation goes one way or the other, if your not giving the pros and cons between two products your not helping the customer make a good decision.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#42Laylow12Posted 7/21/2014 4:27:40 PM
The negative press about the XBOX ONE is everywhere from Time magazine to the regular TV News and every video game website including this one and yes, of course they're affecting sales.

The big rush to buy the console at first was based off of false promises of CPU increases of 3X4 times with "The Cloud", saying KINECT 2.0 IS THE CONSOLE and would never be separated to name a couple, has now slowed to a trickle.

It would take the XBOX ONE over three years to catch the PS4 if the PS4 stopped selling consoles today (which they're still selling faster than the XBOX ONE even with the price drop).

That's why Microsoft has fired most everybody involved with the console except for Yusef "KINECT is an advertisers dream" Medhi and Phil "TV, TV at the reveal" to "Games, Games, Games" Spencer and Major "Can't flip a switch" Nelson.

I think the negative press will not stop until the brand is sold to a company with a competent management team or they broom Phil, Nelson and Yusef and drop the price to $299 or less. Then it will be considered as an exclusives only type "box" as Microsoft calls it.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#43Raddy8Posted 7/21/2014 4:44:09 PM
dnmt posted...
SubSeenix posted...
50% less power in hardware
50% less quality in games
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

All at the same price as the PS4

This is what effects sales
PS4 is the superior product

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.

If MS didn't enter the console market online multiplayer would still be free. I'd drop PS+ with all it offers in exchange for that.

Sure glad you have the ability to see alternate timelines and know for a fact online would be free on any system if not for MS.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#44SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:33:09 PM
Laylow12 posted...
The negative press about the XBOX ONE is everywhere from Time magazine to the regular TV News and every video game website including this one and yes, of course they're affecting sales.

The big rush to buy the console at first was based off of false promises of CPU increases of 3X4 times with "The Cloud", saying KINECT 2.0 IS THE CONSOLE and would never be separated to name a couple, has now slowed to a trickle.

It would take the XBOX ONE over three years to catch the PS4 if the PS4 stopped selling consoles today (which they're still selling faster than the XBOX ONE even with the price drop).

That's why Microsoft has fired most everybody involved with the console except for Yusef "KINECT is an advertisers dream" Medhi and Phil "TV, TV at the reveal" to "Games, Games, Games" Spencer and Major "Can't flip a switch" Nelson.

I think the negative press will not stop until the brand is sold to a company with a competent management team or they broom Phil, Nelson and Yusef and drop the price to $299 or less. Then it will be considered as an exclusives only type "box" as Microsoft calls it.

As much as you want to doubt "The Cloud", it is still to be seen whether it will make a difference. So you can't say that that part of what was promised was false yet. We'll get our first taste of what the Cloud can do physics wise when Crackdown 3 releases.

I will agree that the PR blunders were ridiculous. Letting their PR guys run rampant was embarrassing for MS for sure.
---
"Be water my friend"
#45SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:36:51 PM
Raddy8 posted...
dnmt posted...
SubSeenix posted...
50% less power in hardware
50% less quality in games
50% less loved by gamers cause Microsoft tried to pull that stuff last year before Sony crushed them.
Without SOny Microsoft still would pull all those bad things - They didn't change.They didn't have a choice against the mighty PS4.

All at the same price as the PS4

This is what effects sales
PS4 is the superior product

And without Microsoft do you think Sony would be doing things as they are now? If either had no competition you know damn well there would be no PS+, no Games with Gold, no reasonably priced online service, no reasonably priced anything for that matter.

You do have a point about the power of the system whether 50% is accurate or not, but the quality of games being less is purely opinion.

If MS didn't enter the console market online multiplayer would still be free. I'd drop PS+ with all it offers in exchange for that.

Sure glad you have the ability to see alternate timelines and know for a fact online would be free on any system if not for MS.

I didn't say it would or wouldn't have happened, but if they didn't have anyone to compete with, why would they bother? The best example of not having competition would be the Madden series. If NFL 2K were still around to give EA some competition, the Madden series wouldn't be so content with adding very little each year.
---
"Be water my friend"
#46MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/21/2014 5:43:08 PM
I agree, TC! It's a fanboy conspiracy against the Xbox. And websites allowing the bashing of the Xbox One.

People spreading rumors over the web like the Xbox One is a spybox. Those tinfoil wearing crazies.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#47Laylow12Posted 7/21/2014 5:48:12 PM
Laylow12 posted...

As much as you want to doubt "The Cloud", it is still to be seen whether it will make a difference. So you can't say that that part of what was promised was false yet. We'll get our first taste of what the Cloud can do physics wise when Crackdown 3 releases.

I will agree that the PR blunders were ridiculous. Letting their PR guys run rampant was embarrassing for MS for sure.

Wow! You're one of the first Microsoft fan that has earned my respect! Where is the name calling? The twisting of the truth? The comparisons to wretched members of society for not being a Microsoft acolyte and swallowing all their PR nonsense?

As for the cloud; because it hasn't been "proven" legitimately taking bandwidth and latency in account I gotta call BS as Eurogamer and Digital Foundary articles point out. When you lie out both sides of your body at the same time as Microsoft does, you don't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to outlandish claims concerning unproven tech.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#48SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:50:15 PM
IMicrosoftLover posted...
I agree, TC! It's a fanboy conspiracy against the Xbox. And websites allowing the bashing of the Xbox One.

People spreading rumors over the web like the Xbox One is a spybox. Those tinfoil wearing crazies.

It does seem like it's so "cool" to hate the XBOX One right now, that if your trying to make ad revenue on your site, writing articles about XBOX One being terrible is your best bet.
---
"Be water my friend"
#49SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:00:15 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Wow! You're one of the first Microsoft fan that has earned my respect! Where is the name calling? The twisting of the truth? The comparisons to wretched members of society for not being a Microsoft acolyte and swallowing all their PR nonsense?

As for the cloud; because it hasn't been "proven" legitimately taking bandwidth and latency in account I gotta call BS as Eurogamer and Digital Foundary articles point out. When you lie out both sides of your body at the same time as Microsoft does, you don't get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to outlandish claims concerning unproven tech.

Thank you good sir, I do try my best not to be biased, but of course I do have my tendencies as everyone does.

Now about "The Cloud". I happened upon a post on another forum from someone who seemed to have a pretty good handle on how the cloud could work with just 700kbs of data. I'll try to find it for you all to read, but it's been a while and I can't even remember what forum it was on.

Basically what he was saying, when it comes to physics being done server side and accounting for crappier connections, was that the only info that would need to be sent back to you would be the location of each piece of an object being blown to bits. The movement and bouncing and colliding would all be done server side and only the locations of those objects throughout that process would be sent to you. This isn't much unlike what is already sent to you from say a battlefield server. You are sent vehicle and player locations along with data on all gunfire (every bullet/missile/grenade/etc.) from the server. If you think about how many bullets could be traveling at once in a Battlefield game in just one second, you may begin to think that this cloud thing may be feasible.

Now, I'm off to look for that forum post.
---
"Be water my friend"
#50SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:08:26 PM
Ya, most likely not going to find that post, but really my stance on the cloud is that I'm staying optimistic. I'm just waiting to see real in-game first hand proof like most people.
---
"Be water my friend"