Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales.

#51quincy2000aPosted 7/21/2014 6:31:24 PM
"Whether you want to admit it or not, fanboys effect sales."

First of all, I agree with that 100%.

SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
It is one thing to have debates on which console is better at this or that, it is another to completely slander a company because of arrogance and ignorance. The Sony fanboys are actually affecting the competitions sales by word of mouth alone.

Second, I read a lot of the articles about the X1 and PS4 on the net. What I am reading has nothing to do with slander, it has to do with truthful information being passed around.

Maybe you've come across some slanderous comments from gamers (and I'm curious as to what they are and where you saw them), but what I've seen and heard people referring to are articles in places like Forbes and Newsweek. Those writers are speaking the truth, nothing slanderous--they don't want to be sued.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#52Laylow12Posted 7/21/2014 6:34:54 PM
Ya, most likely not going to find that post, but really my stance on the cloud is that I'm staying optimistic. I'm just waiting to see real in-game first hand proof like most people.

Sounds promising.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#53SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:47:11 PM
quincy2000a posted...

It is one thing to have debates on which console is better at this or that, it is another to completely slander a company because of arrogance and ignorance. The Sony fanboys are actually affecting the competitions sales by word of mouth alone.

Second, I read a lot of the articles about the X1 and PS4 on the net. What I am reading has nothing to do with slander, it has to do with truthful information being passed around.

Maybe you've come across some slanderous comments from gamers (and I'm curious as to what they are and where you saw them), but what I've seen and heard people referring to are articles in places like Forbes and Newsweek. Those writers are speaking the truth, nothing slanderous--they don't want to be sued.

Plenty of wanna be journalists out there now on smaller game sites, check out N4G.com for a good amount of them. You have a point, but "resolution gate" is kind of pointless when there is more to games and consoles than just graphics. If that's all people care about they are being ignorant of all other aspects of gaming. Wii U doesn't get put down constantly because of it's graphics, but it is by far the weakest of the consoles. Nintendo has taught us all that fun is more important than graphics for a long time. So much emphasis on graphics is hurting the industry as a whole IMO.

Yes, a good game is even better with better graphics, but it's also better with friends and better online functionality. So much more should be considered when looking for the right console for you.

My main point originally was that casuals, the ones who don't really have any real opinion on the consoles themselves, are being pushed in one direction or the other for reasons that they normally wouldn't worry about if it wasn't what everyone else was concerned about.

Console sales are important to the consumer, because if a product doesn't sell enough it won't last. That's not saying that XBOX One isn't selling enough, but it could be selling better.

In all honesty I'm not that concerned about whether people pick one console or the other, I just wish people weren't influenced by biased idiots.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#54SpikeTheSpaceCowboy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:50:31 PM
quincy2000a posted...

The slander I was referring too was about how people are still putting MS down for their E3 2013 mistakes, the M$ is EVIL fanboys.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"