X1 controller issue:Constantly going vertical in games like Titanfall and BF4

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1 controller issue:Constantly going vertical in games like Titanfall and BF4
1 year ago#11
zerooo0 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
I'd call MS and have them replace it. I find instead of finding a "quick fix" or "jury rig" solution, its best now days to just play it safe and have them replace it while still under warranty. Of course they'll make you go through the bs steps, I imagine something like "have you power cycled the machine? Updated the controller? Taken the batteries out and examined them? Entered the contra code?" You know the drill.

I've done all of that stuff, how do I check and see if my console is under warranty? I'm 99% sure that I've got it, but I want to check. Also can you describe how they would replace it? Like would I have to send them my messed up controller?

Thank you for your help so far.

I'm not sure about peripherals, but the system has a one year warranty. If you still have the receipt (I keep my gaming purchase receipts) you could check the date on it, and MS should be able to check as well. The only thing I've replaced is a 360 with the RROD, and back then I believe they sent the replacement and you sent them back yours. It might have been the other way around I can't remember, it's honestly been so long.
1 year ago#12
There used to be an issue with PlayStation controllers, where if you turned the console on with the analog stick held in a position, then it would set that as the default position.
So if you turned the console on with the right stick held up for example, in games characters would move forwards by themselves.

To rectify this you would just need to reset the controller. So either just turn the console off and then back on with the sticks not held down.
Or use the reset button on the back of the controller (usually a small pin hole)

If this doesn't work then contact Microsoft. Peripherals that are included with a console usually carry a 12 month warranty.
1 year ago#13
If one of the sticks drifts, I don't think there's a way to get rid of it. My day one controller went through that too. I tried to resync it, do a controller update, none of it worked.
---
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life
1 year ago#14
go buy another controller, see if it works. If it works fine, then "return" it. Clean up the defective controller as best you can and if it looks like it is new they should take it back no problem.
1 year ago#15
Orange_Apples posted...
go buy another controller, see if it works. If it works fine, then "return" it. Clean up the defective controller as best you can and if it looks like it is new they should take it back no problem.

While I can't condone it, my friend used to play guitar hero religiously. He would mess up the part you strummed on the guitar, go buy a new one from Wal-Mart, and then return the old one for money back. I'm sure best buy checks serials (maybe) but Wal-Mart doesn't give a crap.
1 year ago#16
zerooo0 posted...
pnut3844 posted...
I'd call MS and have them replace it. I find instead of finding a "quick fix" or "jury rig" solution, its best now days to just play it safe and have them replace it while still under warranty. Of course they'll make you go through the bs steps, I imagine something like "have you power cycled the machine? Updated the controller? Taken the batteries out and examined them? Entered the contra code?" You know the drill.

I've done all of that stuff, how do I check and see if my console is under warranty? I'm 99% sure that I've got it, but I want to check. Also can you describe how they would replace it? Like would I have to send them my messed up controller?

Thank you for your help so far.

okay im calling a troll on this one

everybodies xbox one is still under warranty. it hasnt even been on the market for a year yet. this is a no brainer if you spend $500 USD on a device, you should at least be able to do your homework on warranties, policies, and all that other crap that every owner should be familiar with before they even pull the trigger on a device. i mean no offense, but it should be common knowledge at this point, unless you just throw money around like a boss and you really dont care.

yet im going to give this a serious reply. instead of moaning over internet forums about it which will do NOTHING to help fix your situation, call microsoft and get them to resolve your situation. you might not even have to send in your entire console. you might not even have to send in your entire console. you might just have to send in the controller, and you could just go buy another one for the time being, which would be convenient if you ever want to play a game on the couch with a friend or anything like that, then youd have an extra controller to do that with when everything is said and done and your controller gets fixed.

im not sure what the process is but they are the ones to talk to when you break down. over here youre just going to get met with snark replies, especially from the hardcore fanboys that would never ever believe there could actually be something wrong with their favorite toy or whatever
1 year ago#17
pnut3844 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

While I can't condone it, my friend used to play guitar hero religiously. He would mess up the part you strummed on the guitar, go buy a new one from Wal-Mart, and then return the old one for money back. I'm sure best buy checks serials (maybe) but Wal-Mart doesn't give a crap.

Okay TC, if it makes you feel better you can probably scam a decent used controller from Gamestop insted of a reputable retailer.
1 year ago#18
The blind following of Xbone is real.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1 controller issue:Constantly going vertical in games like Titanfall and BF4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived