Xbox One vs Wii U sales

#11Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 9:35:23 AM(edited)
youngskillz posted...
xbox will overtake wii u sales eventually.

regardless of sales, it's always been xbox vs playstation anyway.

Sorry but the Xbox One is nowhere near the PS4 in sales and there are no signs of this improving.

I think Microsoft has a good shot at exceeding the Wii U, but don't kid yourself, they'll have to work for it, Nintendo has a pretty big lead and the XOne is not selling any better right now.

Worldwide month over month sales for the Wii U are also higher than the XOne.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#12Parisinflames78Posted 7/18/2014 9:36:45 AM
whats your source on these numbers?
#13teh1337gosuPosted 7/18/2014 9:39:47 AM
Iemander posted...
youngskillz posted...
xbox will overtake wii u sales eventually.

regardless of sales, it's always been xbox vs playstation anyway.

Sorry but the Xbox One is nowhere near the PS4 in sales and there are no signs of this improving.

I think Microsoft has a good shot at exceeding the Wii U, but don't kid yourself, they'll have to work for it, Nintendo has a pretty big lead and the XOne is not selling any better right now.

Worldwide month over month sales for the Wii U are also higher than the XOne.

I checkedthe NPD neogaf thread and worldwide wiiu isnahead of Xbox one the last 2 months, pretty funny considering everyone assumed wiiu is already behind. The one year head start will mean ms will have to sell a lot of units in the us compared to wiiu, because wiiu has global.

Plus wiiu and one were only 14k off last month in the US. Either that's great fornwiiu or terrible for some.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#14Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 9:41:36 AM
Parisinflames78 posted...
whats your source on these numbers?

No official numbers, but vgchartz and general estimates from various sources point in that direction.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
#15ZeoDefenderPosted 7/18/2014 9:48:26 AM(edited)
My estimates:

PS4 - 80-100 million
Xbone - 40-60 million
Wii U - 30-40 million

It's possible that the Wii U could outsell the Xbone, but highly unlikely. The one, and only, trick card for Nintendo to play are the Amiibos. It all comes down to them.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#16schmarkenheimerPosted 7/18/2014 10:03:28 AM(edited)
I don't see the Wii U having that big a base. A considerable chunk were people who saw the Wii and thought "ohh motion things", bought it, didn't buy games for it. Now those same people think the Wii U is a Wii addon and won't buy it. The Xbox is considerably more powerful, has far better multiplats and has a community more willing to buy it and other games throughout the years. Something the Wii didn't have. It took like 18 months or so to reach 6m sales right? I'd be shocked if the X1 doesn't do that within a year of release.

Oh and just a bit extra, multiplat figures will be pretty low on the Wii U and they're a pretty sizeable chunk. It'll have droughts when there's nothing to buy (more so than the others) and tbh I'd expect Nintendo to duck the others and release somewhere in between, maybe 2017/18 instead of the 2019/2020 (guess) of MS and Sony. Get something shiny, new, much more powerful that'll take a chunk of the multiplat market and advertise it Nintendo.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#17aluminafalconPosted 7/18/2014 10:17:58 AM
I own both the Wii u and Xbox one so I feel qualfied to speak here. While Xbox one is getting the more poweriful titles it shared library with ps4 and pc really reduces incentives, meanwhile the Wii u has great exclusives but nothing else. as a primary system the one is the better system but if you are going to own multiple systems the Wii u is by far the purchase for a secondary. I think the Wii u barely edges out second place when all is said and done
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#18HiddenRoarPosted 7/18/2014 11:47:02 AM
If they made a Yokai Watch for the Wii U, RIP Xbox One in Japan.
#19Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:19:27 PM
The Wii U is a great console with many great titles you can't get anywhere else.
---
#20ssringoPosted 7/18/2014 4:40:23 PM
Iemander posted...
The Wii U is a great console with many great titles you can't get anywhere else.

Yup. A popular opinion seems to be *primary gaming system* and Wii U. It may not be most people's first choice for gaming but it's an excellent companion system. If enough people pick it up as their secondary system it could very well wind up in second in console sales.

Mine is collecting dust at the moment but it'll be getting a lot more use in the coming months.
---
"If all pc gamers are pirates and pc gamers are the master race, then logically . . .
Pirates = Master Race" -Piggins12