Report: Microsoft's cuts include the EMEA Xbox team

#11SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 9:43:57 AM
FinzFan4life posted...

it has nothing to do with the xbox one, if it did the majority of layoffs would of been from xbox division, but it wasn't, when a company gets bought out there will be jobs that are exactly the same or very similar and when one person already has tenure with the the company buying they are going to stay, this was foreseen. The buy out was for patents and what ever Nokia owned buildings factories etc. it sucks for them I feel for them, the only time a buy out doesn't normally end in layoffs is construction industry and even then it's rare.

I doubt you actually read any of it, since you're referring to yesterdays news (which also included the closing of the XBOX entertainment studio, so even if you're referring to that, you're wrong).

Yesterday, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announced that the company would cut up to 18,000 jobs 12,500 in its Nokia division as part of the company's restructuring plan. MCV's sources state that as much as 75 percent of the full-time positions available on the Xbox EMEA would be axed, with current employees having to reapply for the remaining open roles.

This is about lay-offs at the European Xbox division.
#12TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 9:53:49 AM
You guys really need to stop responding to SoulTrapper. Put that dude on ignore and move on.
---
Always O.G.
#13TheRealPhattyJPosted 7/18/2014 9:54:35 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Bad news keeps rolling in.

Sad to see all these people lose their job due to some bad decisions made by upper management.

obviously you never took BASIC economics

You don't really need any economics lessons to know that the bad decisions made by management for the xbox one are the cause of this.
Some common sense will do.

it has nothing to do with the xbox one, if it did the majority of layoffs would of been from xbox division, but it wasn't, when a company gets bought out there will be jobs that are exactly the same or very similar and when one person already has tenure with the the company buying they are going to stay, this was foreseen. The buy out was for patents and what ever Nokia owned buildings factories etc. it sucks for them I feel for them, the only time a buy out doesn't normally end in layoffs is construction industry and even then it's rare.

What exactly then does closing the xbox division in Europe, the middle east, and Asia, and firing ten percent of the employees at xbox uk, and cloding their xbox tv studio have to do with the acquisition of a camera company?
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 7/18/2014 10:00:45 AM
You load sixteen tons, and what do ya get?
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#15B1GB0SS_86Posted 7/18/2014 10:06:17 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Sad to see all these people lose their job due to some bad decisions made by upper management.

You don't really need any economics lessons to know that the bad decisions made by management for the xbox one are the cause of this.

This. People on here are just idiots sometime. They think all this is because of xbox one and it isnt.
#16iamdanthamanPosted 7/18/2014 10:17:15 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

What exactly then does closing the xbox division in Europe, the middle east, and Asia, and firing ten percent of the employees at xbox uk, and cloding their xbox tv studio have to do with the acquisition of a camera company?

1. They didn't close Xbox EMEA
2. Nokia is a cell phone company
3. It has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with the new CEO. Once he took over the company he stated he wanted to examine every division to look for ways to be more efficient.

The vast majority of the cuts were because of the redundant positions from the Nokia acquisition, but that doesn't mean that there weren't also redundant positions elsewhere in the company as well. Xbox wasn't the only other division affected by these layoffs. They were across the board.
---
All your base are belong to us
#17SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 10:48:22 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

This. People on here are just idiots sometime. They think all this is because of xbox one and it isnt.

I'm fairly certain cuts in the xbox division are because of the xbox.

No one is saying the Nokia releases are part of this, that's something he made up because he didn't seem to understand this was new information.
#18tristin809Posted 7/18/2014 11:26:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19iamdanthamanPosted 7/18/2014 11:54:41 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

I'm fairly certain cuts in the xbox division are because of the xbox.

No one is saying the Nokia releases are part of this, that's something he made up because he didn't seem to understand this was new information.

Yes, but they are because of the existence of redundant positions within the Xbox hierarchy, not because of poor sales.
---
All your base are belong to us
#20lokinineteenPosted 7/18/2014 12:02:56 PM
How could the Xbox One 'failing' result in 18000 job losses?

Come on trolls..... smh