Report: Microsoft's cuts include the EMEA Xbox team

#31slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 1:12:30 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
slowdog76 posted...
glad of your expert analysis there soultrapper, what with your deep understanding of business and the iner machinations at microsoft. what would we do without your knowledge

Yeah, I'd just leave it alone when I have no real arguments to counter what was brought up.
But it's always nice to see the same people resort to lame comments due to lack of actual argumentation.

but you dont leave it alone.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#32regsantotomasPosted 7/18/2014 1:13:43 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
regsantotomas posted...
I bet at least 1 person on here is on Warren Buffet's speed dial. This is legit analysis at its best!

I tell my secretary to put him on hold and pretend she's transferring him using different voices each time so he'll both get tired of waiting and hang up, and also so he is impressed by how many secretaries I have. It's working more or less.

Warren Buffet IS my secretary!

Wait. That's not sexy at all. I take it back
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#33SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 1:14:27 PM
iamdanthaman posted...

I can accept that argument for why Xbox Entertainment was closed down, or if they were pulling out of one of those markets like they did in Japan with the 360, but it's not like the EMEA team was in charge of the implementation of Kinect and NuAds, Hell, they barely even supported TV integration anywhere but the US. If what you are saying is right, the layoffs would have hit the core Xbox team, not the overseas team.

With less money coming in, they needed to make cuts.
The xbox isn't doing too well overseas, but it's doing pretty decent in the US.
Where are the cuts going to be made?
#34slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 1:15:09 PM
on an unrelated note, half of the topics on the first page are by users i have ignored. it is looking very sparse......and weird
---
Confucius
#35SoulTrapperPosted 7/18/2014 1:19:08 PM
slowdog76 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
slowdog76 posted...
glad of your expert analysis there soultrapper, what with your deep understanding of business and the iner machinations at microsoft. what would we do without your knowledge

Yeah, I'd just leave it alone when I have no real arguments to counter what was brought up.
But it's always nice to see the same people resort to lame comments due to lack of actual argumentation.

but you dont leave it alone.

Because I have actual arguments.
Try and look at the posts made by iamdanthaman and compare them to yours.
You'll soon find out why your posts don't do anything but promote a lower level of public dialog.
#36iamdanthamanPosted 7/18/2014 1:43:38 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
iamdanthaman posted...

I can accept that argument for why Xbox Entertainment was closed down, or if they were pulling out of one of those markets like they did in Japan with the 360, but it's not like the EMEA team was in charge of the implementation of Kinect and NuAds, Hell, they barely even supported TV integration anywhere but the US. If what you are saying is right, the layoffs would have hit the core Xbox team, not the overseas team.

With less money coming in, they needed to make cuts.
The xbox isn't doing too well overseas, but it's doing pretty decent in the US.
Where are the cuts going to be made?

I would imagine that the cuts would be to the people that are working on the technical aspects of what is failing, instead of a bunch of marketing employees. In your scenario they are cutting employees that don't even work on the types of things that you are attributing their layoffs to. It's not like they can take the software engineers that were working on Kinect, NuAds, and TV integration and have them do the jobs of the European marketing team.

This was a major restructuring of the entire company due to a change in leadership. It's something that happens with basically every major company when a new CEO takes over. or don't you remember what happened at Yahoo just two years ago?

http://allthingsd.com/20120305/yahoos-new-ceo-preps-major-restructuring-including-significant-layoffs/
---
All your base are belong to us
#37scoobydoobydontPosted 7/18/2014 1:46:28 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Warren Buffet IS my secretary!

Wait. That's not sexy at all. I take it back

Depends. What is he wearing?

If you say he's wearing Depends I swear to gawd....
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#38slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 1:56:30 PM
soultrapper:

no, what you have are misguided opinions (but i respect them) and whenever anyone tries to correct you - and note i say "correct" - or put forward their own, you then spend however long trying to argue that they are wrong and you are right, often with the odd "witty" insult thrown in for good measure.

and yes, i do respect your opinion. i find them laughable sometimes, but i dont begrudge you having them.

and yes, sometimes i may well make acerbic little comments here and there. mainly because i dont want to waste my time typing long thought out replies all over the place because, well, the next day i would probably have to type the same thing all over again. but then, sometimes i will.

im not even sure what you mean by lower level of public dialogue. maybe it just means that i dont agree with you. sometimes, often times, i dont. and if that is what "lower level of public dialogue" means, then im happy to reside there.

but here is the thing about you soul trapper. your apparent narcissism means you have to comment on topics such as this. your apparent sub-clinical psychopathy has you arguing about things that you really don't understand, and often-times try to twist what you read and hear to fit into your own agenda.

think i'm wrong? you are spending your time here, in this thread trying to push your opinion as fact, trying to score points and woe-betide anyone that disagrees, when in actual fact, the only discussion that should be had on the subject is that 18,000 people are about to lose their jobs. and that in any circumstance is pretty crappy.
---
Confucius
#39scoobydoobydontPosted 7/18/2014 2:08:23 PM
slowdog76 posted...
but here is the thing about you soul trapper. your apparent narcissism means you have to comment on topics such as this. your apparent sub-clinical psychopathy has you arguing about things that you really don't understand, and often-times try to twist what you read and hear to fit into your own agenda.

It's like I'm reading my life story here...
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#40slowdog76Posted 7/18/2014 2:11:11 PM
I just left off your cross dressing Scooby :D
---
Confucius