Kinect Idea: "The Fear Eater".

#11TOhasNoRingPosted 7/18/2014 9:50:49 AM
Pretty interesting idea. Sadly, this probably won't happen.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#12KipbondurPosted 7/18/2014 9:53:08 AM
So the less you care, the easier it is?
---
GT: Kip Bondur
#13redditon4chanPosted 7/18/2014 9:54:14 AM
Kipbondur posted...

Thats life in general, bro.
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 7/18/2014 9:56:31 AM
Cool idea... so naturally it could never happen. Horror was always a genre that could benefit from Kinect+controller, but MS (and 3rd parties) seems to have no interest in doing such things.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#15SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 9:59:07 AM
Kipbondur posted...

Certainly, apathy would work. But if you were invested in the game as a whole, then control would be your only option.

If you feel totally apathetic whilst playing a game, you're gaming incorrectly!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#16PorungaPosted 7/18/2014 10:34:15 AM
Something like this would actually be a good use of the kinect. I have always said that the kinect has fantastic potential as a support device as you are describing its use, but it is absolutely worthless as a stand alone control device.

Things like this would allow the kinect to be successful, and would convince people that do not have one to buy one. So far, the kinect is either not utilized, under utilized, or over utilized. Either games have no kinect support at all, it has some things but they are so minor that it doesn't add anything significant and you might as well not even bother, OR it tries using the kinect as the primary controller and it SUCKS.

Something like TCs idea sounds like the perfect balance. Using standard gaming controls, while using the kinect in a significant and meaningful way. You literally could not do a game like this without it.
#17LonethernetPosted 7/18/2014 2:55:59 PM
Would buy! That sounds like Kinect innovation people have been waiting for. I remember I almost got one last-gen just for the Gunsmithing in Future Soldier. No motion controlled gaming, I feel like a weirdo flailing around during gameplay. But something reading your reactions and playing on your fears sounds pretty cool. And I don't mind motion controls as long as it's moving through game menus or something. A Dead Space game where you move through your massively upgraded and infinitely useful now holographic display that way would make me hot.
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet