Do you think developers will now give XBOX less exclusives?

#1heimdalgcPosted 7/18/2014 3:07:38 PM
I'm curious about this. How many developers do you think were working on Kinect heavy elements or games? With Microsoft removing kinect there will be a smaller market for those games. Those developers that were enlisted could hold a grudge, right? eventually Kinect-less units will be the majority.

Also with the price cut, ps4 somehow sold more units. Surely some companies will start getting enticed to just back the leader?

What do you think or know about the industry?
---
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
#2Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/18/2014 3:11:05 PM
it'll depend on the developer and how much money they're offering. developers for kinect arent that happy. this was already posted way back when MS announced the kinect-less version. in the end it all depends.
#3squarex8264Posted 7/18/2014 3:13:38 PM
I believe the architecture is so similar between the Xbox One and PS4, that most multiplat devs will just make their titles for both platforms to maximize sales.

Of course, if either Microsoft or Sony want to make an exclusive deal with a publisher, that's totally different. But I can't see a publisher picking PS4 only without some extra monetary incentive to cover the loss of sales.

I think we will see many X1/PS4/PC games this gen, aside from the big exclusives across all 3 platforms. Wii U is different enough that it won't get the same multiplat games going forward, unless a 360/PS3 version exists.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4NeoMonkPosted 7/18/2014 3:15:02 PM
money talks
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#5MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/18/2014 3:15:06 PM
Are you serious?

Sunset Overdrive is the MOST important new IP to date!

Just with it alone, and its sequels we will see Xbox Ones being sold like iHop Pancakes.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#6Kazuya_80Posted 7/18/2014 3:17:48 PM
games on x1 have already sold millions..yeah developers dont like that...
#7EllesarienPosted 7/18/2014 3:21:59 PM
Kazuya_80 posted...
games on x1 have already sold millions..yeah developers dont like that...

It's just not even worth it using logic and all. They want MS and the X-1 to fail so bad they have collectively agreed to shut off their brains. Now that is obsession.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8singhellotakuPosted 7/18/2014 4:18:50 PM
i'll bet most devs were delighted the kinect requirement was removed
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#9PominAusPosted 7/18/2014 4:22:15 PM
Exclusivity is not given, it's bought.