REMINDER: Microsoft is worth $280 billion; Sony is worth $83 billion

#51RPGspleasePosted 7/18/2014 9:47:35 PM
Microsoft board dont really like xbox did no one else hear that exbox entertainment division was scrapped. 13k workers let go in total for restructuring from their purchase of nokia
---
"Some of this is garbage, most is handheld, and most isn't even in ENGLISH. " Phaseslaethe on Japan's mediacreate numbers
#52quickposterPosted 7/18/2014 9:54:29 PM
TC will probably ignore this but

the xbox brand is losing MS $2 billion a year and hasn't even broke even yet.

It doesn't matter how rich they are they won't allow to lose anymore money past a potential re-release or successor.

The Xbox is a total failure TC. Financially they can't afford to keep it afloat but as usual you bots think having far more than you can spend will carry their ship. How foolish of you.
#53benjimainPosted 7/18/2014 9:54:39 PM
Reminder: PS4 is soaring to the heavens, while Xbox One is dead last in the gutters.
#54DoggiesLipstickPosted 7/18/2014 9:57:05 PM
Who cares this isnt a d**k swinging contest. Infact that shows how inferior Microsoft is.
---
I punch Nun's for fun
#55quickposterPosted 7/18/2014 9:57:21 PM
Miiri0 posted...
ROFL

REMINDER: Xbox is not Microsoft core business; they never recover their xbox investment yet. Investors are happy about it.

Not sure if you are being serious but IF you are, they aren't happy about it. They have told Microsoft to drop Xbox since 2008 and haven't stopped. Even when they were launching Kinect they told them to quit.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2010-06-02/microsofts-latest-video-game-gamble
#56copycat2008Posted 7/18/2014 10:25:36 PM
ClickHereNow posted...
Sales don't really matter when the manufacturer of the Xbox One can buy any exclusive they want if they so want it.

thats just stupid.
sales dont matter? really? who tought you that
this is a business company they are here to make money not to give away money. business is suppose to generate money why do you think they made the company to beggin with. why do you think they fire 18,000 employee if it was ok to lose money?

they may have billions but all that is not for its gaming division, part of it goes to PC and other division. if ms didnt care about xbox not making profit, the topic of cutting off their gaming division would have never come to mind.

the xbox games that are already in production will still come out on release dates, but after that xbox will start to slow down not that its hasnt. games like halo will still come out since it has proven to be profitable but thats just it. there will be a lot less games for xbox by next year.
#57Shinobi120Posted 7/18/2014 10:41:47 PM
quickposter posted...
Miiri0 posted...
ROFL

REMINDER: Xbox is not Microsoft core business; they never recover their xbox investment yet. Investors are happy about it.

Not sure if you are being serious but IF you are, they aren't happy about it. They have told Microsoft to drop Xbox since 2008 and haven't stopped. Even when they were launching Kinect they told them to quit.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2010-06-02/microsofts-latest-video-game-gamble

Definitely. And as Microsoft keeps on bombing very fast with Xbox One & not exactly making a decent return from the R&D being spent on Xbox One as a whole, investors will start raising their voices even louder into forcing Microsoft to either spin off the Xbox brand, or to get rid of it entirely.

It's only a matter of time.
#58Crystyn_7BPosted 7/19/2014 12:07:32 AM
quickposter posted...
TC will probably ignore this but

the xbox brand is losing MS $2 billion a year and hasn't even broke even yet.

It doesn't matter how rich they are they won't allow to lose anymore money past a potential re-release or successor.

The Xbox is a total failure TC. Financially they can't afford to keep it afloat but as usual you bots think having far more than you can spend will carry their ship. How foolish of you.

non analyst source?

The XBO division is profitable by all accounts.
#59BruceLee1974Posted 7/19/2014 1:15:56 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
ClickHereNow posted...
Sales don't really matter when the manufacturer of the Xbox One can buy any exclusive they want if they so want it.

Didnt they already buy RARE and look what they did to that company. They also bought that company Peter Molynux made then he left MS again and made a new one.

hey had a chance to buy Bioware, Team Ninja and BUNGIE when they were only making games for xbox but they didnt.

So there is your answer to your question why they probably wont buy another big games company, because when they do buy them they have no clue at all how to make the most of them.

First Molyneux, good riddance.

Secondly Rare was already a shell of their former glory when MS bought them, they were given free reign, they made DS games, for a couple of years and although they made some of my favourite games of last gen none of them did all that well. I'd go as far as to say it was MS who received the short end of the deal.

Thirdly MS did in fact buy Bungie. They were gracious in letting Bungie go and keep their studio name.

Either you baited me profoundly or you really just talk big w/o having any idea what you're talking about.

Well I owned a Xbox since the beginning and I was going off my observation and things I heard from others.

First off RARE did not make anything good at all IMO, maybe for you, but for me, the games they made really sucked except Conkers Bad Fur day but was only a remake. And most of the time MS used them to focus on Avatar stuff and Kinect.

MS didn't own Bungie did they, so how could they let them go ? If they owned them they would of sold them.

And MS doesn't really like having their own 1st party studios it seems as they mainly like to buy exclusives instead. That is what I have learned from owning a xbox console the last 10 years before recently.
#60SubSeenixPosted 7/19/2014 1:18:12 AM
ClickHereNow posted...

They can't
Developers and publishers have something to say in it.
Xbox makes minus - The money MS Makes is from broken programs and their OS
Xbox just wastes money - This is why shareholders want it gone.And if the PS4 destroys the X1 even further they won't be amused to see that Microsoft needs to cash out even more to get developers even interested in their console =)