REMINDER: Microsoft is worth $280 billion; Sony is worth $83 billion

#61RyuuHou25Posted 7/19/2014 2:28:23 AM
Tech_Support posted...
Uhh how can you get simple number so wrong?

First off Microsoft as of today is worth 369 billion

And Sony is worth 17.5 billion

Where the hell did you get your numbers you silly goose?

Where the hell did you get your numbers?
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
I ga blerp ba jerp go flerp ja lerping herp ta terping larping en darping kla barping zarping mo darping - how the common wild Gfaqer sounds
#62SaumurPosted 7/19/2014 3:06:59 AM
To all people claiming Xbox is losing money and should shut down, I wonder why MS doesn't hire you and pay you 100.000 dollars per year since you know how to run a company and clearly they don't. I smh everytime I see these posts, but I guess we can't help it.
---
XBL: Saumur11689
#63Crystyn_7BPosted 7/19/2014 3:48:18 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
ClickHereNow posted...
Sales don't really matter when the manufacturer of the Xbox One can buy any exclusive they want if they so want it.

Didnt they already buy RARE and look what they did to that company. They also bought that company Peter Molynux made then he left MS again and made a new one.

hey had a chance to buy Bioware, Team Ninja and BUNGIE when they were only making games for xbox but they didnt.

So there is your answer to your question why they probably wont buy another big games company, because when they do buy them they have no clue at all how to make the most of them.

First Molyneux, good riddance.

Secondly Rare was already a shell of their former glory when MS bought them, they were given free reign, they made DS games, for a couple of years and although they made some of my favourite games of last gen none of them did all that well. I'd go as far as to say it was MS who received the short end of the deal.

Thirdly MS did in fact buy Bungie. They were gracious in letting Bungie go and keep their studio name.

Either you baited me profoundly or you really just talk big w/o having any idea what you're talking about.

Well I owned a Xbox since the beginning and I was going off my observation and things I heard from others.

First off RARE did not make anything good at all IMO, maybe for you, but for me, the games they made really sucked except Conkers Bad Fur day but was only a remake. And most of the time MS used them to focus on Avatar stuff and Kinect.

MS didn't own Bungie did they, so how could they let them go ? If they owned them they would of sold them.

And MS doesn't really like having their own 1st party studios it seems as they mainly like to buy exclusives instead. That is what I have learned from owning a xbox console the last 10 years before recently.

I never said Rare made anything good just that I liked them, I even said none of them did well. For the record Viva Pinata ranks among my top 10 games of last gen, surprisingly among many developers as well according to GI.

Just google it MS acquired Bungie in 2000. MS never took ownership of the Halo IP though and when they parted MS bought the IP from them.

MS commissioned and published exclusives, w/o them those games wouldn't exist and fyi MS actually has more 1st party studios than sony, not to say that they are as talented.
#64suzukimatsuiPosted 7/19/2014 4:30:00 AM
ClickHereNow posted...
The clear fact is, Microsoft WILL buy exclusive games for their system and can do so moreso than Sony can. They shelled out MILLIONS for Rare who they just wanted to develop tech demos. In the long run, as these exclusive games are only on THE ONE, sales will pick up.

And look at where Rare is today. We are talking about the Xbox division here they do not have full access to the entire company's "war chest". Like every division in Microsoft they are given a budget to work with. They cannot afford to throw money away unless there is sound reasoning to those decisions. They are not going to make a decision in buying an exclusive unless it makes financial sense to them and especially their shareholders
#65suzukimatsuiPosted 7/19/2014 4:31:44 AM
Saumur posted...
To all people claiming Xbox is losing money and should shut down, I wonder why MS doesn't hire you and pay you 100.000 dollars per year since you know how to run a company and clearly they don't. I smh everytime I see these posts, but I guess we can't help it.

Look at Steve Ballmer and see the results of his failures and where that got him
#66suzukimatsuiPosted 7/19/2014 4:35:41 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
quickposter posted...
TC will probably ignore this but

the xbox brand is losing MS $2 billion a year and hasn't even broke even yet.

It doesn't matter how rich they are they won't allow to lose anymore money past a potential re-release or successor.

The Xbox is a total failure TC. Financially they can't afford to keep it afloat but as usual you bots think having far more than you can spend will carry their ship. How foolish of you.

non analyst source?

The XBO division is profitable by all accounts.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Not hard to find. Are you even trying?
#67Mindwipe77Posted 7/19/2014 4:55:37 AM
ClickHereNow posted...
Sales don't really matter when the manufacturer of the Xbox One can buy any exclusive they want if they so want it.

what a bunch of nonsense, do you hear yourself?
---
Now Playing-Wolfenstein/Destiny Beta(PS4), Dragons Crown(PS3)
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#68Crystyn_7BPosted 7/19/2014 5:06:46 AM(edited)
suzukimatsui posted...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/02/18/microsoft-should-give-xbox-one-to-nintendo/

Check your facts lol
Microsoft has a new CEO. And a new Chairman. The new CEO says the company needs to focus on core markets. And analysts are making the same cry.

Amidst this organizational change, Xbox continues its long history of losing money – as much as $2 billion per year. And early 2014 results show that Xbox One is selling at only half the rate of Sony’s Playstation 4, with cumulative Xbox One sales at under 70% of PS4, leading Motley Fool to call Xbox One a “total failure.”

Clicking the hyperlinked $2 billion per year leads to http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.833461-Microsoft-Loses-2-Billion-Per-Year-On-Xbox-Analyst-Says

Again, provide a non analyst source or, to be even more specific, a source that isn't traced back to Rick Sherlund.

Sometimes you people make it almost too easy...
#69ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/19/2014 6:24:16 AM
The first rule of buying anything is the owner has to be willing to sell. If someone wanted to buy my house for 1 million dollars for example, they couldn't do anything if I wasn't willing to sell the house in the first place. That's like the fundamental business practice.
---
Valar morghulis
#70gobuffalo30Posted 7/19/2014 6:33:45 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
suzukimatsui posted...

Check your facts lol
Microsoft has a new CEO. And a new Chairman. The new CEO says the company needs to focus on core markets. And analysts are making the same cry.

Amidst this organizational change, Xbox continues its long history of losing money – as much as $2 billion per year. And early 2014 results show that Xbox One is selling at only half the rate of Sony’s Playstation 4, with cumulative Xbox One sales at under 70% of PS4, leading Motley Fool to call Xbox One a “total failure.”

Clicking the hyperlinked $2 billion per year leads to http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.833461-Microsoft-Loses-2-Billion-Per-Year-On-Xbox-Analyst-Says

Again, provide a non analyst source or, to be even more specific, a source that isn't traced back to Rick Sherlund.

Sometimes you people make it almost too easy...

It's clear you don't know the job of an analyst if you want a non-analyst source. If that's the case, listen to the people on this board and the xbox one is doing fantastic.