Hypothetically, if MS stuck with the original plans for XB1

#1aj4x94Posted 7/18/2014 11:26:27 PM
Would you guys still have stuck with them?

I'd imagine that tons of moms and pops would have just blindly bought it for their kids, but what about you guys? It seems like last gen, the 360 was the most popular console next to the Wii, so there's certainly no lack of support there.

And what would be different now if MS just stuck by their guns?
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#2Millertime660Posted 7/18/2014 11:28:24 PM
Yep!
#3lunaticcorePosted 7/18/2014 11:29:24 PM
Yea, but they would have sold less consoles and I like renting games.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#4zerooo0Posted 7/18/2014 11:31:01 PM
Nope. I was going to get a PS4 if they stuck with the original plans.I'm not going to buy a console if it has policies that I don't agree with.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5Tajaz2426Posted 7/18/2014 11:32:15 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Would you guys still have stuck with them?

I'd imagine that tons of moms and pops would have just blindly bought it for their kids, but what about you guys? It seems like last gen, the 360 was the most popular console next to the Wii, so there's certainly no lack of support there.

And what would be different now if MS just stuck by their guns?

I bought one for youngest, he plays with his school buddies on XBox's, so even if they had stayed the same I would have probably bought him one.

He only gets to play on the weekends and we live on a bunch of islands, so it is hard to get him together in real life to play, so he can at least play online with his buds.

So yeah, I would have still bought one. I think after the initial shock it would be around the same sales, since the first buyers are holiday shoppers and fanboys. You have a small percentage that just liked the direction they were going with the "all in one" console.

They have done some many changes that the X1 doesn't have an identity, now that have made a good number of changes now they can sit back and see what kind of sales increases they get and move from there.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#6AceviperPosted 7/18/2014 11:33:47 PM
MS might have already dropped out of the race if they stuck with the original plans

the only reason they changed it was because of low interest and preorders to begin with

the stigma it carried was very strong back then. Even people who aren't interested in gaming or buys consoles knew about the policies and how bad they were. I wouldn't bet on too many parents blindly buying it for their kids. Social media is too rampant these days and all they really need to know is that there was something bad about the policies, not any of the specific details that would push them away from an impulse purchase.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#7TheGam3925Posted 7/18/2014 11:39:01 PM
Xbox fanboys stuck with MS when they originally announced the DRM, and then stuck with them after they backpedaled, and then again after MS dropped the Kinect. It just goes to show you that the fanboys will stick with MS no matter what they do lol.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#8Theodore60Posted 7/18/2014 11:55:24 PM
Nope. I was all set to buy a PS4 untill they backpeddled. I'm glad they did though, I really didn't want to switch.
---
Not changing this sig until CJayC returns gamefaqs to its former glory!
#9psykojuggalo98Posted 7/19/2014 12:02:41 AM
Yep
#10Millertime660Posted 7/19/2014 12:06:46 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbox fanboys stuck with MS when they originally announced the DRM, and then stuck with them after they backpedaled, and then again after MS dropped the Kinect. It just goes to show you that the fanboys will stick with MS no matter what they do lol.

Or none of it actually bothered me.... lol!