Hypothetically, if MS stuck with the original plans for XB1

#21SantaeidPosted 7/19/2014 2:12:57 AM
I wonder if MS would have won if they stuck with it but had deals with publishers to make games cheaper. Imagine buying Watch Dogs or Destiny for $10 less or more. I mean initially you put more into the system but after a while you could get your money back in a sense like with Steam.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/yugioh5/videos
#22AgentLockePosted 7/19/2014 2:13:08 AM
Estocassassin posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbox fanboys stuck with MS when they originally announced the DRM, and then stuck with them after they backpedaled, and then again after MS dropped the Kinect. It just goes to show you that the fanboys will stick with MS no matter what they do lol.

This is how you identify a fanboy lol. nobody is siding with ms, we like their PRODUCT not the company.

I would have preferred it if they kept their original plans tbh, it is inevitably going to happen anyway so why not now?

Lol nothing is better than seeing a obvious fanboy call others by that term. (Especially when they get modded for their stupidity)
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#23Power TurtlePosted 7/19/2014 2:15:28 AM
Seeing as i have yet to buy an XBone while owning everything else?
Nah, i dont think i would have bought one if they had stuck with their plans.
---
lolxbox
Not changing signature until FALLOUT 4 is announced! ~6/10/2013
#24Kazuya_80Posted 7/19/2014 2:48:16 AM
theres a reason trolls say 180,

hint:MS spoiled some of their fun
#25quincy2000aPosted 7/19/2014 2:49:13 AM
aj4x94 posted...
Would you guys still have stuck with them?

Oddly enough, yes.

They were doing things that I was suspicious of and wasn't fully aware of--but they were being forthcoming about it. That I could deal with.

Because what I've found is that, usually, whenever something is done that people don't like (like DRM), someone comes up with a way around it. I was kind of on board based on the Xbox brand which I had followed from the beginning.

Then, it's a matter of how much the original plans really would have bothered me. I only game on my consoles, they aren't media devices for me. I wasn't sure exactly how irritated I might have been because of their original plans, but I was willing to find out.

So Microsoft didn't totally get on my bad side until they pulled the Kinect, which as a Day Oner I didn't want--but they told me it was mandatory and "integral" to the X1. That was the "original plan" they went back on to get more of you on board. Add to that the power/graphics differences...and, long story made even longer, then you have me purchasing a PS4 also.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#26TheGam3925Posted 7/19/2014 2:52:54 AM
Estocassassin posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbox fanboys stuck with MS when they originally announced the DRM, and then stuck with them after they backpedaled, and then again after MS dropped the Kinect. It just goes to show you that the fanboys will stick with MS no matter what they do lol.

This is how you identify a fanboy lol. nobody is siding with ms, we like their PRODUCT not the company.

I would have preferred it if they kept their original plans tbh, it is inevitably going to happen anyway so why not now?

Please. Microsoft is defended on a daily basis here, not just the console. Is this where you say fanboys that defend said company every day don't actually like the company?
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#27StrongBlackVinePosted 7/19/2014 3:09:21 AM(edited)
Santaeid posted...
I wonder if MS would have won if they stuck with it but had deals with publishers to make games cheaper. Imagine buying Watch Dogs or Destiny for $10 less or more. I mean initially you put more into the system but after a while you could get your money back in a sense like with Steam.

Most people do not want to download 40GB that they cannot resell. $10 is not enough of a discount. It would need to be Steam type prices.
#28chubbychaserPosted 7/19/2014 3:16:58 AM
dont worry. i am sure sometime in the future they going to 180s back to their original plan
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#29Jeh64Posted 7/19/2014 3:43:42 AM
Probably, for the exclusive only.
#30darkstar4221Posted 7/19/2014 7:12:47 AM(edited)
Santaeid posted...

Impossible anti-piracy measures always lead to higher prices. Would have I stuck with the XB1? Hell no. Locked down systems which are unhackable no one buys them usually, and are always expensive (see launch of Xbox1). People want open systems or even semi-open (read jailbreakable etc) systems.