is it just me, or does Destiney get more dissapointing with each passing news...

#1POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/19/2014 9:32:57 AM
So, while I played the Alpha on PS4, I thought the feature to name your character was just left out for some reason or another. Sadly, I just learned that Bungie was dumb enough to leave this small, but strangely important feature, out of Destiney. Under the worst excuse that "you are your Gaurdian".

Now i don't know how many of you have played mmos, but Destiney really does feel just like an mmo, and one of the best parts of that can be role play, or even just basing your character on a character from something else, or even if you enjoy seeing your name as your character. It's just a really annoying detail that would if helped it big in the mmo industry.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#2EstocassassinPosted 7/19/2014 9:36:06 AM
Yeah i think it will fail as an mmo too, everything i have seen just makes me think it's just another shooter.
#3sanas_thirituPosted 7/19/2014 9:44:40 AM
It's destiny. Not destiney. Delete this topic.
---
Monkeys and humans evolved from a common ancestor - xbox board.
Sanas_thiritu refuses to associate with monkeys. Creationism is the truth.
#4POPSHU_FRUITCHU(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:55:22 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
It's destiny. Not destiney. Delete this topic.

Nah, I was typing on my phone, the auto-correct works 90% of the time, sometimes it gets wonkey and misspelles words. You know how it is. Though I don't think it warrants topic deletion.
---
#5billsfanno1Posted 7/19/2014 10:00:25 AM
Looks very generic to me. Nothing about it has interested me. Too many good titles coming out this Fall to waste time and money on it. Bungie peaked in the era of Myth and Halo:CE.
#6HorridhalPosted 7/19/2014 10:04:10 AM
ITT : If you can't be called by your name in a game that game will fail.

What a crock.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#7BilliePilgrimPosted 7/19/2014 10:17:18 AM
Grasping at straws
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#8POPSHU_FRUITCHU(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 10:19:41 AM
Horridhal posted...
ITT : If you can't be called by your name in a game that game will fail.

What a crock.

Nobody said the game would fail, I said it was dissapointing. Learn to read.
---
#9EllesarienPosted 7/19/2014 10:21:58 AM
You guys do know that not everyone see this as the bestest game ever right?

Naming your character in a MMO is actually a pretty normal and expected feature to have. it's a pretty logical complaint.

But trolls don't use logic do they?
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10HorridhalPosted 7/19/2014 10:26:14 AM
Ellesarien posted...
You guys do know that not everyone see this as the bestest game ever right?

Naming your character in a MMO is actually a pretty normal and expected feature to have. it's a pretty logical complaint.

But trolls don't use logic do they?

Having that named used in cut scenes isn't. You can name your character, the name won't be used. He is raging about something that is a standard in all MMO's and seems upset because they didn't change it with Destiny.

It is a dumb complaint.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.