Are Gamers easily exploited?

#41LooksLikeRainPosted 7/20/2014 6:51:11 PM
Ground Zeros debuted at $29.99 for the Xbox One, and $19.99 on the 360. There's no arguing that. If you bought it somewhere for $40, I'm sorry you got cheated. If you heard it was $40 from someone, you heard wrong. I can't give an educated opinion on whether or not that price is not worth the content of the game. I just think you should fact check your posts or have someone else do it for you.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#42The_Ivory_ManPosted 7/20/2014 7:09:13 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Sometimes it seems like gaming companies deliberately try to push the limits of what they can get away with, for instance EA and Activision releasing the same game every year (and even in EA's case releasing the same game with even less features and more bugs than the previous installments, for instance Sims 4 and Sim City) with the only thing added being more outlandish microtransactions designed purely to squeeze money out of their consumers, Hideo Kojima cutting the prologue off the beginning of his newest game and selling it for $40, Kickstarter projects that ask for a large sum of money only to have it all spent on Jaffa cakes with the game being cancelled and the money NOT being refunded, normally the normal consumer wouldn't fall for this sort of thing but for some reason the gamer falls for it every time, is this just an industry with a consumer base that is ripe for exploitation?

$20-$30 dollars depending on the version you bought....

Hate seeing this wrong price all the time.

Over 30 hours put into GZ "wah wah wah it's a demo" too bad it takes longer to 100% than most games.

It's idiots only counting mission one of 7
#43twa556Posted 7/20/2014 7:38:24 PM
SythisTaru posted...
SythisTaru posted...
For instance for every gamer willing to stand against this sort of thing there seem to be far more who will just take it and line up for the next installment of whatever cash grab is on offer. Why did you think Microsoft even tried to introduce such outlandish policies in the first place? I am sure if Sony had put up the same exploitative policies that Microsoft did a few of you would probably grumble about it but the majority would still be lining up for the next generation of consoles, hell even if Microsoft didn't flip their used games policies and always on Kinect how many of you would have still brought an Xbox One?

Bioware is another one, to be honest I have lost count of how many people have said <insert game here> is Bioware's last chance but even when the game turns out to be tripe there are still millions lining up for their next batch

Hopefully we can still have a civil discussion on the matter but do you think there will ever be an effective way to combat exploitation in the industry or is the gaming industry just ripe for exploitation?

Bioware has never made a "bad" game. Even the worst, Old Republic, is still really good. There are FAR worse companies. Quit complaining.

Really? I would have considered Dragon Age 2 to be far worse than TOR (which in all honesty was a bad game).

I dunno, I loved Dragon Age 2. I thought it had the best dialogue I've seen in an RPG since Planescape: Torment and almost no choice was as simple as "good or evil". But I know a lot of people didn't like it.

That DA2 opinion made me throw up.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#44GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 8:13:29 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Over 30 hours put into GZ "wah wah wah it's a demo" too bad it takes longer to 100% than most games.

It does not take 30 hours to complete all 7 missions, while you can replay the missions multiple times to artificially bump the play time up to 30 hours you can do this in any game, at most one playthrough of all 7 missions will take 5 hours and that is being generous.
#45The_Ivory_ManPosted 7/20/2014 8:19:40 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...

It does not take 30 hours to complete all 7 missions, while you can replay the missions multiple times to artificially bump the play time up to 30 hours you can do this in any game, at most one playthrough of all 7 missions will take 5 hours and that is being generous.

Sure.

Are you counting all the optional objectives on those missions?

Getting the all the cassette tapes (which are over an hour in length and detail Chico's story over him climbing 60 miles of mountains to get into the base to Paz and Skull Face's final face to face chat) Along with the music.

S-ranking every mission?

Playing on the hard difficulty on each mission?

S-ranking on hard?

Completing all the trials?

Yeah it's around 16 hours to hit 100%.

I've been replaying it because it's FUN! Tons of replay value. I just ask friends for restrictions, (Throwing weapons only, crawl only) and go.
#46HellsControllerPosted 7/20/2014 10:28:45 PM
People are buying demos, year old remasters and on disc content. I say gamers are pretty easily exploited.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#47samurai1900Posted 7/20/2014 10:35:58 PM
Affirmative.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
For Meloetta fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MeloettaForLife
#48GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 12:55:23 AM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Sure.

Are you counting all the optional objectives on those missions?

Getting the all the cassette tapes (which are over an hour in length and detail Chico's story over him climbing 60 miles of mountains to get into the base to Paz and Skull Face's final face to face chat) Along with the music.

S-ranking every mission?

Playing on the hard difficulty on each mission?

S-ranking on hard?

Completing all the trials?

Yeah it's around 16 hours to hit 100%.

I've been replaying it because it's FUN! Tons of replay value. I just ask friends for restrictions, (Throwing weapons only, crawl only) and go.

Yes that is including the optional objectives, skipping all the optional objectives you can complete the main campaign in a little over 10 minutes. The fact that the game dangles performance benchmarks over your head does not make up for the game's short length and the fact that you need to place arbitrary restrictions on yourself to make all the subsequent playthroughs you feel you need to do to get value out of the game only shows how bad value the game is, you can do this in any game ever made, games with far bigger arsenals and more varied environments and far more tactical options that actually give you more ways to play the game than merely picking a path to sneak to the objective, once you have already sneaked in one way the others aren't really all that different experientially.

Tell me truthfully, would you still be so quick to defend this game if it wasn't a Metal Gear Solid title?
#49Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/21/2014 1:01:18 AM

Tell me truthfully, would you still be so quick to defend this game if it wasn't a Metal Gear Solid title?

hell no. no one would defend this crap if it wasnt a MGS. they all on konami's nuts.
#50a687947Posted 7/21/2014 1:07:00 AM
People in general are easily exploited