All this talk of Destiny being generic, makes me think they aren't good at FPS.

#1Jedi454Posted 7/19/2014 6:42:40 PM
Ever since the dawn of the Xbox, Halo gave the original Xbox and the 360 the reputation of the being the best consoles for first person shooters, the Xbox One is no exception with the Master Chef Collection and Halo 5 on it's way, as well as Titanfall and veterans of Call of Duty and Battlefield playing competitively on Xbox One.

While Destiny is now a multi-platform shooter, Activision and Bungie have given the Playstation 3 and 4 the beta first. Many have voiced numerous complaints, as a result of the lower skill level towards FPS among the Playstation community.

Many complaints have been thrown out, as a result of dishonesty with own skill level for FPS.

These complaints have been from "Field of view", the game being 30fps (Let's be honest, Xbox gamers don't complain about frame rates because they have the skill to adapt and master FPS for each game), it's a "generic" MMO, the controls are clunky (you won't find this on an Xbox one or 360 controller) and the game is boring (maybe boring if you aren't any good at the game).

The Playstation 3/4 version will probably sell more copies as there are more Playstation 4's out and Playstation exclusivity in Japan, but in the end, the community will die quickly as they find out that Destiny is more for Xbox one and Xbox 360, where FPS is dominant. Meanwhile, veterans from Halo, CoD and even Battlefield will stand by Destiny and will continue playing the game competitively, it will be much challenging and provide more competition as players are much better at the game.

Bungie may think that it's a smarter idea to give exclusive content to Playstation owners, but when the community soon freezes over, at least they've got the Xbox owners to fall back on and continue supporting their game.

"Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude."
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#2ZeroShot101Posted 7/19/2014 6:43:43 PM
inb4 trolling
#3Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 6:48:02 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Ever since the dawn of the Xbox, Halo gave the original Xbox and the 360 the reputation of the being the best consoles for first person shooters

See I just disagree. It was just the first to have reasonable enough hardware to pull them off. After that it got popular. Look at FPS games from a earlier age...more important look at how FPS was handled on the PS2...terribly at best! Red faction and it's loading times man.

Had nothing to do with being the "best" so to say. It was more to do with it being the ONLY option. Can't really say it is the best when it's the only reasonable option eh?
#4mokmuudPosted 7/19/2014 6:48:12 PM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/sony-nearly-a-third-of-ps4-owners-only-had-a-wii-or-xbox-360-last-gen/
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#5trostolPosted 7/19/2014 6:48:22 PM
Its not a bad game at all..looks great..good Ai...and no i am not overly awesome at shooters..but its not quite a game for me..i like some FPS but i am not big into loot games either

so far the story is interesting..and i like the concept..want to see more of the other locales other then earth

i think Halo fans will love it and i think it will grab some other FPS people but i think the MMo part might wear onpeople some..they are going for big and i can very well see it being a hit if they pump out content and give people things to do constantly
#6Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 6:55:42 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Ever since the dawn of the Xbox, Halo gave the original Xbox and the 360 the reputation of the being the best consoles for first person shooters

See I just disagree. It was just the first to have reasonable enough hardware to pull them off. After that it got popular. Look at FPS games from a earlier age...more important look at how FPS was handled on the PS2...terribly at best! Red faction and it's loading times man.

Had nothing to do with being the "best" so to say. It was more to do with it being the ONLY option. Can't really say it is the best when it's the only reasonable option eh?

Red Faction II was on Xbox, along with an abundance of other shooters.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#7Garage_ManPosted 7/19/2014 7:03:27 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Red Faction II was on Xbox, along with an abundance of other shooters.

That's my point. The PS2 was just a fail console for the FPS types. It required to much power at the time and only the xbox could deliver. I "personally" believe that is the reason that Xbox is known as the FPS machine which is sad. Up until some time ago I believed it and missed out on a few of the really good xbox RPGs. Now they won't make anymore.

None of this matters because I will be getting Destiny. It looks amazing and maybe one of the most important FPS games in some time. A clash of MMO and FPS is just what the doctor ordered ;)
#8bossk5Posted 7/19/2014 7:04:26 PM
I've been playing the beta since the 17th and honestly.... It's anything but generic. It looks and plays fantastic.
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#9ZeroShot101Posted 7/19/2014 7:06:16 PM
I will still get destiny on xbox one because i still believe the skill gap will be larger on that system and thats a personal opinion, Also because of friends i could care less about resolution id take a higher frame rate over resolution
#10BigLongDownerPosted 7/19/2014 7:11:02 PM
Judging from the streams, I'd say that Destiny looks awesome. As long as the controls/gunplay are smooth I'll be happy. Few more days until I decide on either the regular or digital guardian edition.
---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"