is Killer Instinct the most complex fighting game series

#71Nighthound101Posted 7/20/2014 6:17:31 PM
Not by a long shot, it's a fun game, and I really enjoy it, but it's no where near the likes of Street Fighter, MVC, MK and a couple of others.

Like I said though, I do like it.
#72Legend524Posted 7/20/2014 6:46:54 PM
Ki is a good fighting game. The mind games that can be played in ki are probably better than most other fighting games, especially at high level play. Combo breakers and counter breakers really jack this fact over most games.

Instinct mode is not xfactor. Everyone has unique abilities granted to them with their instinct. Most add to the already deep mind game set up this game has

Is it the most complex? No. Maybe when the game is officially "finished", it could be amongst the top 5.
#73sonicteam2k1Posted 7/20/2014 7:50:12 PM
CKnight posted...
VF being the hardest is a myth. Literally nothing is hard to pull off in VF and people haven't focused on counting frames in years. People these days just play.

Tekken Tag 2 is a much more complex game given its huge roster, huge move list for each fighter and various mechanics.

just because someone can "do all the moves" in a fighting game doesn't make it less complex. I can do every move in VF, but all the mechanics combined in practice makes it more complex. There is a reason only serious people can grasp everything in it.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#74TwistedMaestroPosted 7/20/2014 8:39:39 PM
I would rank Killer Instinct above smash bros, though, in terms of complexity.
#75MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/20/2014 8:49:14 PM
TwistedMaestro posted...
I would rank Killer Instinct above smash bros, though, in terms of complexity.

Which one? The original or Brawl; then yes. Melee; then no.

The game is moderately complex. Guilty Gear and Virtua Fighter are leagues beyond it.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#76SS_MetalSonicPosted 7/20/2014 9:03:19 PM
It has the smoothest and most intuitive combo system and that takes away from the complexity.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, WATCH_DOGS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#772ndAtomiskPosted 7/21/2014 5:26:00 AM
HeroBorne posted...
TwistedMaestro posted...
lol no.
Virtua Fighter 5: FS is probably the hardest fighting game to master.

but what about Killer instincts insane combo gameplay

are you still saying Virtual Fighter is a more complex/technical fighting game then Killer instinct?

Yes. By a long shot.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#78NatatteruPosted 7/21/2014 7:32:13 AM
Wooh damn, people thinking KI takes skill. Now you are gonna see people think that X Factor Vergil takes skill in Marvel 3.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW
BBCP: Bang - P4A: Liz - USF4: Makoto - 3s: Makoto - AH3: Saki - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Sion/C-Ciel - GGXXAC: May
#79ExempliGratiaPosted 7/21/2014 7:41:13 AM(edited)
Natatteru posted...
Wooh damn, people thinking KI takes skill. Now you are gonna see people think that X Factor Vergil takes skill in Marvel 3.

If you can't block the Mixups of Vergil in xf3 then practice is in order.

Edit: before someone else takes what I said wrong I meant in general not you.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#80NatatteruPosted 7/21/2014 7:40:02 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Natatteru posted...

If you can't block the Mixups of Vergil in xf3 then practice is in order.

Tell that to the top players still getting hit by the non-mixup helm breaker.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW
BBCP: Bang - P4A: Liz - USF4: Makoto - 3s: Makoto - AH3: Saki - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Sion/C-Ciel - GGXXAC: May