is Killer Instinct the most complex fighting game series

#81ExempliGratiaPosted 7/21/2014 6:43:59 AM
Natatteru posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Natatteru posted...
Wooh damn, people thinking KI takes skill. Now you are gonna see people think that X Factor Vergil takes skill in Marvel 3.

If you can't block the Mixups of Vergil in xf3 then practice is in order.

Tell that to the top players still getting hit by the non-mixup helm breaker.

Everyone is going to fall for something. Justin Wong blocked everything from Vergil perfectly. Truthfully Vergil isn't the problem he once was. People learned about him. You either snap him in first or you learn how to block each mixup he has and prevent swords from activating.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#82ExempliGratiaPosted 7/21/2014 6:47:45 AM
Also if you block a helmet breaker while jumping you have a chance to punish Vergil.
---
#83NatatteruPosted 7/21/2014 6:51:59 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Also if you block a helmet breaker while jumping you have a chance to punish Vergil.

I know, however what is what truly happens in a tournament setting most of the time? The Vergil jumps again and does another one, usually succeeding because people hate to think when playing Marvel and just play based on raw instinct, kinda like why people always get blown up by someone mashing Haggar assist while getting combo'd. FChamp, as much as I dislike his guts, is among the only smart enough players to actually bait and punish those things.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW
BBCP: Bang - P4A: Liz - USF4: Makoto - 3s: Makoto - AH3: Saki - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Sion/C-Ciel - GGXXAC: May
#84ExempliGratiaPosted 7/21/2014 6:58:41 AM
Natatteru posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

I know, however what is what truly happens in a tournament setting most of the time? The Vergil jumps again and does another one, usually succeeding because people hate to think when playing Marvel and just play based on raw instinct, kinda like why people always get blown up by someone mashing Haggar assist while getting combo'd. FChamp, as much as I dislike his guts, is among the only smart enough players to actually bait and punish those things.

The double slam Vergil really only hits people that don't know about it. It can be punished. The real top level players don't fall for it. I'm nowhere near a top level umcv3 player (Noel brown and fooblat killed me both times I got close to top 8) but I can see them too. Especially if I have hawkeye I can punish after the first helmet breaker and able to get distance. All about learning. The morrigan and doom shell is the true problem of this game now not so much Vergil.

But this is getting off topic a little.
---
#85Legend524Posted 7/21/2014 12:32:40 PM(edited)
Dragonfist17

Instinct Mode, basically X-factor

Ultra Combos, essentially useless, finish move fluff like Mortal Kombat.

You don't play much ki, do you? Instinct is more unique than x factor, and isn't a comeback mechanic. Yes, you can cancel into instinct like you can xfactor, but xfactor doesn't allow unique traits for different characters.

All fighting games have meter. It's kind of funny how your pointing it out as a bad thing in a fighting game. But meter in ki is not only for ex moves. And it also builds up faster than most games, so it's a little more unique.

Your also forgetting about counter breaking.
#86suzukimatsuiPosted 7/21/2014 12:43:54 PM
Lol KI complex? Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazblue are way more complex and technical than KI
#87ExempliGratiaPosted 7/21/2014 12:49:21 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
Lol KI complex? Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazblue are way more complex and technical than KI

I agree with every game you said except that one. Tekken? No.
---