Name 5 games you wish would be remade, and what would change

#1aj4x94Posted 7/20/2014 12:56:15 PM
1. Metal Gear + Metal Gear 2 - Understandably, the original Metal Gear games haven't aged well in the decades that have passed. It would have all the signature gameplay elements from the newer games such as wall hugging, CQC, OTS shooting, and guards with sightlines that consist of more than straight lines. And it would be updated with story elements that mesh better with the current canon, such as Big Boss telling Snake that they're father and son.

2. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines - Imagine the game with updated graphics, none of the bugs that plagued it at launch, and all the content that was originally dummied out, and you've got yourself one hell of a GOAT.

3. Resident Evil 2 - Give it the same atmosphere and lighting that the REmake had, limit ammo supplies, OTS shooting and moving, and updated voice acting. The two scenarios can stay the same.

4. Silent Hill - Total reboot(not a reimaging like Shattered Memories) that goes back to series basics. Explore the large misty town, solve puzzles, transverse the Otherworld when the story demands it. Combat would be something like Siren Blood Curse, where you don't need to hold down a ready button to use weapons, and they don't break like Downpour. Does not have to follow the original Order storyline.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#2DonVito1990Posted 7/20/2014 1:04:28 PM
Metal Gear 1 and 2 have a very good chance of happening since TPP will set up the events of the first game.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#3aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 1:06:56 PM
DonVito1990 posted...
Metal Gear 1 and 2 have a very good chance of happening since TPP will set up the events of the first game.

Maybe. But Kojima has gone on record by saying he doesn't want to do a remake, and that he'd rather let someone else do it.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#4kungfuj0Posted 7/20/2014 1:11:11 PM
1. Def Jam: Icon. First, I would have Kudo Tsunoda taken out back and shot. Then I'd blow up all the stuff they had done with that game and start over, remaking it into the true successor to Def Jam: Fight for New York that it should have been. I would also start production on a Xbone/PS4 Def Jam game.

2. Dragon Age II. First, I give it a proper development cycle. The game was made in about a year and a half, when it probably needed 2-3 times that in order to do it right.

3. Mass Effect 3. No, I'm not just going to redo the ending...I'm gonna redo the whole damn thing! They made TIM a ***** in that game, despite him being built up to be so much better than that throughout the rest of the series. I'd fix that. I'd also fix it so Kia Leng wasn't some Japanime reject character. Some stuff I'd keep, but some stuff would need to be completely redone.

4. Saint's Row 3 and 4. Simply put, they went too far. I'd dial it back a few notches and keep things more in line with Saint's Row 2. It would still be over-the-top and crazy, but it wouldn't be plumb damn goofy like it is in 3 and 4.

5. The Witcher 2. I wouldn't touch the story, but I'd completely redo the gameplay, making it...playable! I never made it past the first couple hours of this game because I couldn't stand its gameplay. That makes me sad because I think I would have liked the story. I'd fix that gameplay thing with a remake.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#5DonVito1990Posted 7/20/2014 5:50:17 PM
aj4x94 posted...
DonVito1990 posted...

Maybe. But Kojima has gone on record by saying he doesn't want to do a remake, and that he'd rather let someone else do it.

Kojima has said a lot of things.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#6UtterMoonPosted 7/20/2014 6:00:36 PM
Kotor I and II, Baldurs Gate, Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights 2...I would love to see all of these on a current console, and I would absolutely love to see them re-textured...Also the Mass Effect series needs to find a home on current gen. systems.
#7iammchammerPosted 7/20/2014 6:02:27 PM
1. bulletstorm

um

2.ff7

can't think of any more right now
---
I Love my PS360
Gamer Tag: RedTurbo0 PSN: RedTurbo0
#8kungfuj0Posted 7/20/2014 7:50:08 PM
UtterMoon posted...
Kotor I and II, Baldurs Gate, Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights 2...I would love to see all of these on a current console, and I would absolutely love to see them re-textured...Also the Mass Effect series needs to find a home on current gen. systems.

I have heard whispers that say ME might show up on xbone/ps4 at some point. Don't take it as gospel, though.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#9ZuuFPosted 7/20/2014 9:02:28 PM
1. Condemned 1 + 2 together as one game (porting 2's combat into 1), with updated graphics, and better sound design (more volumes at more angles with surround sound), with more mannequins that follow you
---
True Christianity is a lifestyle.
I'm waiting for Resident Good, Light Souls, Call of Duty: World at Peace, and Grand Charity Giveaway: Nice City.
#10Rizzman111Posted 7/20/2014 9:08:25 PM
Kotor series, Jade Empire, Deus Ex, Resident Evil 2, Max Payne 1 and 2 -but the atmosphere/ambiance must stay the same! Dick Justice!
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.