Are there any headsets better than the Astro A50s?

#11skermacPosted 7/20/2014 7:50:45 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
skermac posted...
A40's are better imo because you don't have to worry about wireless interference or problems.

Are you 100% happy with it? Even with all the wires? Also, does it have any type of noise or wind guard on it?

Yeah happy, why would I need a wind or noise guard? I only play indoors.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#12Hero_ofTime2010Posted 7/20/2014 8:22:35 PM
Abiz_ posted...
How long do A50s stay charged?

Umm, I believe it just depends on use. I don't know what the stats are, but I'll where them for maybe three different intervals a week, ranging from 1 to 3 hours at a time. I charge them up every week and a half maybe? I'm definitely not disappointed.

And to the poster asking about crackling, when I had A40s, there was crackling. But that was because of an error with Optical Bitstream out on Xbox One, which has been fixed since April I believe. No problems with the A50s at all.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#13Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 9:35:32 PM
skermac posted...
Road_Kill_666 posted...
skermac posted...
A40's are better imo because you don't have to worry about wireless interference or problems.

Are you 100% happy with it? Even with all the wires? Also, does it have any type of noise or wind guard on it?

Yeah happy, why would I need a wind or noise guard? I only play indoors.

My earforce Tango's would pick up my ceiling fan and make it sound very loud for those in my chat party. I had to play with if off and in Texas summer i was seatin my ___s off while gaming. Got rid of those and don't miss them. But still in an apartment so i need something for late night gameplay.
#14SVT52986Posted 7/21/2014 4:13:13 AM
I have a set of A50s and love them. No interference issues and battery lasts me about 6-8hrs per charge. Sound is good albeit a little bass heavy. I recently bought the Steelseries H Wireless which costs the same as the Astros but I actually like them better so far. They are very comfortable and sound a little better in my opinion. The mids and highs are clearer and the bass is not as over powering. They come with 2 battery packs so while one is in the headset, the other is charging in the base. Got about 12hrs on my first battery pack. Some reviews say the overall volume of the Steel series is not loud but for me they are perfect. Even with my Astros I never feel the need to have the volume past about halfway as that seems to be a good volume level that I can use for hours without hurting my ears.
#15GorillaReformedPosted 7/21/2014 6:30:36 PM
I'm 100% happy with my headset and I've already maxxed it out to it's fullest setting, 11.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on
7/17/2014 10:42:10 PM My, how witty and/or original. You spent all day thinking that up, didn't you?