It's genius, XBROS! How to use Your iPhone to Change Channels on Your XBOX ONE!

#1SolnotPosted 7/20/2014 1:16:35 PM
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/07/19/how-to-use-your-iphone-to-change-channels-on-your-xbox-one/

The Xbox One is more than just a competent video game console. The original vision that Microsoft shared with watchers of its Xbox Revealed event put music and video entertainment on the same level as gaming. Mostly, all of this relies on the Xbox Oneís Kinect 2 sensor and the HDMI pass-through port built into the back of the console. Using voice commands makes changing channels on the Xbox One easy, but what if youíre in a room where staying quiet is a must? What if you need to change the volume or turn to ESPN without reaching for the Xbox One controller on the other side of the room. Thatís where Xbox One SmartGlass comes in. Hereís how to use your iPhone to change channels on your Xbox One.

Before we begin. Youíll need a couple of different things for this to work.

The most important of these things is the Xbox One itself. Youíll to have the correct Xbox One bundle to take advantage of these television features. More specifically, youíll need to have purchased the $499 Xbox One bundle or a $399 Xbox One bundle and a Kinect 2 sensor separately. If you didnít purchase the $499 Xbox One bundle thatís ok. Microsoft says it has plans to sell the sensor separately at some point in the future. Though, how much itíll eventually cost remains unclear.

Youíll need the username and password of the Microsoft Account you set up your console with as well. Microsoft Accounts are also used on Windows 8 tablets, desktops and laptops, Outlook.com and Windows Phone smartphones. Unless youíre completely locked out of your Microsoft Account thereís absolutely no need to go and create another. The Microsoft Account you use in the SmartGlass app on your iPhone definitely needs to match the Microsoft Account being used on your Xbox One.

Finally, youíll need the SmartGlass up on your iPhone. You can download it from the iTunes App Store. Itís absolutely free and itís made by Microsoft, not some third-party app maker who you might not be able to trust. That Xbox One needs to be connected to a network, and not just any network will do. Xbox One SmartGlass allows users to check for featured games and television shows. Users can even check their Xbox Live accountís messages from wherever they are. Unfortunately, for Xbox One SmartGlass to let you to change your television set youíll need to be connected to the same network as your Xbox One.

Immediately the Xbox One SmartGlass app will sync your television listings and favorites from your Xbox One. The first screen youíll find is the complete guide view. Itís a total listing of all the shows airing in order of the channel theyíre on. Tap on the right facing arrow to see your favorites channels if youíve assigned any. Tap on the right facing arrow again to see a list of App Channels, theyíre generated by video apps installed on your console. Press the arrow one more time to see a list of recent channels.

At any time you can change the channel to something you want to watch by tapping on it. Depending on whether youíve input all of your device information correctly a universal remote that allows you to change the channel directly on your cable box or watch DVR content also surfaces here in Xbox One SmartGlass.

Have fun with changing channels with the Xbox One SmartGlass app. By default the app will adhere to whatever lock screen settings your iPhone might have. So for example, your iPhone will still lock if you donít use the Xbox One SmartGlass app for an extended period. You can override this and turn an old iPhone into a universal remote by heading into the Settings area from the Xbox One SmartGlass Menu.
#2TheGam3925Posted 7/20/2014 1:24:46 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d746abf7f8b9abe8705866b4cb5532e7/tumblr_mndtl9xGUB1sp4au7o1_500.jpg
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#3zerooo0Posted 7/20/2014 1:27:51 PM
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4rEaPeR_2k4Posted 7/20/2014 1:32:06 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS

keep telling yourself that buddy
---
"Stealing cable is a victimless crime...Like punching someone in the dark." GT:bEg 4 m3Rcy
www.twitch.tv/beg_4_m3rcy
#5MurryEB_Alt1Posted 7/20/2014 1:36:51 PM
What the hell is an XBROS
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#6TheGam3925Posted 7/20/2014 1:39:58 PM
rEaPeR_2k4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS

http://bgr.com/2014/07/01/android-market-share-2014/
---
#7chedibang1994Posted 7/20/2014 1:41:37 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
rEaPeR_2k4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS

Used android until I touched an iphone, android ui sucks
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#8TheGam3925Posted 7/20/2014 1:42:36 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
rEaPeR_2k4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS

I love opinions.
---
#9blacklabelicePosted 7/20/2014 1:45:22 PM
damn. now i have to go and get myself a $600 iphone so i can change the channel on my $500 cable box

how innovative
#10zerooo0Posted 7/20/2014 1:46:34 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
rEaPeR_2k4 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Lol iPhone.

Android>iOS

Best thing about the UI I can change it to however I want. I could copy iOS if I wanted to.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton