How do you feel the good people at Microsoft have managed the Xbox One?

#1Dannyson97Posted 7/20/2014 6:18:06 PM
Do you think they've done a good job? A terrible job? Did they get something super right that it guarantees success or blundered so bad that it had them doomed from the start?
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! http://gifstumblr.com/images/its-morphin-time_1472.gif
#2Mspaul09Posted 7/20/2014 6:35:37 PM
E3 2013 was a huge blunder. Since then they've fixed issues and put out a great system that just keeps getting better.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#3Dannyson97(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 7:08:21 PM
This bump was brought to you by the Sega Saturn.
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! http://gifstumblr.com/images/its-morphin-time_1472.gif
#4Shik_stickPosted 7/20/2014 7:13:49 PM
They have done terrible all around...they have fixed a few things but it's all part of them playing catch up to Sony.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#5ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/20/2014 7:23:07 PM
DRM Box was bogus! Too much flip flopping and lies as well. I may never have bought the DRM box, but that's me. Flipping it around wouldn't have changed my mind. Makes them less trustworthy. To me, they are dead 4 lyfe. They should have stuck to their guns, even if haters hate. Ppl hate on evil wal mart, but that's not stopping their shine. MAKE MONEY
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#6TrickyPonyPosted 7/20/2014 7:25:25 PM
They've done ok
#7yiangaruuugaPosted 7/20/2014 7:28:35 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
DRM Box was bogus! Too much flip flopping and lies as well. I may never have bought the DRM box, but that's me. Flipping it around wouldn't have changed my mind. Makes them less trustworthy. To me, they are dead 4 lyfe. They should have stuck to their guns, even if haters hate. Ppl hate on evil wal mart, but that's not stopping their shine. MAKE MONEY

Actually, Walmart has been in a decline...
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#8quincy2000aPosted 7/20/2014 8:45:43 PM
"Do you think they've done a good job? A terrible job? Did they get something super right that it guarantees success or blundered so bad that it had them doomed from the start?"

Awful job.

They gambled on the Kinect which failed. Once that failed, Microsoft was left with an underpowered system that is currently in catch up mode in terms of power and graphics because it was built on this principle:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

And that, especially because the Kinect has essentially been dumped, puts them closer to (not necessarily in) the "doomed from the start" category.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#9kungfuj0Posted 7/20/2014 9:03:59 PM
They've done a HORRIBLE job with it, IMO.

First and foremost, during system development, make DAMN SURE that the system can run its games in 1080p if you're going to advertise the system as 1080p. That is something they messed up even before all of the bull**** policy stuff started.

Secondly, who in the hell thought that the policies that they were trying to impose on us were good ideas??? Whoever that person/those people are, they need to be painfully and permanently removed from the gaming (or any other) industry. Put them on ditch-digging patrol or something, and even that is probably too good for them.

Thirdly, whoever decided to focus the thing on anything other than gaming should also be put on ditch-digging duty. Xbox is, was, and always will be a GAMING platform. The fact that it can do other stuff is gravy, but the GAMES are the meat. Somebody somewhere forgot that, and they need to be painfully reminded of it.

Fourthly, Kinect??? Really???

I will give them kudos for one thing and one thing only. Somebody somewhere saw what an utter cluster**** this thing was going to be and they moved to stop it. They have reversed a lot of the bad stuff to the point where I, myself, and planning on getting an xbone in a few months.

While it is great that they decided to do that, it still doesn't erase the stench of what they wanted to do at first, and that is part of why I still refer to it as the xbone. This system will forever bare that less than flattering moniker regardless of how much I may end up liking the thing. It will serve as a reminder of what NOT to do when you are getting ready to create and launch something.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#10TehPwnzererPosted 7/20/2014 10:10:28 PM
quincy2000a posted...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

Wow. I never read that article before now. What a terrible, nonsensical rebuttal. So assuming they are being honest in trying to market the box as a multi-media device, they're essentially admitting that they didn't focus on gaming as the primary purpose behind their console and kind of forgot about gamers as a whole.

Even if this was ok with me, the problem with that is, I don't see how weaker hardware gives them an them a tactical edge as a multimedia device when the PS4 busted out better hardware for less cost. It just doesn't make sense.

But chances are this is just more desperate damage control and they've been doing this for every single criticism of the box since its release. They've done more PR spins and 180s than I thought any professional fortune 500 company could.

As for OP, I think it's clear to you what I think of Microsoft's handling of the xbox. I think they pretty much handed this generation over to Sony from the beginning. Admitting that they deliberately put weak hardware into the xbox is not something that a gaming division does.

I don't know what happened to Microsoft. Everything they;re doing now is just falling apart. There's talk of them even thinking of DRMing Windows 10 so that not only will you not remain anonymous while browsing the web, but every movement you make in your windows ecosystem will be monitored. Microsoft has gone off the deep end with their DRM enriched future vision.