How do you feel the good people at Microsoft have managed the Xbox One?

#11quincy2000aPosted 7/20/2014 10:20:33 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
quincy2000a posted...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/22/we-purposefully-did-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-microsoft-3804061/

Wow. I never read that article before now. What a terrible, nonsensical rebuttal. So assuming they are being honest in trying to market the box as a multi-media device, they're essentially admitting that they didn't focus on gaming as the primary purpose behind their console and kind of forgot about gamers as a whole.

Even if this was ok with me, the problem with that is, I don't see how weaker hardware gives them an them a tactical edge as a multimedia device when the PS4 busted out better hardware for less cost. It just doesn't make sense.

But chances are this is just more desperate damage control and they've been doing this for every single criticism of the box since its release. They've done more PR spins and 180s than I thought any professional fortune 500 company could.

As for OP, I think it's clear to you what I think of Microsoft's handling of the xbox. I think they pretty much handed this generation over to Sony from the beginning. Admitting that they deliberately put weak hardware into the xbox is not something that a gaming division does.

I don't know what happened to Microsoft. Everything they;re doing now is just falling apart. There's talk of them even thinking of DRMing Windows 10 so that not only will you not remain anonymous while browsing the web, but every movement you make in your windows ecosystem will be monitored. Microsoft has gone off the deep end with their DRM enriched future vision.

The article was from May of 2013, before I noticed any articles about performance/graphics/fps, so I don't think they were in damage control about those back then.

Someone gave me the article--after I had my Day One edition already. If I had seen it, since I didn't want the Kinect, it might have prevented my purchase.

Those features you mention about Windows 10 are really frightening. I'm not sure what the heck is going on at that company now.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#12Omega_BlackPosted 7/20/2014 10:22:15 PM
From the reveal until about maybe four months ago was awful.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#13ZemataPosted 7/20/2014 10:35:32 PM
Wasn't going to buy it until they undid their policies. Bought one at launch and I'm very satisfied with the updates and improvement its been getting. Hopefully it keeps up and keeps gradually getting better. Very satisfied but it had a slow start.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things.
soundcloud.com/zemata = My music things.
#14HorridhalPosted 7/20/2014 10:54:38 PM
Poorly at best.

Would be more inclined to call it a train wreck though. They've finally started fixing things, though, so I guess we will see.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.