Look at the Xbox One in my link & discuss its looks vs sales

#1ave1Posted 7/20/2014 6:52:48 PM(edited)
if X1 had been designed with artistry on it, what positive effect would result - Results (34 votes)
Major difference in sales- the look of a console is major!
5.88% (2 votes)
Moderate difference in sales - the look of a console is effectively able to bring addt'l purchases
20.59% (7 votes)
Not a factor- the fact that X1 looks like a VCR is not affecting sales
67.65% (23 votes)
The graphic artist brush is a tool that might inhibit people from a console purchase
5.88% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Take a look at the link and judge whether X1 should have been decked out with artistry on par with this to convince potential buyers that it is worth owning: http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/3/6/5479628/xbox-one-titanfall-console-respawn-employees

Would this be a factor in a positive direction? How about not a factor or have a negative effect?
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#2ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 6:55:45 PM
I'm not really stating the artwork would necessarily have to be a promoter of a particular game, but just stylistically like this picture...
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#3DonVito1990Posted 7/20/2014 7:00:23 PM
Anything is better than it's color scheme now, and I really like the console itself.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#4ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 1:41:06 PM
I really don't mind it being black and only positioned down in a horizontal position... But adding some style to it would have made me like the appearance more.
---
#5blunderminePosted 7/21/2014 1:56:08 PM
It's a non factor for me. I don't spend hours on end staring at the console. I stare at what comes out of it.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 7/21/2014 1:58:12 PM
I quite enjoy the basic black and utilitarian design of the console as is. It blends in with the rest of the AV gear in my media center quite well without looking like the toy it is, unlike the ps4 and Wii u sitting next to it.

I am not a fan of the garish Titanfall design at all.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7redditon4chanPosted 7/21/2014 2:07:54 PM
I like the way it looks, honestly.

Do I wish it was smaller though? Yes. Oh yes.