Why would I buy the Xbox One?

#11_MrENigma_Posted 7/21/2014 5:32:16 AM
Hey guys, should I go with the white socks today or the black ones? I, I just can't seem to figure anything out for myself. I wish I had a mind of my own. :-/

Seriously though, get what YOU want to get. It's obvious you DON'T want an Xbox one so just stick to PC or go and get a PS4 that you can look at until games arrive sometime next year.
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#12Tajaz2426Posted 7/21/2014 5:36:51 AM
They are gaming consoles, not a life depending decision. Simple, you either want a console for the games or you do not. Consoles play video games and you have to be interested in those to buy them.

I don't have an X1, because I'm not interested in the games. I have a PS4, because I'm interested in the games. My youngest son has an X1, because he is interested in the games.

This isn't Metaphysics and trying to understand why we are, and why we exist. It is a gaming console.

You know you don't want an X1, yet you come here and start a topic to start BS that doesn't need to be started, being immature like a child, instead of being a respectful adult and not even making a topic about the issue.

Be an adult and come here to conversation about games and the hardware, not make foolish troll topics, that make you seem like an unintelligent child.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#13Rancid_SkankPosted 7/21/2014 5:37:51 AM
Iemander posted...
Well it's more that I don't understand what Microsoft is planning. The Xbox One simply isn't very attractive, there's not really anything that makes it jump out and make you interested in the platform.

Games.

You're not going to be able to play Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound and whatever else is in the pipeline without one.

If you're not interested in those games, don't get one. If you are, do. It's that simple really.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#14RS_YELARAKAPosted 7/21/2014 6:01:40 AM
1. Why do you think we care?

2. Search the other topics regarding this same exact post lol.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
#15Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:06:48 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Its a laptop. in the PC world that (usually) means he would be regarded akin to that of a Wii U user on the PS4 Boards. Except his Wii U cost more money than a PC of similar specs. What im trying to say is. This fellow makes bad decisions with his money. So WHY NOT buy an Xbox One? The rush you get from splashing that cash will be enough to keep you juiced up for at-least 45 minutes right?

I've got both really, you can see them next to each other. Just like all of the consoles I own right underneath it.

My laptop is for my work btw, I need a serious laptop for my job.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#16Iemander(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:08:58 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
Iemander posted...
Well it's more that I don't understand what Microsoft is planning. The Xbox One simply isn't very attractive, there's not really anything that makes it jump out and make you interested in the platform.

Games.

You're not going to be able to play Halo, Gears, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound and whatever else is in the pipeline without one.

If you're not interested in those games, don't get one. If you are, do. It's that simple really.

That's a huge amount of money to pay for just a couple of games, most people will just be interested in some of those and many of the exclusives of today will be multiplatform tomorrow.
---
PC: i7-3820 | GTX 780 | 16GB DDR3 ---- Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | i7-3740QM | Quadro K3000M | 16GB DDR3
360 | PS3 | WII | DS | 3DS | Vita
#17quincy2000aPosted 7/21/2014 6:20:04 AM
Iemander posted...
Just wondering, is there any reason why I should get the Xbox One for my multiplatform titles (Don't care at all for the exclusives)?

As far as I know, the Xbox 360 is still getting many many games. And if I want something prettier I'm better off with the PS4.

If you have no other preferences to consider, my opinion is to get the PS4 if you are interested in mostly multiplats--if you're purchasing now. I own both systems and the PS4 handles the multiplat graphics better, that's why I bought a PS4 even though I owned the X1.

Supposedly Microsoft is working on improving the graphic performance of the X1--but the PS4 is your best buy right now.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#18ChrisCanuckPosted 7/21/2014 6:37:14 AM
Cutting through all the BS here, if you already have xbox live for the 360, it might be worth your while to get an Xbox One. If you're used to the 360 controller and if you like to play online, and you have more friends that play online with an Xbox One, get an Xbox One. If you have more friends that play on ps4 get that instead.
There isn't much of a difference in graphics, though the wacko fan boys of each console with tell you different, exclusives aside, it's all the same thing, seriously.
#19VanderZooPosted 7/21/2014 6:52:32 AM
You might prefer the controller. But the big advantage XB1 has that no other platform does is its TV integration. Plug your cable box into your Xbox, boom, it's all in one.

You can turn everything on just with your Xbox One and you can run TV and games on your Xbox simultaneously:

http://www.teamfightingmongoose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Xbox-One-Snap-to-TV.jpg
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#20chedibang1994Posted 7/21/2014 7:31:58 AM
You are a PC user you will dumb down to consoles? You are a fool!
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay