Man...That Guacameele is just a flat out fun game

#1EllesarienPosted 7/21/2014 8:22:22 AM(edited)
The music, the dialogue and the levels really take you back.

I D/L'd yesterday just to try it out and ended up hooked for over 4 hours. I love when games surprise you like that. I know that it has gotten some great praise from most that have played it but if you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend giving it a go.

Good old school game (Boss Fights FTW!) with some decent challenging parts for sure.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/21/2014 8:23:42 AM
Ellesarien posted...

To when? Seriously, what game does this resemble to you?
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#3POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/21/2014 8:29:37 AM
I'm glad you're enjoying it! A great free game if you have an Xone right now. I just got the last achievement yesterday myself, definitely worth a DL.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#4Ellesarien(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 8:30:50 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Whoa....Just the genre of side scroll games champ. That ok with you?

The levels kinda remind me of Earthworm Jim. Is that a valid enough comparison for you or is that just going to scrunch those panties even tighter?

Board is like a haven for the most dysfunctional gamers on the planet. Our own special little gaming Easter Island.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#5cheezedadadaPosted 7/21/2014 8:49:59 AM
50% of my time on the Vita boards in 2013 was dedicated to telling everyone how amazing Guacamelee is. The STCE version that came out with all the new areas and DLC was even better. Awesome game all around in my opinion.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#6MRL3G3NDPosted 7/21/2014 8:53:30 AM
yeah death to the side scrollers technology is supposed to move forward blow your mind...now games that can be played on your mobile phone are getting 9's on a 8GB system...

funny how sheepish and hypocritical the gaming industry is...one moment AAA games are being dinged for being too linear

now everyone is on the retro bandwagon where you can basically only go in one direction lmao
---
Watch_Dogs-BAD MOFO LOW DOWN (X1)
http://youtu.be/O_S1dUhXb0g
#7SacTown52Posted 7/21/2014 9:01:18 AM(edited)
Can any one help me. I'm in sierra morena where you are supposed to goat fly to hey top the jaguar. When i do i enter a room that has spikes at the bottom and ticking bombs.

I have watched a couple youtube vids but this never appears. I cannot get passed this.
#8Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/21/2014 9:55:45 AM(edited)
Ellesarien posted...

I'm not attacking you. That seriously was supposed to show that the question was serious as I didn't get the feeling of nostalgic throwback that others apparently did. That's all...

You don't have to go crying because I asked you a f***ing question.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/21/2014 10:02:20 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ellesarien posted...

The levels kinda remind me of Earthworm Jim. Is that a valid enough comparison for you or is that just going to scrunch those panties even tighter?

Board is like a haven for the most dysfunctional gamers on the planet. Our own special little gaming Easter Island.

tone it down a little there crazy
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#10Ellesarien(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 10:21:09 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
yeah death to the side scrollers technology is supposed to move forward blow your mind...now games that can be played on your mobile phone are getting 9's on a 8GB system...

funny how sheepish and hypocritical the gaming industry is...one moment AAA games are being dinged for being too linear

now everyone is on the retro bandwagon where you can basically only go in one direction lmao

Some of us (the lucky ones it seems) just play games to have fun. This game is fun and thus I enjoy playing it. It is literally amazing what happens to ANY positive thread on this board.

So miserable.
---