The one time I enjoyed reading a Jim Sterling article:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadly-premonition-165168.phtml
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#22maddawg223Posted 7/21/2014 9:26:32 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
maddawg223 posted...
Jim sterling is pretty sad. If he actually read the company actions he will see they did apologize by going back and changing its policies. They apologized through actions! They actually listened to the consumer and our wallets. It seems like game journalists have nothing else to do but complain.

No, they didn't. They're only making a lot of changes because they have to; They didn't exactly do this from the goodness from their hearts.

Plus they NEVER apologized for anything & still blames consumers for not accepting their "vision."

You must have skipped the part where I said consumers spoke with their wallets and microsoft saw this and changes the policies.

but hey read what you want to read. We all are biased in some ways
---
XboxGT: MaDDawg223/ Steam/PSN: trellmix223
Model: G75VX; Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @2.40GHz (8 CPUs), 2.4GHz;GTX 670MX ;dedicated Memory: 3GB
#23PizzatarianPosted 7/21/2014 9:30:25 AM
/u/Norcetto:

You know, I usually enjoy taking Jim's show and debating his points... but this one is a bit different, because the entire point of this video can be shot down by one very simple concept.

A lie is being dishonest with the intent to mislead.

If the Kinect was required for core OS functions when they said that the Kinect was required for core OS functions, then they weren't lying.

If the device is redesigned and the entire design intention is re-approached, the original statement wasn't a lie. It was just something that was correct based on current information.

If you asked me when I was in high school to name the planets, I would have included Pluto. Since then, Pluto has been reclassified and is not a planet. That doesn't mean I was a liar when I said that it was. I was just going on the information that was present at the time based on our understanding.

What's worse is that Jim is taking things that have been incredibly positive for this industry as a whole and spinning them to be bad. These turnarounds have encouraged things like ID@Xbox and the uservoice website. A stream of updates and preview programs that change based on feedback from the consumers.

It's putting Microsoft in an un-winnable position. They either stuck by their policies and were a terrible, anti consumer company. Or they changed them, and they're liars and cheats.

Jim Sterling is favoring unrealistic idealism over pragmatism.

But, of course, that's what Jim Sterling does.
-

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2bb46w/jimquisition_the_xbox_one_a_lying_failure_machine/cj3k8e5
---
"When you work with your hands, you'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#24CalistoCoonPosted 7/21/2014 9:31:13 AM
maddawg223 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
maddawg223 posted...
Jim sterling is pretty sad. If he actually read the company actions he will see they did apologize by going back and changing its policies. They apologized through actions! They actually listened to the consumer and our wallets. It seems like game journalists have nothing else to do but complain.

No, they didn't. They're only making a lot of changes because they have to; They didn't exactly do this from the goodness from their hearts.

Plus they NEVER apologized for anything & still blames consumers for not accepting their "vision."

You must have skipped the part where I said consumers spoke with their wallets and microsoft saw this and changes the policies.

but hey read what you want to read. We all are biased in some ways

Changing your policy because it's failing, isn't the same as admitting you lied to consumers and then turn around and blamed them for not seeing their vision for the console.

It would be like say Microsoft stole your wallet and then when confronted on it they just say "Hey, we wouldn't of stolen it if you just gave it to us, besides at least we didn't stab you also, here you can have your wallet back."

That's not an apology.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#25BPSatsukiPosted 7/21/2014 9:33:23 AM
one lying failure machine ....lol

damn that's harsh
#26Shinobi120Posted 7/21/2014 9:37:26 AM(edited)
maddawg223 posted...

But hey read what you want to read. We all are biased in some ways

I'm just calling it out for what it is. Don't get mad because you're butthurt & expect me to sugarcoat the situation just to make you feel better. That's not going to happen.

CalistoCoon posted...
Changing your policy because it's failing, isn't the same as admitting you lied to consumers and then turn around and blamed them for not seeing their vision for the console.

It would be like say Microsoft stole your wallet and then when confronted on it they just say "Hey, we wouldn't of stolen it if you just gave it to us, besides at least we didn't stab you also, here you can have your wallet back."

That's not an apology.

Thank you. Exactly what I was trying to get at.
#27googlerPosted 7/21/2014 9:34:29 AM
What the **** is Jimquisition?
#28CalistoCoonPosted 7/21/2014 9:38:00 AM
googler posted...
What the **** is Jimquisition?

The voice of the people, the messiah, the sole decider on who wins the console wars, I can't believe you haven't heard of him, I actually kind of pity you.

He's a guy with an opinion show, who puts on a persona of being an egotistical jerk, although his opinions tend to be pretty valid or at least something you can have fun debating.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#29MRL3G3NDPosted 7/21/2014 9:40:44 AM
its sad how many people cannot see through Microsoft and what they tried to do...
I actually felt sorry for company front man larry hyrb ...who was forced to defend the lies

Microsoft lied a bunch of times...they said the system was built around Kinect, it wouldn't function without Kinect...it was built from the ground up with Kinect so it was basically not Kinect it WAS the XB1

all lies

This is typical of Microsoft as a company...they absolutely do not believe in market research or product testing LMAO...they will release a product that sounds good on paper...but actually fails at practicality (see Windows 8, Zune, surface)...THEN TRY TO CONVINCE YOU ITS WORTH!!!

they could have asked 1000 gamers about their policies and would have gotten the answer without embarrassing the crap out of themselves...

they tried to release a machine that would capture the casual audience...failed, and now they are retooling to recapture the gaming audience...but that boat wasn't built for that...so now they have to limp through this gen with an inferior product
---
Watch_Dogs-BAD MOFO LOW DOWN (X1)
http://youtu.be/O_S1dUhXb0g
#30maddawg223Posted 7/21/2014 9:45:51 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
maddawg223 posted...

But hey read what you want to read. We all are biased in some ways

I'm just calling it out for what it is. Don't get mad because you're butthurt & expect me to sugarcoat the situation just to make you feel better. That's not going to happen.

CalistoCoon posted...

That's not an apology.

Thank you. Exactly what I was trying to get at.

Changing policies is the same as admitting fault.

How come when you debate with someone they always tend to insult the person they are debating. I'm not "butthurt". I'm pointing out the biased articles that have been floating around lately. Its blatantly biased at that. Its seems some people don't know what they want or when they get it, they whine about how they got it.
---
XboxGT: MaDDawg223/ Steam/PSN: trellmix223
Model: G75VX; Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @2.40GHz (8 CPUs), 2.4GHz;GTX 670MX ;dedicated Memory: 3GB