DOOM Xbox One will be "nitpicked to death" if we show gameplay too soon

#21BryanPS360Posted 7/21/2014 5:25:03 PM
Mogga123_5 posted...
Lovely click bait article there.

Take out the xbox one part and then you have the truth. They fear the whole game will be nice picked the death, not just the game on one platform.

This. I don't know why the article header points at the Xbox One version specifically. The guy was talking about the game in general and why they aren't willing/ready to reveal it to the public.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
#22OkayPlayer1Posted 7/21/2014 5:34:00 PM
Laylow12 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
If the disparity between the XBOX ONE and the PS4 wasn't so great, to effect things like resolution, frame rate, screen tearing all being worse on the XBOX ONE then this wouldn't come up for every multi platform game. The blame lies with the people who designed the console for TV and cable above all, not the game communities reaction to it.

You do know that the graphical disparities between consoles were much more prevalent in every prior generation, even 360 vs PS3, but that conversation has never taken the forefront until this gen, right? In the same way that the graphical difference between generations lessens with each new gen, the difference between each of the consoles in each new gen lessens as well, but fanboys (and you know what category you fall under even if you act aloof) act like it's the end all be all for games nowadays.

That's because the disparity is greater than ever this gen. Last gen there were comparison articles when there was a difference between games that was noticeable. Now, EVERY SINGLE AAA TITLE is better on the PS4 and this is new territory for the media and consumers alike. Again, its not the media and communities fault. It's the TV and cable focus where Microsoft lost their way.

You have it backwards lol, whether every AAA game is or not, the graphical disparity has not increased between consoles, the difference between is LESS this gen then prior gens, in the same way graphical improvement between gens is limited in its own right. You're honestly gonna tell me that that this analysis of RDR (a later gen game when devs are accustomed to the hardware) shows a less pronounced difference than any MP game this gen? You're delusional!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-red-dead-redemption-face-off

The difference is less then 360 vs PS3 but fanboys *coughyoucough* treat it like its PS3 vs SNES graphics cause there's really no other differentiating factor. Both are great systems that okay great games. I refer you to my car analogy earlier.
#23Laylow12Posted 7/21/2014 5:40:14 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
If the disparity between the XBOX ONE and the PS4 wasn't so great, to effect things like resolution, frame rate, screen tearing all being worse on the XBOX ONE then this wouldn't come up for every multi platform game. The blame lies with the people who designed the console for TV and cable above all, not the game communities reaction to it.

You do know that the graphical disparities between consoles were much more prevalent in every prior generation, even 360 vs PS3, but that conversation has never taken the forefront until this gen, right? In the same way that the graphical difference between generations lessens with each new gen, the difference between each of the consoles in each new gen lessens as well, but fanboys (and you know what category you fall under even if you act aloof) act like it's the end all be all for games nowadays.

That's because the disparity is greater than ever this gen. Last gen there were comparison articles when there was a difference between games that was noticeable. Now, EVERY SINGLE AAA TITLE is better on the PS4 and this is new territory for the media and consumers alike. Again, its not the media and communities fault. It's the TV and cable focus where Microsoft lost their way.

You have it backwards lol, whether every AAA game is or not, the graphical disparity has not increased between consoles, the difference between is LESS this gen then prior gens, in the same way graphical improvement between gens is limited in its own right. You're honestly gonna tell me that that this analysis of RDR (a later gen game when devs are accustomed to the hardware) shows a less pronounced difference than any MP game this gen? You're delusional!

The difference is less then 360 vs PS3 but fanboys *coughyoucough* treat it like its PS3 vs SNES graphics cause there's really no other differentiating factor. Both are great systems that okay great games. I refer you to my car analogy earlier.

I put my hand upon your hip. I dip, you dip, we dip.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:13:42 PM
^ "Hold on to those rushed games from last year if makes you feel better - things are getting serious now. Time to face reality."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69691880?page=7

That glorious Destiny topic, I love kicking some ass
#25OkayPlayer1Posted 7/21/2014 6:26:22 PM
Laylow12 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

I put my hand upon your hip. I dip, you dip, we dip.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

I put my hand upon the keyboard, you troll, I laugh, you change topics, the gaming community stays laughable.

How about responding to a single thing in my post vs posting a link that is entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand? (I'll give you a helping hand, the topic is decreased differences in graphical disparity vs prior gen, yet a vehement increased focus by fanboys that takes away the focus from the actual games themselves, try and keep up).
#26Laylow12Posted 7/21/2014 6:39:04 PM
OkayPlayer1 posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
http://www.totalxbox.com/79543/doom-xbox-one-will-be-nitpicked-to-death-if-we-show-gameplay-too-soon-worries-id-software/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFwpFvyAY3c

So we won't see anything thanks to Digital Foundry and their 'bash Xbox for clicks' agenda. Great.

I didn't read that in the article at all, but I do agree with the sentiment as to how it's changed how games are marketed and viewed for the worse, and taken irrelevant info (prerelease resolutions ie Destiny beta lol) and brought it to the forefront whereas the game itself (you know, gameplay, story, characters etc) has been put on the back burner or disregarded entirely by some outlets if it's not 1080p60fps

You didn't even read the article and you're telling me I don't know what the topic is about. Would you like to try again and read the article this time so you don't get embarrassed? LOL

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#27mike468Posted 7/21/2014 6:55:34 PM(edited)
FOXSOLID posted...
Just alludes to the fact that XB1 has substantially inferior hardware compared to the PS4.

Don't blame Digital Foundry for exposing it's flaws, it looks childish. The people have a right to know and I'm glad there is a site that informs the people.

Funny, where were they on launch day, when Guerrilla Games where lying about Killzone Shadowfall's performance?! Took over 3 months to out them as blatant lairs, yet it's cool they're exposing XBO's flaws before games are even released?!
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#28OkayPlayer1Posted 7/21/2014 6:53:35 PM
Laylow12 posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
http://www.totalxbox.com/79543/doom-xbox-one-will-be-nitpicked-to-death-if-we-show-gameplay-too-soon-worries-id-software/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFwpFvyAY3c

So we won't see anything thanks to Digital Foundry and their 'bash Xbox for clicks' agenda. Great.

I didn't read that in the article at all, but I do agree with the sentiment as to how it's changed how games are marketed and viewed for the worse, and taken irrelevant info (prerelease resolutions ie Destiny beta lol) and brought it to the forefront whereas the game itself (you know, gameplay, story, characters etc) has been put on the back burner or disregarded entirely by some outlets if it's not 1080p60fps

You didn't even read the article and you're telling me I don't know what the topic is about. Would you like to try again and read the article this time so you don't get embarrassed? LOL

Do you have reading comprehension skills? I specifically said "I didn't read that in the article" but since you obviously do have trouble I'll help again. Since it was in response to a quote from the TC in the OP, specifically I bolded this "So we won't see anything thanks to Digital Foundry and their 'bash Xbox for clicks' agenda. Great." it meant that I didn't read "that" or I didn't read what the TC implied in the OP that I bolded. Following along? Obviously I would have had to read the article if I didnt read what the TC implied, but at this point I'm not sure you'll understand anyway. And go ahead and keep neglecting what I actually said, change the topic all you want lol.
#29Silver2003Posted 7/21/2014 7:07:29 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/471870/doom-reboot-unlikely-to-be-shown-again-until-2015/

Should have gone with this article since Doom's showing to non-Quakecon attendees (or lackthereof) has nothing to do with Xbox One since it would be the PC version of the game being shown anyways.
---
All consoles I've owned: SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Xbox 360, Xbox One
#30Silver2003Posted 7/21/2014 7:09:54 PM
"We're working with them to say, 'How does this work? What do we want to show?' And they're like, 'Look, we don't want a stream to go up for a game that isn't at the point where we would formally show it to the world, and now that thing is getting picked apart, and digested, and gone through frame-by-frame and getting nitpicked to death, when normally we wouldn't be showing this to anybody at all.'"

From the article. I suppose we could blame Digital Foundry to some extent for us not being able to see the game.
---
All consoles I've owned: SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Xbox 360, Xbox One