DOOM Xbox One will be "nitpicked to death" if we show gameplay too soon

#41mike468Posted 7/22/2014 1:12:00 AM(edited)
FOXSOLID posted...
mike468 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Just alludes to the fact that XB1 has substantially inferior hardware compared to the PS4.

Don't blame Digital Foundry for exposing it's flaws, it looks childish. The people have a right to know and I'm glad there is a site that informs the people.

Funny, where were they on launch day, when Guerrilla Games where lying about Killzone Shadowfall's performance?! Took over 3 months to out them as blatant lairs, yet it's cool they're exposing XBO's flaws before games are even released?!

I don't know what the hell you're even talking about. I don't own or play Killzone.

Oh, please. You act like Digital Foundry is doing a service to the community by exposing all these "flaws" in games, particularly XBO games. Sometimes months even before a game is actually released, while it is still knee deep in active game development.

As for Killzone: Shadowfall, this is exactly what I'm talking about:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Multiplayer-1080i-PS4-62580.html

If there doing such a bang-up job at exposing a game's flaws, why did it take over 3 months for it come out that Killzone: Shadowfall isn't even running at 1080p?

**** Eurogamer should be discredited completely for the fact that they blatantly lied themselves in their initial review of the game, claiming it was running at 1080p and only months later doing a follow up and correcting the game's resolution, which is 1080i. That's a huge ******* difference there. But let's keep the status quo of the PS4 doing 1080p 60 fps.

All the Sony fan's want to argue and gloat that the PS4 is the better system, when in reality the system has shown it can struggle to do 1080p/60fps in a number of instances. The system isn't as vast superior as you all claim.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#42NeoMonkPosted 7/22/2014 1:06:11 AM
First off.... Survival of the fittest....

Secondly... Are you arguing against informed customers? They shouldn't know which console provides you with the best experience and visuals?

Are you really trying to make that case to defend your team?....

sad sad stuff...
---
*Demands Sony and Nintendo release NEW games but is excited to play 10 year old remakes in Halo Collection* -XBOX1 Forums
#43JohnWall32Posted 7/22/2014 1:10:42 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
It's not Digital Foundry's fault PS4 versions trounce the Xbox One's.

indeed
---
Board User Level: Legend
#44schmarkenheimerPosted 7/22/2014 5:11:04 AM
ITT: information on differences between platforms is bad. I wonder if people would've objected 10 years ago. This reminds me of the PS2 v Xbox debates so much, PS2 fanboys saying graphics don't matter and now? Xbox fanboys saying the same thing.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto-Series/San-Andreas-PS2-Comparison-to-Xbox-version/td-p/3678951

"lol, seriously. What's the big deal in a game like Grand Theft Auto if the shadows are off a bit. I could see in a game like Splinter Cell where the shadow's need to be perfect but come on. Sure, it's nice to have little details of graphics here and there but I wouldn't say one version is better than another because of it."

Graphics didn't matter 10 years ago when the PS2 was worse (but they did for the Xbox because they were better). Now "DF so bad why they bash Xbox? Graphics don't matter gameplay does". X1 fanboys crying about graphics not mattering.

It's history repeating itself and it's hilarious and it's been happening for decades.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#45bridog346Posted 7/22/2014 5:17:34 AM
Regardless of which system is more powerful or which version is better, comparing a preview build of game months and even years from completion is absurd and nothing but clickbait.
---
The destruction of everything is the beginning of something new.
#46Jedi454Posted 7/22/2014 5:23:50 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
ITT: information on differences between platforms is bad. I wonder if people would've objected 10 years ago. This reminds me of the PS2 v Xbox debates so much, PS2 fanboys saying graphics don't matter and now? Xbox fanboys saying the same thing.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto-Series/San-Andreas-PS2-Comparison-to-Xbox-version/td-p/3678951

"lol, seriously. What's the big deal in a game like Grand Theft Auto if the shadows are off a bit. I could see in a game like Splinter Cell where the shadow's need to be perfect but come on. Sure, it's nice to have little details of graphics here and there but I wouldn't say one version is better than another because of it."

Graphics didn't matter 10 years ago when the PS2 was worse (but they did for the Xbox because they were better). Now "DF so bad why they bash Xbox? Graphics don't matter gameplay does". X1 fanboys crying about graphics not mattering.

It's history repeating itself and it's hilarious and it's been happening for decades.

One console was always going to be more powerful than the other, there have never been identical specs competitors. People just have to accept that and not troll another console because of it's specs.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#47mike468Posted 7/22/2014 5:29:48 AM
bridog346 posted...
Regardless of which system is more powerful or which version is better, comparing a preview build of game months and even years from completion is absurd and nothing but clickbait.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm all for comparisons the way sites like gamespot used to do them. They where at least unbiased and fair in the way they presented the info and did a thorough job of it. The way Digital Foundry actually handles it it completely biased an absurd.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#48Engineer-samaPosted 7/22/2014 6:00:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49bridog346Posted 7/22/2014 6:06:46 AM
Well the trolls come off as even more petty coming to an Xbox board and boasting about PlayStation just to start some stupid pointless debate. Xbox may be weaker but I have way more fun with it than the PlayStation and if some stranger is mad about that then that's just weird.
---
The destruction of everything is the beginning of something new.
#50Miiri0Posted 7/22/2014 6:21:32 AM
bridog346 posted...
Well the trolls come off as even more petty coming to an Xbox board and boasting about PlayStation just to start some stupid pointless debate. Xbox may be weaker but I have way more fun with it than the PlayStation and if some stranger is mad about that then that's just weird.

I dont think ponies are mad about anything. Think about it.

They have superior console, superior multiplats, superior sales sales, superior exclusives, superior everything. All i see here mostly xbox fanboy butthurting whenever ps4 is mentioned in any form. Lol