DOOM Xbox One will be "nitpicked to death" if we show gameplay too soon

#51kingofjamaicaPosted 7/22/2014 6:35:38 AM
mike468 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Just alludes to the fact that XB1 has substantially inferior hardware compared to the PS4.

Don't blame Digital Foundry for exposing it's flaws, it looks childish. The people have a right to know and I'm glad there is a site that informs the people.

Funny, where were they on launch day, when Guerrilla Games where lying about Killzone Shadowfall's performance?! Took over 3 months to out them as blatant lairs, yet it's cool they're exposing XBO's flaws before games are even released?!

Guerrilla Games never lied about Killzone Shadowfall. They never claimed locked 60fps, and they are outputting a native 1920x1080 image every frame.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#52BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 6:38:57 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
ITT: information on differences between platforms is bad. I wonder if people would've objected 10 years ago. This reminds me of the PS2 v Xbox debates so much, PS2 fanboys saying graphics don't matter and now? Xbox fanboys saying the same thing.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto-Series/San-Andreas-PS2-Comparison-to-Xbox-version/td-p/3678951

"lol, seriously. What's the big deal in a game like Grand Theft Auto if the shadows are off a bit. I could see in a game like Splinter Cell where the shadow's need to be perfect but come on. Sure, it's nice to have little details of graphics here and there but I wouldn't say one version is better than another because of it."

Graphics didn't matter 10 years ago when the PS2 was worse (but they did for the Xbox because they were better). Now "DF so bad why they bash Xbox? Graphics don't matter gameplay does". X1 fanboys crying about graphics not mattering.

It's history repeating itself and it's hilarious and it's been happening for decades.

We don't cry about it - graphics DO matter, so much that those who started the 'pee war' are already regretting it, canceling pre orders, crying out loud on SonyGAF and all that salty stuff. Too late now.

Sony fanboys are the joke of the internet. I can only laugh at those dumb f****. The message was clear enough: "There is no way..."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80168873&postcount=708

But that's not the point of the topic. See comment #45 - that's the point.
#53mike468Posted 7/22/2014 7:57:32 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
mike468 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
Just alludes to the fact that XB1 has substantially inferior hardware compared to the PS4.

Don't blame Digital Foundry for exposing it's flaws, it looks childish. The people have a right to know and I'm glad there is a site that informs the people.

Funny, where were they on launch day, when Guerrilla Games where lying about Killzone Shadowfall's performance?! Took over 3 months to out them as blatant lairs, yet it's cool they're exposing XBO's flaws before games are even released?!

Guerrilla Games never lied about Killzone Shadowfall. They never claimed locked 60fps, and they are outputting a native 1920x1080 image every frame.

Are you blind as a ******* bat?! Read the damn article. The MP part of the game runs at 1080i.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Multiplayer-1080i-PS4-62580.html
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#54Exodus_PrimePosted 7/22/2014 8:18:07 AM
mike468 posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
mike468 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Are you blind as a ******* bat?! Read the damn article. The MP part of the game runs at 1080i.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Multiplayer-1080i-PS4-62580.html

Somebody lied, and the guy you quoted just looks the other way. On the back of the box of the game I bought says 1080P 60FPS as advertised. Them 180s from both sides are hilarious.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#55EllesarienPosted 7/22/2014 8:30:17 AM(edited)
Is it actually ok to talk about the game Doom in here or are games no longer the reason people come here now?

As far as the new Doom goes....I actually am glad they are holding off until they have something close to the final product. I think most devs would be smart to do it this way from now on TBH.

I mean Alpha and Beta builds now just get destroyed so the possible benefits of releasing video in order to garner hype no longer outweighs the negative of the graphic clowns that trash alpha builds now.

But just this news made me install the last Doom and start it again on my PC. The atmosphere is great if the "scares" are a bit cheap.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#56SoulTrapperPosted 7/22/2014 8:33:32 AM(edited)
mike468 posted...
kingofjamaica posted...
mike468 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

The Killzone devs addressed the misunderstanding:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/killzone-shadow-fall-dev-addresses-multiplayer-resolution

"In both SP and MP, Killzone Shadow Fall outputs a full, unscaled 1080p image at up to 60fps," Torkan said. "Native is often used to indicate images that are not scaled; it is native by that definition.

"In multiplayer mode, however, we use a technique called 'temporal reprojection', which combines pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames to reconstruct a full 1080p image. If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.

So it's not really 1080i, but it's not 1080p, either.
#57mike468Posted 7/22/2014 8:46:18 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/killzone-shadow-fall-dev-addresses-multiplayer-resolution

"In both SP and MP, Killzone Shadow Fall outputs a full, unscaled 1080p image at up to 60fps," Torkan said. "Native is often used to indicate images that are not scaled; it is native by that definition.

"In multiplayer mode, however, we use a technique called 'temporal reprojection', which combines pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames to reconstruct a full 1080p image. If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.

Please. I've seen that and it's straight up marketing BS, so they can justify lying about it. No matter which way anyone from Sony's side try to twist things and changing the defintion, calling it 'temporal reprojection', because they are mixing rendered frames of both lower and higher resolution to output at a higher resolution. It's not native 1080p. It's a marketing term because they couldn't hit 1080p/60fps native.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#58SoulTrapperPosted 7/22/2014 8:58:43 AM(edited)
mike468 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Please. I've seen that and it's straight up marketing BS, so they can justify lying about it. No matter which way anyone from Sony's side try to twist things and changing the defintion, calling it 'temporal reprojection', because they are mixing rendered frames of both lower and higher resolution to output at a higher resolution. It's not native 1080p. It's a marketing term because they couldn't hit 1080p/60fps native.

Irregardless of that, they never lied: it's unscaled 1080p.

I'm sure you've got some actual article that states what they said is nothing but marketing, right?
Or is that just you being unwilling to accept a logical explanation?
#59kingofjamaicaPosted 7/22/2014 9:06:41 AM
mike468 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

If you're going to that extent, then basically no modern games are 1080p native, as they almost always, somewhere, have a portion of the screen rendered at lower resolution, which is then combined with the rendered frame, and then pushed out to the screen.

The image they're rendering is still 1920x1080. No interlacing. Interlacing implies one frame they're showing half the pixels, and the next frame they're showing the other half. That's not what they're doing.

Is the image as pristine as a natural 1920x1080 frame where each pixel is re-rendered every time? No, there's artifacts and a slight blur. Doesn't change the fact that they're constructing a 1080p image, they're just doing it using pixels from previous frames. If the pixel is identical to the old frame, there's really no need to re-render it.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#60BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 9:11:59 AM
For those trying to damage control the KZSF fiasco, here's what you need to know.

"The Titanfall beta which received some flack from “insiders” was running at 1408 pixels by 792 pixels which gives us 1,115,136 pixels

The multiplayer for Killzone Shadow Fall was running at 960 pixels by 1080 pixels which yields 1,036,800 pixels placing it UNDER the Titanfall BETA. With only a 115,200 pixel difference between Killzone and 720p, I think its safe to say the game was just over 720p."

http://couchjockeyz.com/killzone-shadow-fall-sub-1080p/