DOOM Xbox One will be "nitpicked to death" if we show gameplay too soon

#71scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 8:39:07 AM
If I don't know how many P's I'm getting, I can't make an informed purchase! Some of u just b mad...
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#72BahamutBBobPosted 7/23/2014 8:52:53 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
So we won't see anything thanks to Digital Foundry and their 'bash Xbox for clicks' agenda. Great.

So the website that points out which version looks/runs better is bad now, because you bought the weaker console this time around? OK.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#73scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2014 9:03:04 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
So we won't see anything thanks to Digital Foundry and their 'bash Xbox for clicks' agenda. Great.

So the website that points out which version looks/runs better is bad now, because you bought the weaker console this time around? OK.

When you gotta go, you gotta go. Just try not to let a t-rex eat you in the middle of a poop.

Donald Gennaro
R I P
1947-
"You were too beautiful
for this world."

---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil (aka Altair001)
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#74leatheljPosted 7/23/2014 9:35:38 AM
This hen is all about counting pixels and looking at resolution I do partly blame digital foundry of just adding fuel to fanboy wars they know what there doing but fanboys are to blame as well every one from both sides fighting to justify there system and company it's sad game play story and fun have been pushed in the back ground. Ppl now judge games based off frames and resolution if it it's not 1080p 60fps it's automatically unplayable and the game is garbage there are ppl ego think this way I s*** you not it's sad to see what console gameing has become there is no need to try and convince people these things don't matter so much just let them fight you can't save them all it's best ti just focause on yourself and enjoy your console and ignore DF and resolution wars and pixel counting wars topics
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#75Viet0nePosted 7/23/2014 9:40:22 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
For those trying to damage control the KZSF fiasco, here's what you need to know.

"The Titanfall beta which received some flack from “insiders” was running at 1408 pixels by 792 pixels which gives us 1,115,136 pixels

The multiplayer for Killzone Shadow Fall was running at 960 pixels by 1080 pixels which yields 1,036,800 pixels placing it UNDER the Titanfall BETA. With only a 115,200 pixel difference between Killzone and 720p, I think its safe to say the game was just over 720p."

http://couchjockeyz.com/killzone-shadow-fall-sub-1080p/

Yet even with fewer pixels for KZ on PS4, the game looks several times better than Titanfall in IQ, no contest. The difference between KS on the PS4 and Titanfall on the Xbox One is even greater than the difference between Titanfall on the Xbox One compared to the 360 version.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Dead Rising 3, Destiny
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#76Parisinflames78Posted 7/23/2014 10:06:49 AM
Horridhal posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
Horridhal posted...

So posting factual information about performance is 'bashing,' now?

Stay classy, X1 board.

It's factual that a Mercedes C350 and BMW 335i (closest comparatives for competing vehicles) are close to one another in all numbered performance aspects and owners of either car love 'em. There will be a marginal difference between the two in various performance (or power...) areas with one superseding the other, but focusing on such minute details entirely as they pertain to the overall experience of driving the car (or playing the game...) changes the marketing and customer perception and customer focus for the worse.

I drive a Mercedes and we always argue one vs the other but we still are intelligent adults and know it's more of a game to one up the other when at the end of the day the differences are marginal and we don't really care. This is exactly what the console wars are like except people do care for some reason, even though we're arguing $70,000 cars vs and this is $400 consoles vs and we still don't take it as seriously as console people do.

Dude, it is a digital comparison website. They are doing what they have been doing for years and posting facts about performance and backing them up.

Thing is that because of the nature of the hardware used in the consoles, by and large, these comparisons favor the PS4.

Because of this people on this board consider it 'bashing' when, in actuality, it is just being a legitimate source of information.

I think the problem is they do that stuff on unreleased products which could give people a bad opinion of something if they font regularly check that kind of stuff.
#77Miiri0Posted 7/23/2014 4:08:45 PM
leathelj posted...
This hen is all about counting pixels and looking at resolution I do partly blame digital foundry of just adding fuel to fanboy wars they know what there doing but fanboys are to blame as well every one from both sides fighting to justify there system and company it's sad game play story and fun have been pushed in the back ground. Ppl now judge games based off frames and resolution if it it's not 1080p 60fps it's automatically unplayable and the game is garbage there are ppl ego think this way I s*** you not it's sad to see what console gameing has become there is no need to try and convince people these things don't matter so much just let them fight you can't save them all it's best ti just focause on yourself and enjoy your console and ignore DF and resolution wars and pixel counting wars topics

This. DF should be banned from internet. For games like sniper elite 3, where it ran like a champ on ps4 @1080p. If DF didnt report the horrible fps and screen tearing fest on xbone version, more ignorance gamers will buy it on xbone. This will keep xbone more competitive against ps4. I blame ps4's 5 millions lead over xbone on DF.

I think its ok for DF to report games performance during ps3/360 gen because they about the same power and 360 have the slight edge over ps3. Now ps4 is considerably stronger than xbone, DF should not compare their game because ps4 version will simply massacre the xbone version. Everytime.
#78Engineer-samaPosted 7/23/2014 7:41:26 PM
Miiri0 posted...
leathelj posted...

This. DF should be banned from internet. For games like sniper elite 3, where it ran like a champ on ps4 @1080p. If DF didnt report the horrible fps and screen tearing fest on xbone version, more ignorance gamers will buy it on xbone. This will keep xbone more competitive against ps4. I blame ps4's 5 millions lead over xbone on DF.

I think its ok for DF to report games performance during ps3/360 gen because they about the same power and 360 have the slight edge over ps3. Now ps4 is considerably stronger than xbone, DF should not compare their game because ps4 version will simply massacre the xbone version. Everytime.

That's exactly what I put in my previous message before the 11 year old, biased mods got to it. Basically, I said that if the xbone people only accept that their console is weaker, we wouldn't even need DF to point out the flaws. DF is simply catering to the demand, so if we already knew that the xbone version would be inferior, these butthurt MS fanboys wouldn't act so surprised when digital foundry makes a comparison.
#79MrImpatient35Posted 7/23/2014 7:45:33 PM
Could you imagine the uproar from "gamers" if they released footage of the game, months BEFORE release, and it wasn't 1080p/60fps with flawless graphics?! The whole internet would shut down lol.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."
#80chedibang1994Posted 7/23/2014 8:01:57 PM
Blaming xbox again I see lol, I don't care it's doom I want to see how it is
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay