DOOM Xbox One will be "nitpicked to death" if we show gameplay too soon

#81BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:37:40 PM
Engineer-sama posted...
Miiri0 posted...
leathelj posted...
This hen is all about counting pixels and looking at resolution I do partly blame digital foundry of just adding fuel to fanboy wars they know what there doing but fanboys are to blame as well every one from both sides fighting to justify there system and company it's sad game play story and fun have been pushed in the back ground. Ppl now judge games based off frames and resolution if it it's not 1080p 60fps it's automatically unplayable and the game is garbage there are ppl ego think this way I s*** you not it's sad to see what console gameing has become there is no need to try and convince people these things don't matter so much just let them fight you can't save them all it's best ti just focause on yourself and enjoy your console and ignore DF and resolution wars and pixel counting wars topics

This. DF should be banned from internet. For games like sniper elite 3, where it ran like a champ on ps4 @1080p. If DF didnt report the horrible fps and screen tearing fest on xbone version, more ignorance gamers will buy it on xbone. This will keep xbone more competitive against ps4. I blame ps4's 5 millions lead over xbone on DF.

I think its ok for DF to report games performance during ps3/360 gen because they about the same power and 360 have the slight edge over ps3. Now ps4 is considerably stronger than xbone, DF should not compare their game because ps4 version will simply massacre the xbone version. Everytime.

That's exactly what I put in my previous message before the 11 year old, biased mods got to it. Basically, I said that if the xbone people only accept that their console is weaker, we wouldn't even need DF to point out the flaws. DF is simply catering to the demand, so if we already knew that the xbone version would be inferior, these butthurt MS fanboys wouldn't act so surprised when digital foundry makes a comparison.

Again, this is not about which system is more powerful or which version is better.

It's about "pointing out the flaws" of an unfinished game, an early build, a trailer, a demo, a TV commercial, a pic...it's about ruining gaming.

From the article: "We're working with them to say, 'How does this work? What do we want to show?'
"And they're like, 'Look, we don't want a stream to go up for a game that isn't at the point where we would formally show it to the world, and now that thing is getting picked apart, and digested, and gone through frame-by-frame and getting nitpicked to death, when normally we wouldn't be showing this to anybody at all.'"

You see, the developers themselves are pissed...what else needs to be said? ClickBaitFoundry is beyond pathetic these days, there's no denying it.

And to the guy talking about screen tearing, just a reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gztCvz-p4tY&list=UU9PBzalIcEQCsiIkq36PyUA

Who you gonna call?
#82Miiri0Posted 7/23/2014 8:45:55 PM
Lol murder soul.

Ps4 - 60fps
Xbone - 30 fps

Clearly its the developer choice. On same condition everybody know ps4 going to destroy xbone. Everytime.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLuXX4LliI
#83N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 7/24/2014 7:20:13 PM(edited)
There was a topic made a couple days ago that showed (in a graph) the difference in each console performance wise, and also placed PC GPUs in the equation. The numbers for PS4 were straight-forward, while the numbers for X1 were more skewed because of 2 scenarios (one with only eSRAM/one without it and just the DDR3). Even with out the eSRAM in the equation, the two were still fairly close performance wise, which begs the question, with the DDR3 and the eSRAM, how close is the gap? Because going off the results, the R9 290x (top AMD gpu out) scored a 100, and the PS4 was like 42 and the X1 was like 35. And that, like I said was the score without both DDR3 and eSRAM working together.

I bring all this up because last gen the 360 had a much better GPU while PS3 had a more powerful CPU, albeit more hard to use. After the first year or two, the comparisons started to even out mostly, and by 1/2 of the way into the generation multi-plats were pretty much identical.

Once the developers are on their second, or third game I think we will see parity, or very close to it with marginal differences. Exclusives are a different story however and I think that just like with PS3, there will be games on each side that rival the competitions best graphics at that time.

Anyways, people that are tired of the comparisons, I understand it can be annoying (no matter what side you're on), but it will never go away. Even when parity is achieved like last gen, the comparisons were still there. Last gen as a 360 owner I kinda followed comparisons at first but by the end of the first year (of both PS3/360 being out) I stopped looking them up altogether, and I think most other people did too. I'm sure the same pattern will follow.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#84cmincPosted 7/24/2014 9:33:06 PM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
There was a topic made a couple days ago that showed (in a graph) the difference in each console performance wise, and also placed PC GPUs in the equation. The numbers for PS4 were straight-forward, while the numbers for X1 were more skewed because of 2 scenarios (one with only eSRAM/one without it and just the DDR3). Even with out the eSRAM in the equation, the two were still fairly close performance wise, which begs the question, with the DDR3 and the eSRAM, how close is the gap? Because going off the results, the R9 290x (top AMD gpu out) scored a 100, and the PS4 was like 42 and the X1 was like 35. And that, like I said was the score without both DDR3 and eSRAM working together.

I bring all this up because last gen the 360 had a much better GPU while PS3 had a more powerful CPU, albeit more hard to use. After the first year or two, the comparisons started to even out mostly, and by 1/2 of the way into the generation multi-plats were pretty much identical.

Once the developers are on their second, or third game I think we will see parity, or very close to it with marginal differences. Exclusives are a different story however and I think that just like with PS3, there will be games on each side that rival the competitions best graphics at that time.

Anyways, people that are tired of the comparisons, I understand it can be annoying (no matter what side you're on), but it will never go away. Even when parity is achieved like last gen, the comparisons were still there. Last gen as a 360 owner I kinda followed comparisons at first but by the end of the first year (of both PS3/360 being out) I stopped looking them up altogether, and I think most other people did too. I'm sure the same pattern will follow.

Its not so much the fact that people make comparisons that upsets people. Its the fact so many ps4 fanboys feel the need to emphasize minor, almost non existent, differences between sales or two versions of a game over and over and over again on every board and comments section that they can find that IS NOT for ps4 discussion like it's going to matter to people that arent interested in anything the system has, is getting or hopes to get.

I keep hearing 'more superior this' 'better games that' and 'obviously more powerful' and every ounce of it is a load of crap that is shared for no other reason than to be difficult. Multiplat games pretty much were already identical at launch and the disparity gets smaller and smaller with each release. Anyone that honestly thinks killzone, driveclub, indies and infamous are better than halo, forza anything, other indies and your choice of any other exclusive is kidding themselves. And i still havent seen anything on the sony side come off looking 1% better, much less the 40% theyre forever talking about.

I'm not attacking you. Im just saying that youre talking about people, and the rest of us are talking about trolls. It doesnt matter to them that things equal out to be the same, it only matters to them that they have a toy thats 'objectively better' than the one we have and thats whether it has games to play or not.

Yes, they are that sad, lonely and pathetic.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS